Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternatives to Pierpont BOG
Question 
I completed all of the courses at ASU, Sophia, and Coursera as required for the Pierpont Associate Degree in Information Systems.

Because of the sudden reform, I could not continue my studies at Pierpont. I can't get past their Personal authentication system. Because I am Chinese, they did not help me with it. Are there any other cheap associate degrees?
I'm confused what the issue is, did they email you back? Why are you looking for an associates when your goal is a bachelors? If you're going UMPI, the AALS is free. If you're going TESU, their AA, ASBA, AS are also free... It's good you're providing an update, but you need to be clear what the issue is and to resolve it, not avoid it.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-24-2024, 01:00 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm confused what the issue is, did they email you back?  Why are you looking for an associates when your goal is a bachelors?  If you're going UMPI, the AALS is free.  If you're going TESU, their AA, ASBA, AS are also free...  It's good you're providing an update, but you need to be clear what the issue is and to resolve it, not avoid it.

I sent them about 30 emails, and the processing@pierpont.edu department never responded to me.
Other departments said they would handle it, but I waited for 20 days and now they just don't respond to me.
I want to study BAS at UMPI, so I want to find another AAS associate degree instead.
Thank you,  I'll go check out what you said
Thanks again brother, I was so angry with them that they kept ignoring me
Hello everyone, I hope all is well with you. 

I am planning my degree according to this advice https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan, but I have encountered a problem. 

I applied for the Pierpont BOG IT program on August 9 and submitted my transcripts from ASU, Sophia, and Course to the school, and they were received. However, since I am Chinese and only have a Chinese passport, I have been unable to pass the identity verification required by the school. As a result, I do not have a student email and cannot log in to the student center to study. To this day, Nancy has advised me to go to the school with my passport for verification, but I do not have a U.S. visa. I have contacted all the emails listed on the Pierpont website, but no one has given me a definite answer on whether Chinese applicants are not allowed to apply for the Pierpont BOG program. 

I don't want to wait any longer. If Chinese applicants are not eligible for the Pierpont BOG IT program, I am planning to apply for the UMPI Bachelor of Applied Science in December this year. Are there any other similar alternative options that are low-cost and feasible?

Thanks a million.
(08-24-2024, 09:23 PM)Rhonda Wrote: Hello everyone, I hope all is well with you. 

I am planning my degree according to this advice https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan, but I have encountered a problem. 

I applied for the Pierpont BOG IT program on August 9 and submitted my transcripts from ASU, Sophia, and Course to the school, and they were received. However, since I am Chinese and only have a Chinese passport, I have been unable to pass the identity verification required by the school. As a result, I do not have a student email and cannot log in to the student center to study.

Study for what?  You would not want to take any courses from Pierpont or at least not very many. They aren't cheap..  They say they take international students.  I would guess there would be a solution.  They are not very communicative. Are you sure you are not getting ahead of yourself? Don't they snail mail documents?
What I mean is that I have already completed the required credits for the Pierpont BOG IT program through ASU, Sophia, and Coursera, and I have sent my transcripts to Pierpont via Prochant. However, I have been unable to pass the identity verification due to using a Chinese passport, and Pierpont has not provided any solutions. That's why I am urgently looking for other alternatives; I do not want to disrupt my plans.

(08-24-2024, 10:12 PM)Old Guy Wrote:
(08-24-2024, 09:23 PM)Rhonda Wrote: Hello everyone, I hope all is well with you. 

I applied for the Pierpont BOG IT program on August 9 and submitted my transcripts from ASU, Sophia, and Course to the school, and they were received. However, since I am Chinese and only have a Chinese passport, I have been unable to pass the identity verification required by the school. As a result, I do not have a student email and cannot log in to the student center to study.

Study for what?  You would not want to take any courses from Pierpont or at least not very many.  They aren't cheap..  They say they take international students.  I would guess there would be a solution.  They are not very communicative.  Are you sure you are not getting ahead of yourself?  Don't they snail mail documents?

What I mean is that I have already completed the required credits for the Pierpont BOG IT program through ASU, Sophia, and Coursera, and I have sent my transcripts to Pierpont via Prochant. However, I have been unable to pass the identity verification due to using a Chinese passport, and Pierpont has not provided any solutions. That's why I am urgently looking for other alternatives; I do not want to disrupt my plans.
All international students are accepted, did you specifically apply for the Pierpont BOG AAS program and get accepted? There aren't many other WV programs available to go for, there was Blue Ridge and WVNCC and others, but you'll most likely come across the same issue. Why are they needing to verify your identity? Many people from Asia, including China/India have gone on to get this... You don't need any Visa for online programs, you're not studying at Pierpont for their BOG AAS, I believe you selected the wrong program (like a few other people).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Is a passport not allowed at the ID verification stage for Chinese nationals? I'm not Chinese but I remember it showed me that passport was one of the options available.
No judgment intended, but if you sent them 30 unsolicited emails, it's likely that they have categorized you as difficult to deal with and therefore have decided not to deal with you. Perhaps the reaction in China would have been different-- I don't know, I've never lived there-- but at a certain point most Americans will perceive that kind of persistence as harassment and block someone or at least refuse to interact further.

UMPI has many options other than the BAS, so you might just want to consider a different UMPI degree instead. You can transfer up to 90 credits to any of those degrees.
(08-25-2024, 11:25 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: All international students are accepted, did you specifically apply for the Pierpont BOG AAS program and get accepted?  There aren't many other WV programs available to go for, there was Blue Ridge and WVNCC and others, but you'll most likely come across the same issue.  Why are they needing to verify your identity?  Many people from Asia, including China/India have gone on to get this... You don't need any Visa for online programs, you're not studying at Pierpont for their BOG AAS, I believe you selected the wrong program (like a few other people).

I applied for the Pierpont BOG Information Systems program. I have tried more than a dozen times to verify my identity using my ID and passport, but the page keeps indicating that my identity cannot be verified. If my identity cannot be verified, and Pierpont does not provide a student email and password, is it still necessary for me to continue studying?

(08-25-2024, 11:33 AM)Pikachu Wrote: Is a passport not allowed at the ID verification stage for Chinese nationals? I'm not Chinese but I remember it showed me that passport was one of the options available.

I have tried more than a dozen times to verify my identity using my ID and passport, but the page keeps indicating that my identity cannot be verified. My other Chinese friends also cannot verify their identity with their Chinese IDs or Chinese passports, but they were able to pass the verification using long-term residence cards from other countries and received their student accounts and passwords. I feel very depressed Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 26 1,477 09-17-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: FeFe_Fiona
  Pierpont Contacts - Please Do Not Spam Them tensen 20 5,496 09-17-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Bermy18
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 62 6,600 09-17-2024, 11:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont is still processing BOGs! lvl0rg4n 3 165 09-16-2024, 10:30 PM
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,892 09-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,224 09-15-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,704 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 912 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 227 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 534 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas