Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admission to US Masters degrees through ENEB?
I have 5 courses left to complete my bachelor's degree in business at UoPeople.

Since the degree is nationally accredited, some institutions (like UMPI) won't accept me for their masters degrees.

If I'd complete an MBA or masters degree at ENEB by doing the test-based version which won't cost me too much effort/time, would that help me with my admissions to masters degrees in the US (or UMPI MAOL in specific)?

I don't know if the "professional" masters degree from ENEB would open up new possibilities for my graduate studies. If I understand correctly, I could do the test version for ~500$ (+ maybe another ~500$ for an apostille if necessary) and it would take me <6 months with no papers. If that would allow me to do the UMPI MAOL for <5k compared to other RA masters degrees for 10k it would be financially worth it for me. It would be both cheaper and far less effort than doing a whole bachelor's degree at UMPI to gain admission for the MAOL.

Does anybody have experience with this or did anybody try to use their ENEB degree to enroll in the MAOL at UMPI or other RA online masters in the US?
There's no guarantee that a college will accept ENEB for transfer purposes. It's pretty controversial as one can see by reading the hundreds of pages on it. Did you actually check with UMPI admissions to see if you would be accepted with the degree from U of the P?
One method for utilizing ENEB for transfer is through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) instead of direct credit transfers. However, this is not guaranteed and depends on the assessor's decision.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
A friend earned a degree from the University of the People (UOP) and was accepted into a regionally accredited (RA) school graduate program. I am unsure if it was because UOP is nationally accredited and a candidate for RA or if the school accepted NA bachelor's degrees. There are definitely RA graduate schools that accept NA degrees. You need to search around for something that fits your goals.

I believe the school was ACE.edu, which accepted his UOP degree, but don't quote me. This really is a golden opportunity to look for an RA graduate program that will accept you. I wouldn't taint my resume with questionable foreign degrees. Please keep us posted and congratulations on your upcoming degree at UOP!
Here's my answer from a different thread, ENEB to UK Top-Up... Same steps to take, after an evaluation (favorable one), you should be good to go. ENEB to US institution should work the same way. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-possible
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
All you have to do is finish an ENEB Master's program, get the Isabel degree, get a foreign credential evaluation from ECE as they are known to evaluate ENEB degrees as equivalent to US RA Bachelor's degrees. Then submit the evaluation with your application to a US Master's program.

As for the test-based degree, that's just junk. 50 questions is not sufficient for a Master's, and now that Isabel no longer awards their degree unless you take the real Master's course where you actually do real work, you would be relegated only to the ENEB diploma which may not get favorable evaluation results. I say, it's best to do the work and earn the Isabel degree just so you won't get any surprises come evaluation time.

(06-05-2024, 10:17 AM)Stonybeach Wrote: A friend earned a degree from the University of the People (UOP) and was accepted into a regionally accredited (RA) school graduate program. I am unsure if it was because UOP is nationally accredited and a candidate for RA or if the school accepted NA bachelor's degrees. There are definitely RA graduate schools that accept NA degrees. You need to search around for something that fits your goals.

I believe the school was ACE.edu, which accepted his UOP degree, but don't quote me. This really is a golden opportunity to look for an RA graduate program that will accept you. I wouldn't taint my resume with questionable foreign degrees. Please keep us posted and congratulations on your upcoming degree at UOP!
He's just trying to get accepted into another program, he's probably not interested in listing the foreign degree on a resume. I agree with you that he should just approach some schools. The issue of getting a degree from an 'NA' school accepted at an 'RA' school is not nearly the issue it was 15-20 years ago despite what you'll hear on some message boards.
(06-05-2024, 08:17 AM)David1477 Wrote: I have 5 courses left to complete my bachelor's degree in business at UoPeople.

Since the degree is nationally accredited, some institutions (like UMPI) won't accept me for their masters degrees.

If I'd complete an MBA or masters degree at ENEB by doing the test-based version which won't cost me too much effort/time, would that help me with my admissions to masters degrees in the US (or UMPI MAOL in specific)?

I don't know if the "professional" masters degree from ENEB would open up new possibilities for my graduate studies. If I understand correctly, I could do the test version for ~500$ (+ maybe another ~500$ for an apostille if necessary) and it would take me <6 months with no papers. If that would allow me to do the UMPI MAOL for <5k compared to other RA masters degrees for 10k it would be financially worth it for me. It would be both cheaper and far less effort than doing a whole bachelor's degree at UMPI to gain admission for the MAOL.

Does anybody have experience with this or did anybody try to use their ENEB degree to enroll in the MAOL at UMPI or other RA online masters in the US?

Fellow uopeople bachelors student here (Computer Science), so I am obviously interested in this thread.

In case you didn't know, I wanted to give you a heads-up that uopeople are in the process of requesting regional accreditation after they made many changes (accreditors will visit in Fall 2024), the result report will be released around Feb 2025. If you're taking 2 courses per term,  and have 5 courses to go, it seems this month will coincide with your time of graduation. So you might want to wait to press that "request graduation" button until at least after that result. It could save you a ton of hassle.

As an aside: I'm curious: Are you sure you NEED a master's degree? What is your reason for getting that?
(06-05-2024, 06:42 PM)dutchdragon Wrote: Fellow uopeople bachelors student here (Computer Science), so I am obviously interested in this thread.

In case you didn't know, I wanted to give you a heads-up that uopeople are in the process of requesting regional accreditation after they made many changes (accreditors will visit in Fall 2024), the result report will be released around Feb 2025. If you're taking 2 courses per term,  and have 5 courses to go, it seems this month will coincide with your time of graduation. So you might want to wait to press that "request graduation" button until at least after that result. It could save you a ton of hassle.

As an aside: I'm curious: Are you sure you NEED a master's degree? What is your reason for getting that?

Don't count on that RA accreditation coming through. They still have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near being RA.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • jg_nuy, Vle045
(06-05-2024, 07:36 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 06:42 PM)dutchdragon Wrote: Fellow uopeople bachelors student here (Computer Science), so I am obviously interested in this thread.

Don't count on that RA accreditation coming through. They still have a lot of work to do to get anywhere near being RA.

I'm just saying, since OP is graduating the same month as the result, and is willing to jump through many hoops (ENEB) to get access to a master's that only accepts regionally accredited degrees, it makes sense to wait for the result, before requesting the graduation. That's all.
Using ENEB for that purpose is an extreme long shot. It might be better to see what schools will accept the UoPeople degree.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,216 717,618 1 hour ago
Last Post: aimz
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 82 40,257 09-19-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  UN Masters Degree online for <9K David1477 7 862 09-15-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,449 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,469 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,178 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 624 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Thoughts on LABASAD - Creative Online Masters - Escuela de Diseño Online magm 1 410 08-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  CU Boulder Masters on Coursera spohara 17 8,019 08-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: spohara
  georgia tech online masters crowbird 13 1,783 08-11-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: sarahmac