Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1
Completed Leading Diverse Teams with a 98 and 100 on the written and video assignments, respectively. If it helps anyone else, I found this list article about Fortune 500 companies that links to the DEI/Inclusivity reports they have put out in the past couple years.

https://purposebrand.com/blog/diversity-...tune-2023/

I surfed around several different companies at different levels/sizes and picked a national brand that had a lot of really good data, presentations and information about their initiatives, how they're tracking them, and what awards/recognition they've received from objective organizations in order to build my analysis and recommendations. Having those DEI reports were a godsend and make the project WAY more manageable. Hope it helps. 

I've requested acceleration into what should be my last class in Spring I, ORGL 4343 Leading Change. Good luck, Lions!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • ltw900rr
(02-13-2024, 01:08 PM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: Completed Leading Diverse Teams with a 98 and 100 on the written and video assignments, respectively. If it helps anyone else, I found this list article about Fortune 500 companies that links to the DEI/Inclusivity reports they have put out in the past couple years.

https://purposebrand.com/blog/diversity-...tune-2023/

I surfed around several different companies at different levels/sizes and picked a national brand that had a lot of really good data, presentations and information about their initiatives, how they're tracking them, and what awards/recognition they've received from objective organizations in order to build my analysis and recommendations. Having those DEI reports were a godsend and make the project WAY more manageable. Hope it helps. 

I've requested acceleration into what should be my last class in Spring I, ORGL 4343 Leading Change. Good luck, Lions!

I just finished Leading Change. It was no problem. As soon as your done with that class, you will be caught up to where I am.

I have Capstone 1 and 2 scheduled for Spring 2, everything else is done, and those will be my last 2 classes.

Congrats on getting to this point!
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
It looks like I'll finish Spring 1 with 4 completed classes:
PSCI 2306 - Texas Government
SHCB 300 - Intro to Safety Studies
SHCB 301 - Technical Wrtg & Comm in Safety & Health
SHCB 310 - Legal Aspec of Safety & Health

I'm hoping to complete 5 courses in Spring 2 and my final 3 in Summer 1.
Overall my first term was a positive experince. The classes are fairly straight forward and seem to be pretty quick, assuming you are familiar with the material.
[-] The following 3 users Like funknola's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, ltw900rr, ReyMysterioso
(02-18-2024, 01:01 AM)funknola Wrote: It looks like I'll finish Spring 1 with 4 completed classes:

Overall my first term was a positive experince. The classes are fairly straight forward and seem to be pretty quick, assuming you are familiar with the material.

I am also looking into the same degree. I wanted to ask if the tests in any classes are proctored. Asking because I want to compare this school with UMPI. Thank you.
(02-18-2024, 01:01 AM)funknola Wrote: It looks like I'll finish Spring 1 with 4 completed classes:

Good job!! I finished 4 also this semester. My 1st semester was 3 (TX hist was frustrating) and last semester was 5.

If you have some time, write a review of the classes and your opinions of them so you can help future students if the Safety and Health program is a good fit for them. I started a thread for the Org Leadership classes I have completed so far, I hope it can help a future student make a decision.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • ReyMysterioso
Completed Capstone I. The first two papers were relatively short very doable. The culminating project was 10 pages not counting the abstract, summary and bibliography, requires you to interview organizational leaders, cite things you can apply from other ORGL classes you took and somehow merge that all together coherently to case study one of two given companies. Nailed 100 on my first submission!
Now I have American Government slowing me down. I'm going to see if I can complete a CLEP in less time than it takes the instructor to grade my exams. It's a race.
  • ltw900rr
@ReyMysterioso, great work. Hmm, wouldn't it be better to wait for the grade and while waiting work on whatever else you've got remaining? Unless of course, you've just got the Capstone II as your last class and they won't allow you to take it before completing US Gov.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2024, 07:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @ReyMysterioso, great work.  Hmm, wouldn't it be better to wait for the grade and while waiting work on whatever else you've got remaining? Unless of course, you've just got the Capstone II as your last class and they won't allow you to take it before completing US Gov.

Correct. They won't put me in Cap II unless I complete or withdraw Am. Gov
(03-27-2024, 03:54 PM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: Completed Capstone I. The first two papers were relatively short very doable. The culminating project was 10 pages not counting the abstract, summary and bibliography, requires you to interview organizational leaders, cite things you can apply from other ORGL classes you took and somehow merge that all together coherently to case study one of two given companies. Nailed 100 on my first submission!
Now I have American Government slowing me down. I'm going to see if I can complete a CLEP in less time than it takes the instructor to grade my exams. It's a race.

Congrats on completing Capstone 1. I plan to work on the final paper over Easter. I hope I get a 100 on the first attempt also!

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
Welp. There's been a development. I asked about the possibility of taking the Am. Gov. CLEP and withdrawing from US Government to speed this process up (and protect my perfect 4.0!) My advisor said "I would not recommend doing that. If you withdraw from a class, you lose your acceleration privileges." So I have no choice but to blow through this paper today and hope it and Post-Test 3 get graded sometime next week.
  • Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 9 123 5 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 463 6 hours ago
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,502 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,257 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,646 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 519 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,432 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,285 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 619 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,610 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM