Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TAMUC class review
Hello all,

I plan to use this thread to give a review of the courses that I take at TAMUC for BAAS ORG. I hope that this information can help new students who are curious about the courses offered at TAMUC. If you would like to add a review, please do so. I plan to add to this each semester.

Refer to the wiki for TAMUC Organizational Leadership click here for wiki

Course: MMJ 1307 Mass Communication in Society (040 requirement)
Instructor: G Smith
Course content: The textbook is the primary source of information. videos, and other links are posted, but the main focus is on the book.
Exam format: 5 pre tests and 5 post tests. Multiple choice answers. Tests are not timed
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the textbook.
Final exam or project: Media research project. 2 page paper using peer reviewed journals.
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 5 days after work, and 2 days of the weekend.
Familiarity with subject before course: Very similar to Sophia Visual Communications. I felt like I knew most of this information before taking the class.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: straightforward course no surprises.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 4

Course: PSCI 2306 Texas Government and Politics
Instructor: Dr. K 

Course content: There is NO textbook. Videos, links to articles and open resource information are posted, there is a lot of information from many sources.It takes a lot of time to read all the information and watch all the videos.
Exam format: 3 pre tests and 3 post tests. Multiple choice answers, paragraph answers and essay answers. Tests are timed
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the information posted, but it is a lot to dig through.
Final exam or project: Course Project Analysis. 1200-1500 word paper covering one of the topics of Texas Government and Politics
Time taken on course: Way too much. I may have spent 4 weeks on this course. A week for me is 5 days after work and free time on Saturday and Sunday.
Familiarity with subject before course: I probably knew 40-50% of the material before taking the class.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: Just get through the 1st post test. it is all downhill after that. Save the pre tests so you have the paragraph and essay questions for the post tests.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 9-10 just for the level of frustration. If there was a textbook it would be so much better.

Course: CID 338 Talent Leadership in Human Resources
Instructor: C Rhodes

Course content: The textbook is the primary source of information. videos, and other links are posted, but the main focus is on the book.
Exam format: 1 pre test and 3 quizzes. Multiple choice answers. 
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: Most of the information from the pre and post tests can be found in the textbook.
Final exam or project: 1 final post test. 
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 5 days after work, and 2 days of the weekend.
Familiarity with subject before course: I knew some of the information from working. The book was very informative.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: straightforward course no surprises.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 3
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
[-] The following 4 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • agsfisher, fromthedepths, origamishuttle, staceydiane
Amazing!! Thank you for sharing all of this. I completed the TAMUC program and fully understand the frustration with TX Goverment. It is a subject I enjoy and it had me pulling out my hair the way that class was formatted. Best of luck on finishing the program!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 4 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • ltw900rr, origamishuttle, rachel83az, staceydiane
Super helpful. Thanks for this! I am currently banging out core and such on Sophia with hopes to start TAMUC in the spring.
[-] The following 2 users Like ATM925's post:
  • agsfisher, ltw900rr
Thanks for the reviews, wow, didn't know that Texas Government course would be that high up there for difficulty. I guess for those who want to do the TAMUC should take it at a community college for the credit and then complete the remaining credits at TAMUC, practically transfer in about 84 or so credits and finish the 33-36 credits at TAMUC to finish.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle, staceydiane
Do you mind sharing what the textbook Is for the CID 338 Talent Leadership in Human Resources class?
There isn't a textbook, but course modules that contain links to public domain textbooks all of the content you need for the quizzes.
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

(10-23-2023, 01:00 PM)fromthedepths Wrote: There isn't a textbook, but course modules that contain all of the content you need for the quizzes.

Gotcha. (The review specifically mentioned a textbook)
(10-23-2023, 12:54 PM)dy4242 Wrote: Do you mind sharing what the textbook Is for the CID 338 Talent Leadership in Human Resources class?

link to book

I am not sure if the link will work or not. To me it was a book, it is online and divided up by chapters. There are other reading assignments, but the book is the main source for the test material.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
TYVM for the link!
[-] The following 1 user Likes dy4242's post:
  • ltw900rr
Mass Communication in Society Textbook

link to textbook

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 9 140 Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 471 Yesterday, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,882 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,268 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,573 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,653 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 520 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,436 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,287 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 620 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77