Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com for World History TECEP
Has anyone used the study.com Study Prep class for the World History TECEP. I completed it and did a little on Saylor, but found Saylor to be too disjointed and way too much to read. I passed the Saylor final exam (barely--72%) and I am re-taking the exams on study.com to review before taking the study.com final. If anyone else has used study.com to prepare for the TECEP, did you pass? Has anyone taken the World History TECEP and passed? Thanks!
bannerfield Wrote:Has anyone used the study.com Study Prep class for the World History TECEP. I completed it and did a little on Saylor, but found Saylor to be too disjointed and way too much to read. I passed the Saylor final exam (barely--72%) and I am re-taking the exams on study.com to review before taking the study.com final. If anyone else has used study.com to prepare for the TECEP, did you pass? Has anyone taken the World History TECEP and passed? Thanks!

Maybe I'm missing something but if you are planning on taking the Final for Study.Com why not just take the Final for Credit and be done with it?
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but if you are planning on taking the Final for Study.Com why not just take the Final for Credit and be done with it?

There is no World History Study.com course that is credit-bearing.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:There is no World History Study.com course that is credit-bearing.

Thanks, I knew I was missing something.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Sorry about reviving an old thread, but I just did this TECEP exam a while ago and passed it. Smile

I used both the Saylor and the Study world history courses. The Saylor course is very disjointed with 800 page books to read that will likely not appear on the TECEP exam. I felt the Mughal empire unit was still very relevant. The French Revolution unit also felt helpful for me. I felt the Saylor final exam to be a good measure of the TECEP. Some of the questions were similar and regarding the difficulty level, the TECEP was a bit easier.

Study is a fabulous study guide for this exam. So, so worth it. It helped with knowledge gaps and it felt very well organized. The final unit of modern society is not covered on the Saylor exam but several questions appear on the TECEP.

If pressed for time, I think grinding the study course and then direct to the saylor exam in 2 or 3 days should be enough to pass this exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,594 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 434 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 270 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 752 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 228 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 709 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 377 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 657 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 501 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 744 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader