Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european?
Question 
Hello, I look for universities that are cheap or free online and I can study on my own pace, I am from Spain, a European Union country so wgu.edu is not a option, I can find a lot of the features I look for in several european universities, etc, BUT I cant find universities where I can get a bachellor in a single year, do you know any?, please dont tell me the university of the people, the quality is not the best.

I can speak English and Spanish, not other languages.

Thanks
University of Maine at Presque Isle, UMPI is a good choice for CBE for international students.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes Darknigh7's post:
  • justmemyself
(03-23-2024, 10:20 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: University of Maine at Presque Isle, UMPI is a good choice for CBE for international students.

Thanks so much for your reply, I did notice already that UMPI was there, but this is crazy expensive

Do you know something in Europe?

Thanks again!
Source:

https://www.umpi.edu/offices/student-fin...on-a-fees/
(03-23-2024, 10:37 PM)justmemyself Wrote:
(03-23-2024, 10:20 PM)Darknigh7 Wrote: University of Maine at Presque Isle, UMPI is a good choice for CBE for international students.

Thanks so much for your reply, I did notice already that UMPI was there, but this is crazy expensive

Do you know something in Europe?

Thanks again!
Source:

https://www.umpi.edu/offices/student-fin...on-a-fees/

You're looking at the wrong page - that is the page for UMPI on campus. 

The online CBE option discussed on this forum is UMPI YourPace - see the links below for more details:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Un...esque_Isle
https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/

I would also suggest filling out the template and addendum so folks can better assist your inquiry. Your question is probably too broad to provide any useful advice without knowing more info: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • justmemyself
Hi there
To answer your questions, that you get the bachelor in a year means you do the study of 4 years under a quicker pace. This is stressing and challenging. Be aware that you still have to the 120 American credits or 240 European credits. Also there is administrative time, process, expedition of degree etc. Which can result in more than 12 months.
If you check the forum and all the sections you will find the names of the most common universities and why they are so. Basically all the information you need is there. It includes a lot of questions you will get along the process of knowing each university, how does it work and what you can study where...
Be aware that the studies of Liberal Studies have a difficult and sometimes impossible translation to the European system. The more similar are what in Spanish is known as "Humanidades" but only when you select such subjects in the liberal arts... which can be difficult sometimes with alternative credits.
The best option to get the most adequate recommendations to your needs is that you fulfill the template.
I am going to tell you in advance that free universities from a Spanish perspective do not exist. There can be some courses very cheap like in Finland or even in Germany (if you go in person), bu you still will have to pay some semester fees, course fees or inscriptions and translations of certifications, courses or degrees and equivalencies (WES or any other NACES member Usually). Once you get your degree you will have to get the degree legalized or follow the Hague convention (convenio de la Haya) and then Validate/recognize it in any other country you want to use it. In Spain this process can take up two years to get the official recognition and cost 200 and something euros. If you want to get a master you can go directly to the university with your degree (no need to go to the Ministry of education /"Ministerio de Educación") in most (but not all) cases.
The better is to fulfill the template and specially your age (since is relevant to some universities and can limit where you can go) and what you want to study. Also do not forget to say if you did your high school in USA or have some kind of English degree (TOEFL or similar).

By English degree I mean English language certification. This is because most universities are going to ask you this or that you do some subjects in english before you can apply.
What kind of degree are you even wanting?

Please fill out the template and addendum as linked in post #4 or else we won't be able to offer specific useful advice.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@justmemyself, Welcome to the board, I would recommend providing more details asked for on the addendum and template provided to you earlier via link. With a bigger picture of your scenario, we'll be better equipped to answer your questions and see what may be your best pathway to your educational goal. It's good asking and seeking info, but by not providing info, you're prohibiting us from helping you further...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 28 5,930 Yesterday, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 830 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 297 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,446 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 352 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  How to Study Deetzin 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 781 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,814 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 421 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,227 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045