Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested
(11-05-2023, 07:36 AM)fromthedepths Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 03:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's interesting, I wonder what credits they've decided to change.  We need updates to the WIKI to reflect whatever those changes are... Hmm, they should still take at least 84 or more credits, up to 90, towards the degree, it all depends if you have Texas Government and some other course completed at the Community College for transfer or not.
They haven't changed anything, BJ. I've kept the wiki updated with what is currently accepted. I'm not sure if the user is going through the CID advising staff as they are the ones responsible for ensuring the credits are properly transcribed.
What is the wiki and where can I find the list of Sophia classes that transfer to TAMUC
Bsnipedavis Wrote:What is the wiki and where can I find the list of Sophia classes that transfer to TAMUC

Welcome to the board! You may have missed the post right above yours (and more in this thread), I have a signature and the major WIKI links at there! You should create a new thread with the addendum and template information here, we can assist you further: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hi, I’m in this exact same situation right now. I have 75 credits that I’m transferring for my BGS. WGU is only counting about 30 of them if I go for their BSBA-BM and TAMUC will take them all if I enroll in their BGS. Did you ever enroll at TAMUC? How many 7 week terms did you need to complete your last 30 credits? Can you also give me details on how the proctored exams are set up? Thanks in advance.
(03-16-2022, 09:17 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TAMUC doesn't use the easiest-to-read degree plan, but I think I got the bulk of it? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

Do you have a wiki like this for TAMUC General studies degree?
(01-04-2024, 06:25 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Congratulations! Thank you for sharing a bit of your history and your path towards this degree. I also have this TAMUC degree and I am so thankful for it, I found out about it via this forum. Congratulations on your achievement!

There is a lot of talk about people 'not needing degrees' but I feel like that is so short sighted. I too evolved in my career without a degree for so long and eventually started to realize that to keep leveling up I needed that 'check in the box' requirement.

Do you Have insight on how the test are proctored?
How do they doctor the test?
(01-09-2024, 05:05 AM)Bsnipedavis Wrote: How do they doctor the test?

They do not proctor tests.
---
In Progress:
Purdue Global - Masters in Cybersecurity Management

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

[-] The following 1 user Likes fromthedepths's post:
  • ltw900rr
And they don't 'doctor' any tests either if you were wondering... BTW, there really isn't a need to ask that question multiple times, you can and should wait for an answer...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have not had a proctored test while taking classes in this program. Some of them are timed, but no proctoring.
In progress: Just Finished:

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
(01-09-2024, 04:09 AM)Bsnipedavis Wrote: Hi, I’m in this exact same situation right now. I have 75 credits that I’m transferring for my BGS. WGU is only counting about 30 of them if I go for their BSBA-BM and TAMUC will take them all if I enroll in their BGS. Did you ever enroll at TAMUC? How many 7 week terms did you need to complete your last 30 credits? Can you also give me details on how the proctored exams are set up? Thanks in advance.

My wife is in BGS at TAMUC. Che was able to complete 4 classes during Fall 2 semester. Her plan is to complete 4 classes each 7 week semester.

Neither of us have taken a proctored test at TAMUC.
In progress: Just Finished:

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 449 55 minutes ago
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 8 100 Yesterday, 04:03 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,500 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,875 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,251 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 519 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,430 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,283 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 618 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,608 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM