Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASU vs Liberty - For MS in BIOLOGY
Any recommendations for MS inn Biology in ASU vs Liberty University?

Also any students from these university?
ASU! ASU! ASU! Liberty has a poor reputation among scientists, especially biologists, because of their stance on evolution.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 6 users Like sanantone's post:
  • allvia, CatsDomino, datby98, FastTrackDegree, jsd, ss20ts
ASU. It's a school with no agenda.
[-] The following 2 users Like ifomonay's post:
  • jsd, ss20ts
Have you looked at others that are in your state and also online? ASU has several biology programs, is there a specific one you're looking at?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vle045
(10-02-2022, 01:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you looked at others that are in your state and also online? ASU has several biology programs, is there a specific one you're looking at?

Yes, looking for campus/in person admission in the Texas state but that will take another season to start (spring or summer). Meanwhile, thinking to start online (without wasting time) and may transfer when get accepted in campus.

By the way , this is for my friend in Texas. There are very competitive university in biology in campus/online. Last summer, everywhere her applications were rejected. May be anyone can suggest low ranking university/college in Texas for campus/in person.
(10-02-2022, 11:04 AM)NewatTESU Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 01:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you looked at others that are in your state and also online?  ASU has several biology programs, is there a specific one you're looking at?

Yes, looking for campus/in person admission in the Texas state but that will take another season to start (spring or summer). Meanwhile, thinking to start online (without wasting time) and may transfer when get accepted in campus.

By the way , this is for my friend in Texas. There are very competitive university in biology in campus/online. Last summer, everywhere her applications were rejected. May be anyone can suggest low ranking university/college in Texas for campus/in person.

You might have a hard time finding a graduate school to start before the spring semester, which is only three months away, and applications and transcripts take time.

UTPB has an in-person MS in biology: https://www.utpb.edu/academics/programs/...ms-biology

As does Lamar: https://www.lamar.edu/arts-sciences/biol...ology.html

For an additional online option, though it couldn't be started before spring, the school where I'm currently doing grad school (EIU) has an online MS in biological sciences. The sessions are full semesters, which is a drawback for some, but it is fairly reasonably priced at $410 per credit all-in (this includes course fees, technology fees, and book rentals). Probably not the cheapest option, but it's about $1,500 less than ASU per semester (assuming three classes), and more if you have to buy books at ASU, which I don't know. That said, while EIU is a good, respectable university, I'm sure ASU is much more well known. I also cannot speak for the biology department at EIU, as that isn't my field. But, I know the school because I go there, I personally really like it, and I have found both administrators and professors great to work with.

https://www.eiu.edu/biologygrad/online.php
Here's a link to a spreadsheet I just updated for my future Biology studies at the master's level.  I am thinking of adding a few more to make the list up to about 20 shortlists, entirely online... I prefer public/state schools over private/non-profit ones though... What I am thinking is getting the WSU Grad Cert and ladder it up to one of these master's degrees. Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

(10-02-2022, 03:45 PM)wildebeest Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 11:04 AM)NewatTESU Wrote:
(10-02-2022, 01:28 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you looked at others that are in your state and also online?  ASU has several biology programs, is there a specific one you're looking at?

You might have a hard time finding a graduate school to start before the spring semester, which is only three months away, and applications and transcripts take time.

UTPB has an in-person MS in biology: https://www.utpb.edu/academics/programs/...ms-biology

As does Lamar: https://www.lamar.edu/arts-sciences/biol...ology.html

For an additional online option, though it couldn't be started before spring, the school where I'm currently doing grad school (EIU) has an online MS in biological sciences. The sessions are full semesters, which is a drawback for some, but it is fairly reasonably priced at $410 per credit all-in (this includes course fees, technology fees, and book rentals). Probably not the cheapest option, but it's about $1,500 less than ASU per semester (assuming three classes), and more if you have to buy books at ASU, which I don't know. That said, while EIU is a good, respectable university, I'm sure ASU is much more well known. I also cannot speak for the biology department at EIU, as that isn't my field. But, I know the school because I go there, I personally really like it, and I have found both administrators and professors great to work with.

https://www.eiu.edu/biologygrad/online.php

Thank you ! UTPM has lot of addmission requirements which do not meet. 
I have stated reaching out to EIU for more info!

(10-02-2022, 04:54 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here's a link to a spreadsheet I just updated for my future Biology studies at the master's level.  I am thinking of adding a few more to make the list up to about 20 shortlists, entirely online... I prefer public/state schools over private/non-profit ones though... What I am thinking is getting the WSU Grad Cert and ladder it up to one of these master's degrees. Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing

This looks nice. Thank you for sharing ! 
Please mindful with Washington State University - It has nationally accredited.
University of Missouri - Columbia - only BioMedical science course is nationally accredited. Rest university is regionally accredited. 
As per my research, many reputed Universities do accept students into PhD from nationally accredited programs/Universities.
NewatTESU Wrote:This looks nice. Thank you for sharing ! 
Please mindful with Washington State University - It has nationally accredited.
University of Missouri - Columbia - only BioMedical science course is nationally accredited. Rest university is regionally accredited. 
As per my research, many reputed Universities do accept students into PhD from nationally accredited programs/Universities.

That's great, you should do some further research into some programs if you're interested in them.  The EIU program mentioned above is very affordable as well.  I should and will add that program later into my list as well... Accreditation is hard to explain, there are Nationally Accredited institutions which usually deal with trade/vocational diplomas/degrees but now have crossed over to Associates, Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in various fields.

In regards to Washington State University, the university is Regionally Accredited by NWCCU and University of Missouri - Columbia may have programs that are Nationally Recognized (It's different than being Accredited), both are RA and should have Nationally Recognized programs as well... These programs may have programmatic/secondary accreditation. 

Nationally Recognized programs are different than the institutional accreditation they have programmatic or secondary accreditation in addition to RA or NA, as an example ABET, it just indicates the program be it Computing or Engineering has nationally recognized programs and are authorized by ABET.  Another is ACBSP, they accredit Business programs nationally and internationally.

Many schools and organizations misuse the term "nationally accredited." You should go to the school's accreditation page to determine whether they're accredited by one of the regional accreditors. National accreditation and regional accreditation are forms of institutional accreditation. Institutional accreditation applies to the entire college/university, not an individual program or department. However, institutional accreditors do need to approve new programs. Rarely does a school offer a new program without approval.

Programmatic or specialized accreditation applies to a specific degree program or a department focused on one field of study. For example, a university can have AACSB accreditation for one business program or their entire business department/school.

For biology, one should only care about whether the college or university is regionally accredited. There's not a programmatic accreditation for biology that employers are looking for. If the person wants to work in medical technology or clinical laboratory science, then there is NAACLS accreditation for programs of those names.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions for UofPeople and Liberty University graduates Randyb100 9 1,608 02-20-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Thoughts and Opinions on PhD in Bible Exposition from Liberty University isaachunter 18 6,378 08-06-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Liberty U MA History vetvso 4 1,037 12-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Liberty University - Masters ? acamp 9 2,015 04-07-2021, 12:31 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  NationsU to Liberty RoyalSpade 3 1,557 01-02-2021, 07:51 PM
Last Post: novamonday
  Biology Everywhere: UC-Boulder/Coursera: $49/month and $80/credit hour eriehiker 5 1,266 09-08-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  master classes transferable to Liberty University its4natalie 1 941 08-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Liberty PLA for Grad School videogamesrock 1 1,058 10-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Miami University Hybrid Master Degree Biology Sacricolist 7 1,831 09-21-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Sacricolist
  Liberty.edu and Teach grant smaddux 1 1,055 08-08-2018, 07:56 PM
Last Post: eriehiker