Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admission to US Masters degrees through ENEB?
(06-08-2024, 01:56 AM)David1477 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 06:10 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 03:41 PM)David1477 Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 01:59 PM)allvia Wrote: @David1477 - Once your UoPeople degree has been conferred you should just apply to UMPI for the MAOL and see what happens, especially being an international student.  It is currently one of the lowest cost options, but new options come up all the time, or requirements change (even for international students).

I wrote to their admissions team last year without getting a clear answer. I wrote them one more email today to check if maybe now they provide clearer answers.

But yeah, the easiest way to find out will be to apply once I have the degree and I will surely try it.

Who did you write to?

I wrote to umpi-admissions@maine.edu

I wrote to the umpi-yourpace@maine.edu and this is what they have told me

Attached Files
.png   umpi-response-uopeople.png (Size: 83.54 KB / Downloads: 44)
[-] The following 1 user Likes zebrahead's post:
  • David1477
(06-10-2024, 06:43 AM)zebrahead Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 01:59 PM)allvia Wrote: @David1477 - Once your UoPeople degree has been conferred you should just apply to UMPI for the MAOL and see what happens, especially being an international student.  It is currently one of the lowest cost options, but new options come up all the time, or requirements change (even for international students).

I wrote to their admissions team last year without getting a clear answer. I wrote them one more email today to check if maybe now they provide clearer answers.

But yeah, the easiest way to find out will be to apply once I have the degree and I will surely try it.

Who did you write to?

Seems pretty clear
(06-10-2024, 06:43 AM)zebrahead Wrote:

Who did you write to?

Well that is unfortunate especially since they accept U of the P transfer credits for their bachelor's degree. You may struggle to find a RA master's program that accepts an NA bachelor's degree in the US.
That was expected, they only accept NA credits on a case by case basis (like many other institutions that don't accept NA) or if they have some sort of agreement or previous transfers. My suggestion is, if you're looking at the ENEB as your initial first post is mentioning, then review post #5 to get a favorable RA BA evaluation for your ENEB.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Christian RA schools tend to be friendlier to NA for admissions on average. They write their policies recognizing that they share a student market with TRACS and ABHE schools. This could benefit you even though your NA is DEAC. Liberty is famously friendly to NA. You might try Kairos which is CBE.

For-profit RA schools tend to be friendlier to NA because they’re hungry. Schools that recently achieved RA from previously being NA tend to be friendly to NA. Columbia Southern fits both these criteria, and it’s fairly affordable and fairly well-reviewed.
(06-07-2024, 04:18 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(06-07-2024, 03:41 PM)David1477 Wrote: I wrote to their admissions team last year without getting a clear answer. I wrote them one more email today to check if maybe now they provide clearer answers.
Until recently an outside company was contracted to answer certain admissions inquiries to UMPI YourPace. They were famously unreliable with complicated inquiries. But the contract ended and UMPI brought those services in-house. This should augur well for your new inquiry.

I once wrote to admissions email address at UMPI, asking for that specific question in regards to UoPeople BS CS diploma for UMPI MAOL admission.  I was answered with "We do accept University of the People".

But most people on this forum say it is not the case, and even on UMPIs website it says, that they do not accept diplomas from NA schools for MAOL admission. :/

(06-08-2024, 05:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-08-2024, 01:56 AM)David1477 Wrote: I wrote to umpi-admissions@maine.edu

You need to email someone in the actual admissions office not the generic admissions emails address. 

https://www.umpi.edu/admissions/admissions-crew/

I wrote to Admissions office and Jessica replied. https://www.umpi.edu/campus-directory/jessica-cameron/

Here is the pic.

So, it is conflicting information. But I think, most people are probably right, they do not accept UoPeople BS CS.

Oh, when I wrote to them, it did not make the distinction between NA or RA degrees on the website. So, its probably a new thing because many people were contacting them about that, probably.

Attached Files
.jpg   uopeople_maol.jpg (Size: 97.48 KB / Downloads: 23)
Well, her response doesn't really clarify anything for you.
Hmm, it's getting confusing... I would be on the safe side and make sure you have all the requirements for entry before you apply.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would take the email UMPI sent to ecdw94 saying that they accept University of the People degrees, attach that in a PDF and make reference to it in the email, and I would also attach this https://sacscoc.org/app/uploads/2020/03/....26.19.pdf and make reference to that as well.

The NA-RA paradigm is dead. It's over, and this is an example of why it should be dead. One could get a degree from a random school in a foreign country whose quality is no better than (and many being worse than) a school like UoP, get an RA equivalent evaluation from an FCE and get admitted to UMPI, but wouldn't be able to get admitted using a degree from a legitimately accredited U.S. school sitting on our own soil, whose accreditation is backed by the U.S. Department of Education. Sorry, but that is just plain ridiculous and shouldn't be happening.

Make UMPI aware of the NA-RA paradigm being dead, and challenge their position.
Try Liberty University they accept NA degrees. Also, Regents University accepts NA degrees. Your degree from U of P might be accepted now if you do not like the faith requirements of both schools it's going to be very hard to find an RA school willing to take your NA degree, unfortunately. That is the reality that RA vs NA still exists although the department of education states they are equal under accreditation standards.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,217 718,019 4 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 82 40,294 09-19-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  UN Masters Degree online for <9K David1477 7 863 09-15-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,455 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,472 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,178 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 625 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Thoughts on LABASAD - Creative Online Masters - Escuela de Diseño Online magm 1 413 08-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  CU Boulder Masters on Coursera spohara 17 8,020 08-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: spohara
  georgia tech online masters crowbird 13 1,788 08-11-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: sarahmac