Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go!
Hey everyone,

Today I got my transcripts from Texas A&M Commerce (TAMUC) evaluated and they accepted all of my 84 credits towards their Organizational Leadership program, leaving me with only 15 classes to complete it. I started my journey with my eye set on WGU's Business Administration degree, I just wanted a cheap fast degree because my goal is to get an MBA or a Masters for career advancement (but for that I need a Bachelor's first, haha).

From this forum I discovered UMPI and TAMUC. Since my goal was to get the lowest price I applied to UMPI and TAMUC. UMPI didn't accept a lot of the classes I had taken towards my degree journey at WGU, but TAMUC ended up accepting everything! Transcripts attached.

My goal is to finish within 2 terms, 7 weeks per term and $750 in-state tuition price for me per term, which would make the total $1,500. I started my journey last October without any credits to my name, and have been working through Sophia and Study.com

Thanks to this forum I discovered TAMUC and am so excited. I start classes 3/28/2022 in their Spring 2 semester, I am currently working through my online orientation, I live about 3.5 hours from campus.

Transcripts wise:
-There were a few classes I could've taken at Sophia still but for me to get started in this Spring 2 Semester I needed to have my transcripts finalized so since I am starting in just over a week there won't be time, not for me to complete the class but their transcript evaluation is lengthy.
-It took over 3 weeks for me to get my transcripts evaluated so be aware if you apply the process will require follow up and phone calls from your end.
-I will end up taking 1 history class and 2 Government classes which I do not mind at all as those are subjects I enjoy

Here is the spreadsheet for the classes I still need to work through the program. 

I am so thankful for this forum!!!

cannot wait to research next steps towards a Masters/MBA after this

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 7.47.37 PM.png (Size: 125.93 KB / Downloads: 141)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 7.48.42 PM.png (Size: 172.32 KB / Downloads: 128)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 7.48.50 PM.png (Size: 253.13 KB / Downloads: 111)
.png   Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 7.48.57 PM.png (Size: 188.37 KB / Downloads: 101)
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 7 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • CircleT7, Flelm, jch, LevelUP, ltw900rr, rachel83az, Tedium
That’s so awesome! Thank you so much for posting this!

Looks like they are pretty flexible with what meets core requirements. They take Sophia and SDC, but I wonder how they feel about InstantCert? I bet since took everything from you they would since it’s ACE.

A few notes for those of us following in @mohelena02’s footsteps at home:

-If you transfer in a Bachelor’s, you just need to complete the 30 credits of the applied major to graduate. That’s what I hope to do.

-The school REQUIRES a Texas Government course for all graduates, so you need that if you haven’t taken it already. @raycathode has a Bachelor’s already and was asking about that requirement. They told them they will still need to take Texas Government on top of the 30 applied major courses. That means a minimum of 33 credits for non-Texas peeps.

-They take what looks to be good all CLEP, UExcels, and DSSTs. AP and IB as well! Info here: https://www.tamuc.edu/testing-center/cre...tion-29750

I’m so excited that you’re starting so soon! Good luck and keep us all posted!
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • Vle045
So excited for you!
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Congrats! That spreadsheet looks awesome, you can see the finish line and it's pretty close! Good luck, have fun, and go get them credits!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Can you make a list of what you transferred in from SDC/Sophia? I'd like to make a degree plan for future students who might be interested in the same degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-16-2022, 04:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Can you make a list of what you transferred in from SDC/Sophia? I'd like to make a degree plan for future students who might be interested in the same degree.

Of course, in the 'Completed Courses' tab of this spreadsheet are all of the Study and Sophia classes I transferred in. The study classes I took were the ones aligned with and on path with WGU's Business Administration degree.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • Flelm, Vle045
Oh, I missed that tab! Thank you!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
TAMUC doesn't use the easiest-to-read degree plan, but I think I got the bulk of it? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • LevelUP, mohelena02, Tedium
(03-16-2022, 09:17 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TAMUC doesn't use the easiest-to-read degree plan, but I think I got the bulk of it? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!! So glad that will be able to help people, thank you for putting that together it's exceptional!!!
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • rachel83az, Tedium
(03-16-2022, 09:17 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TAMUC doesn't use the easiest-to-read degree plan, but I think I got the bulk of it? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

I would definitely add in the CLEPs. 8 credits for scoring 56 on Biology, 12 credits for scoring a 63 in Spanish, 4 for Calculus score of 50, etc. CLEPs would knock out all of the science and math requirements, and American Government.

https://www.tamuc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/CLEP-rev.-Fall-2021.pdf
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 9 140 Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 471 Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,511 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,882 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,268 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,654 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 520 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,436 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 620 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,612 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM