Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for UofPeople and Liberty University graduates
So I noticed that Liberty University allows nationally accredited master's degree holders to be admitted to doctoral programs there. Does anyone have any experience with UofPeople's master's programs and then pursuing a doctorate afterwards?

UofPeople are DEAC accredited, FWIW. I simply don't know how that will look on a resume. For the price of $3600, I could probably cram a semester at WGU and get one done with full funding (especially if they offer scholarships).
TCC - AAS in Information Technology 2015
TCC - AAS in IT, Website Management 2015
Coursera - IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Certificate, April 2023
TESU - Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (114 out of 120 credit hours)
Eastern University or A-State or UT - Austin - Something Artificial Intelligence related most likely
If you're in the Bible Belt, Liberty should be fine. Outside the Bible Belt, Liberty may not have the best reputation.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Darknigh7, jsd, NotJoeBiden, ss20ts
oh yea, no no no. Liberty degrees are toxic on a resume unless you're trying for a religious career.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - May 2025
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
You should be fine with a DEAC masters , Liberty University is a regionally accredit degree regardless, even is some people don’t like religious schools on a resume. Personally I’m not a fan of requiring religious references in work but it may work for you. The school is huge I got a chance to see it in person when I went to Lynchburg , VA. There are very few options you have with an NA masters degree so I think Liberty University is a solid choice for you for sure. I know American Public University accepts NA degrees but they only got two doctoral programs (one in global security , and another in strategic intelligence) just to put out another option
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
[-] The following 1 user Likes newdegree's post:
  • warriortaupou
Liberty University is fine if the following doesn't bother :

"Liberty University has a dinosaur exhibit in its Creation Museum that presents a young earth creationist view of the history of the universe. The exhibit features animatronic dinosaurs and other creatures alongside biblical depictions of the Garden of Eden and Noah's Ark. The exhibit suggests that the earth is only a few thousand years old and that dinosaurs and humans coexisted, a view that conflicts with mainstream scientific evidence and theories about the age of the earth and the evolution of species. This exhibit has been controversial and criticized by some scientists and educators as promoting a distorted view of science and history."
[-] The following 3 users Like durain's post:
  • NotJoeBiden, Randyb100, ss20ts
Columbia Southern might be worth looking into.  The have a DBA program.  I don’t know if they accept graduates of UoPeople, but they only recently became RA and their wording seems more flexible than some schools.

https://www.columbiasouthern.edu/online-...orate/dba/
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
I live in northern VA; work in fed government. I know several colleagues who graduated from Liberty U and others pursuing Liberty U degrees (and their kids!). Unless your degree is from Georgetown U, Harvard, Yale, Stanford—which will get you on a skyrocket to SES—a degree from Liberty U will do just fine.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials
[-] The following 1 user Likes warriortaupou's post:
  • LevelUP
(04-02-2023, 09:50 AM)warriortaupou Wrote: I live in northern VA; work in fed government. I know several colleagues who graduated from Liberty U and others pursuing Liberty U degrees (and their kids!). Unless your degree is from Georgetown U, Harvard, Yale, Stanford—which will get you on a skyrocket to SES—a degree from Liberty U will do just fine.

Agree with this take and have commented on Liberty on other threads. There tends to be much heat against Liberty from the lion's share of people with no experience attending the school. 

Also, I am open to the idea it could be a horrible experience  Big Grin
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • warriortaupou
I adjunct at UofPeople and would not recommend it for a Masters. The coursework is not adequate to prepare you for a DBA, but if you are a hardcharger you may be fine. Additionally, I am about 60% complete with my DBA from Liberty U and really enjoy the coursework and professors. I am not religious, but don't mind the Biblical integration.

WGU and Columbia Southern may be good options for you.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
[-] The following 1 user Likes kidneysmasher's post:
  • Vle045
My experience of enrolling in both UoPeople and WGU: Do WGU if you can, regionally accredited may benefit you in unexpected ways far in the future, the education standards are higher, the customer service is much better, of course studies are much faster, and hiring managers who know graduates of the school seem to prefer it. Just use flashcards (people upload WGU decks on Quizlet) or online lessons (Khan Academy for math, etc) to cram for your WGU courses while you wait for your actual enrollment to start, and finishing in one term should be no problem unless your degree requires an internship (you may wait 3+ months for them to find you an internship spot). Remember, even if you enroll in a one year Master's at UoPeople, you will probably be restricted to 2 courses per term so it will take more like 1.5 years to graduate. And there are no late assignments, retakes of tests, or anything like that allowed at UoPeople, you have to retake the entire course if you fail instead of just redoing a few assignments like at WGU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nykorn's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 113 16,869 04-25-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Gardner-Webb University: 10-12 month online MBA? PaperAssistant 7 338 04-18-2024, 10:33 PM
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 771 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 2,046 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,264 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 528 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,450 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 391 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,785 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 711 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger