Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1
(01-19-2024, 02:06 AM)funknola Wrote: I started my first TAMUC term this week. I am taking TX Govt and Intro to Safety Studies (pursing a BAAS in Safety and Health).

The TX Govt post test essay questions were definitely suprising. It seems excessive for the testing format.

Congrats on starting your 1st semester at TAMUC!
You will have to keep us up to date on how the Safety and Health program goes and how you like the classes.
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
Completed Organizational Communication with an A. Should knock out Organizational Ethics on Monday or Tuesday
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, ltw900rr
So far I've knocked out Org. Communication with an A, Org. Ethics with ....maybe a B+ depending on how average comes out with the 82 on the final project. And I pulled off Data-Driven Decision Making in TWO DAYS with an 98 on the quizzes and 96 on the culminating project. How I did that I'll never know because I knew virtually nothing about spreadsheets but now know how to turn raw data into pivot charts and export graphs and pie charts etc.

Most of this stuff is a boring rehash of stuff I've already learned in business and communications classes. I actually got really excited that DDDM taught me practical data-analytics hard skills that are going to end up being very useful in the future.

Trying to enroll in American Government. I'd previously taken it through Shmoop but it will absolutely not transfer in since they're defunct and ACE went to badges, rendering all my Shmoopery useless, so TAMUC says I have to have it. Might as well get it locked down as RA credit.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, ltw900rr
I was able to complete American government, US Hist 1 and 2 though Sophia and transfer to TAMUC.
Post up a review of the American Government class at TAMUC once you complete it.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
They did not put me in American Government. They scheduled me into Organizational Behavior which I passed with 100 on the Exam and 100 on the written assignment. (I've only ever made one 100 on one other paper in my entire academic career. I was chuffed!) Now I'm tackling Leadership Theory. For whatever reason she doesn't want to put me in Government until the Spring II semester. My plan is to try and conquer everything in the major except the capstone in Spring I, then just re-evaluate what I want to do with these credits.

I have to decide whether I want to finish Gov and the Capstone, and earn a degree here or whether to transfer later on to Arizona State U and pursue a degree through the Uber free tuition benefit. My thinking is that ASU would be a better school on my resume. In theory I could do both. Get a TAMUC degree and ASU one later - but does anyone think there's a downside to doing that?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • ltw900rr
(02-07-2024, 01:52 PM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: They did not put me in American Government. They scheduled me into Organizational Behavior which I passed with 100 on the Exam and 100 on the written assignment. (I've only ever made one 100 on one other paper in my entire academic career. I was chuffed!) Now I'm tackling Leadership Theory. For whatever reason she doesn't want to put me in Government until the Spring II semester. My plan is to try and conquer everything in the major except the capstone in Spring I, then just re-evaluate what I want to do with these credits.

I have to decide whether I want to finish Gov and the Capstone, and earn a degree here or whether to transfer later on to Arizona State U and pursue a degree through the Uber free tuition benefit. My thinking is that ASU would be a better school on my resume. In theory I could do both. Get a TAMUC degree and ASU one later - but does anyone think there's a downside to doing that?

Good job on knocking out some classes. I have run into some slow grading problems in my current class and last class. It is frustrating to finish the final project and then wait days to get a grade, or like my last class get a 79.6, make corrections then have to resubmit.

I am trying to get the current class I'm in finished, so I can finish one more class during Spring 1 before finishing the 2 capstones during spring 2.

If you don't have a lot of classes left to finish, I would just try to finish at TAMUC. I don't think an employer would see any difference between a degree from ASU and TAMUC.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
Leadership Theory knocked out. Had some issues with an overzealous instructor lecturing me about plagiarism because I accidentally deleted a parenthetical citation when working on the bio section. Provided me with an example of how they thought it should be summarize, so I used a version of it and they jumped on me for plagiarizing them. I mean....you regurgitated something I already regurgitated... that does not make you a source. So I regurgitated it further and they finally were willing to grade it. Got an A. Onto the next...

Then when I forwarded the completion email to my advisor, I got an automatic bounce back stating that she is no longer with the university. So far I have outlasted two advisors. Weird.
(02-09-2024, 09:13 AM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: Leadership Theory knocked out. Had some issues with an overzealous instructor lecturing me about plagiarism because I accidentally deleted a parenthetical citation when working on the bio section. Provided me with an example of how they thought it should be summarize, so I used a version of it and they jumped on me for plagiarizing them. I mean....you regurgitated something I already regurgitated... that does not make you a source. So I regurgitated it further and they finally were willing to grade it. Got an A. Onto the next...

Then when I forwarded the completion email to my advisor, I got an automatic bounce back stating that she is no longer with the university. So far I have outlasted two advisors. Weird.

Send your email CIDADVISING@tamuc.edu

If you had B Harrison as an advisor, she is no longer with the college.

I also had problems with grading in leadership theory, she gave me a 79.6 on the final project. I made changes that she did not agree with apparently, and she finally bumped my grade up to a low B for the assignment. It is the 2nd time for me to have that instructor, and I have experienced the same issues related to grading for both classes.

I am stuck in a class with no response from the instructor, submitted the final 2 assignments, no response, emailed the instructor, no response. This is the 3rd class where I have not been happy with the instructor and their grading issues or length of time required to grade or communicate.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
(02-09-2024, 10:23 AM)ltw900rr Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 09:13 AM)ReyMysterioso Wrote: Leadership Theory knocked out. Had some issues with an overzealous instructor lecturing me about plagiarism because I accidentally deleted a parenthetical citation when working on the bio section. Provided me with an example of how they thought it should be summarize, so I used a version of it and they jumped on me for plagiarizing them. I mean....you regurgitated something I already regurgitated... that does not make you a source. So I regurgitated it further and they finally were willing to grade it. Got an A. Onto the next...

Send your email CIDADVISING@tamuc.edu

If you had B Harrison as an advisor, she is no longer with the college.

I also had problems with grading in leadership theory, she gave me a 79.6 on the final project. I made changes that she did not agree with apparently, and she finally bumped my grade up to a low B for the assignment. It is the 2nd time for me to have that instructor, and I have experienced the same issues related to grading for both classes.

I am stuck in a class with no response from the instructor, submitted the final 2 assignments, no response, emailed the instructor, no response. This is the 3rd class where I have not been happy with the instructor and their grading issues or length of time required to grade or communicate.

Except for that one hiccup that also most likely would've gone smoothly if not for my citation goof, everyone has been super responsive and really on top of grading quickly. Even with the hangup Leadership was graded next day. I guess I've just gotten really lucky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • ltw900rr
I emailed one of the other advisors at TAMUC about the no response from the instructor in my current class. She got the class info from me and sent everything to the assistant dean. I just want my submissions graded, so I can accelerate to another course.

In other news, my wife just started her 4th class this semester.

@ReyMysterioso what course number and section did they put you in now?

Update: finally received grades from the instructor and completion email just before 6 pm. I just sent that to cidadvising for course acceleration. I am curious if I will be enrolled into another course before I go back to work on Monday.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 9 149 Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 479 Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,514 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,283 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,657 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 524 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,440 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,290 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 622 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,614 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM