Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TAMUC class review
TAMUC Course: ORGL 3332 Organizational Behavior
Instructor: Mrs. L.
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos are posted for the course also.
Exam format: 1 pre test for the entire course and 1 optional essay and optional post test per section. There are 5 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers on tests. 
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the optional post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course. I did find a couple of questions that were not in the material. Found some helpful information on Quizlet
Final exam or project: 1 final post test, multiple choice test, the optional post tests on each LO help with this final exam. 1 final project. Review 4 case studies, answering questions from the studies. Write a 3-4 page paper following the included outline APA with references.
Time taken on course: About 35 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 70% before. Similar layout to previous courses.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: LO 1-5 and optional posts tests go quick, it just takes some time to read the material. The project was not difficult, just follow the instructions and the grading rubric. 
1-10 Difficulty level: 3, Very similar to previous classes. Only 2 grades for the course, the 1 post test and the final project.

TAMUC Course: ORGL 4341 Leadership Theory
Instructor: Dr. B.
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos are posted for the course also.
Exam format: 1 pre test for each LO, 1 optional discussion per LO, 1 Post test per LO . There are 6 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers on tests with 2 written responses per post test LO. 
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information can be found in the linked reading from the course. I did find a couple of questions that were not in the material. 
Final exam or project: 1 final project. SWOT analysis of a leader or CEO of a company. Follow the outline from the example. Answer questions that are included on the example SWOT form include APA with references.
Time taken on course: About 40 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 60% before. Similar layout to previous courses.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: LO 1-6 and optional posts tests go quick, it just takes some time to read the material. The project was difficult for me, it took me time to find research information that fit all the categories on the SWOT. 
1-10 Difficulty level: 4.5, Very similar to previous classes. The SWOT took me longer than I wanted, and that is what made this course difficult for me.
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • fromthedepths
TAMUC Course: ORGL 4342 Leading Diverse and Inclusive Teams
Instructor: J. Douglas
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos are posted for the course also.
Exam format: 1 pre test for each LO, 1 Post test per LO . There are 6 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers on tests.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information can be found in the linked reading from the course. Practice tests help out!
Final exam or project: 2 part final project. power point presentation for part 1 about DEI for a company. Easier than writing a paper. Part 2 is a 5-7 min video of you answering a few questions about course topics.
Time taken on course: About 30 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 60% before. Similar layout to previous courses.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: LO 1-6 go quick, it just takes some time to read the material. The project was easy for me, it did not take as long creating a power point as it does to write a paper. The video was easy also.
1-10 Difficulty level: 3, Very similar to previous classes. The practice tests help out, take them before the post test.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
TAMUC Course: ORGL 4343 Leading Change
Instructor: K. Lacoste
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos are posted for the course also. Lots of reading.
Exam format: 1 pre test for course 1 Post test for course.  Multiple choice answers on test with 6 written answers from reading. Timed test, but plenty of time given.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information can be found in the linked reading from the course. Found a Quizlet that was helpful to study for the multiple choice portion.
Final exam or project: 1 final project. Change order with outline, not difficult to complete if you can focus on a problem at work.
Time taken on course: About 24 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 40% before. 
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: Lots of time to read the material, links to books. The project was easy for me, it did not take long I wrote about a problem we recently had at work. This instructor graded in less than 24 hours.
1-10 Difficulty level: 3, Very similar to previous classes.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
TAMUC Course: ORGL 2325 U.S. Government
Instructor: Jeff Casper
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos. Similar to Texas Government.
Exam format: 3 ungraded pre test for course 3 Post test for course. Timed. VERY heavy on essay questions.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information can be found in the linked reading from the course. All the essay questions are providedon the pretest so you can research and write your answer out in notes then copy into the post test. Some Multiple choice questions aren't easy. A few are.
Final exam or project: 1 final project. 1200 word research paper on a supreme court case chosen from a list of options. Introduction and conclusion are not included in the word count. "Your project is to analyze your case and identify correlations between its content and how it applies to any topic(s) we’ve covered in the course (the LO’s). Consider how the court case and its ruling changed, redefined, or challenged the topics or concepts we have covered."

Time taken on course: TBD
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew a LOT about the subject before taking the course.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: If you're already very familiar with American government and landmark cases like Sullivan v. NYT, Plessy v. Ferguson, and Brown v. Board, it should be no problem. If you're not, it's a very big scope of subject matter to learn. I think Study.com or Modern States CLEP would be an easier go for people with no knowledge of American Government. The PostTests don't unlock until your instructor grades the pretest. He only grades the pretest sequentially, slowing down those who want to accelerate. It is not likely to finish this course in less than 2 weeks as a result. You probably want to just transfer this one in rather than bottleneck your acceleration since there are so many sources. I'm likely going to take the CLEP and withdraw to accelerate.
1-10 Difficulty level: 7, Very similar to TX Government
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • ltw900rr
TAMUC Course: ORGL 342.1CW 27161– Leading Innovation
Instructor: Paige Bussell
Course content: linked articles, youtube videos, powerpoint slides, etc.
Exam format:1 pre-test, 1 post-test, and 1 final project
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The pre-test matched up well with the post-test questions. 
Final exam or project: One final project that requires you to create a business plan. Plenty of examples are available in the course content or online.
Time taken on course: can be done in 2-3 days.
Familiarity with the subject before the course: I was familiar with content from various business classes from Sophia.  
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: even though this was an elective course, outside of my degree concentration, it was straightforward and shouldn’t be a problem for anyone who has had previous business classes. 
1-10 Difficulty level: 3
[-] The following 1 user Likes funknola's post:
  • ltw900rr
TAMUC Course: ORGL 4352 Capstone 1
Instructor: Dr. Vaughn
Course content: Nothing new to read, only the 4 assignments are posted.
Course format: 1 introduction video, 2 papers 3-4 pages each based on previous coursework about leadership
Final exam or project: 1 final project. 10-12 page paper about leadership based on previous text from previous course, You also have to interview 2 leaders and use the interview questions along with information about leadership issues from an included article.
Time taken on course: About 40 hours of time total. Writing papers is a struggle for me. Your time may vary.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 90% before, because it was covered in previous classes.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: I have difficulty writing papers, The class took me some time to finish because I am not a strong writer when it comes to formal essays. I also took time to complete the 2 interviews with professionals that I know. This instructor graded in less than 24 hours.
1-10 Difficulty level: 5, Only reason for this score is because of the writing. If you are a strong writer, this may be an easy class for you.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
TAMUC Course: ORGL 4361 Capstone 2
Instructor: Mrs. B.
Course content: Nothing new to read, only the 3 assignments are posted.
Course format: 1 paper 10-12 pages based on a company and 4 ways to improve the company (SWOT), 2nd assignment is a video you create reviewing the classes in the course and answering a few questions. 3rd assignment is to create a cover letter, resume, and reference page, then answer a few questions prompts using a video program to record.
Final exam or project: none, just the course work above.
Time taken on course: About 20 hours of time total. Writing papers is a struggle for me. Your time may vary.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 90% before, because it was covered in previous classes.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: I have difficulty writing papers, The class took me some time to finish because I am not a strong writer when it comes to formal essays. Assignment 2 and 3 were very easy compared to the 10-12 page paper. This instructor graded in less than 24 hours.
1-10 Difficulty level: 3, Only reason for this score is because of the writing. If you are a strong writer, this may be an easy class for you.

I hope these reviews helped someone, this is my last class for TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership!

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 449 31 minutes ago
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 8 100 Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,874 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,251 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,561 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,641 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 519 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,430 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,283 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 618 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77