Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback?
So I'm looking at TECEP Advertising in the Specific Feedback section, last post was from a few years ago. Just curious if anyone has taken this within the past month, year, two years, anything more recent. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I plan on taking this test next week with about a week worth of studying. I have the recommended textbook by Terence A. Shrimp (8th Edition).
Anyways, whatever feedback you all might have is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University
Seanmathews,

I took the Advertising TECEP 2 weeks ago and it was relatively easy. I always bring my notes and quiz sheets in the car when testing and try to capture any questions that were unfamiliar immediately following the test. I have nothing written down as the book covered it all. I used the 7th edition and spent about 12 hours total. The companion website was extremely helpful. It includes free Power Points and quizzes for each chapter and are pretty quick to move through. The quiz questions are very close to the TECEP. I checked and this information is available for the 8th edition.

Cengage.com
Select "Student" type in ISBN, Free materials, Access Now

Good Luck!
Thank you so much for your feedback, I had little hope left for recent feedback on this one.
Thank you also for confirming how related to the textbook this test is, i was feeling like i wasn't getting the right info from the book.

I checked out the 7th edition companion website and I like it a lot more than the 8th, the only useful thing for the 8th is "Key Terms and Quiz", where as the 7th edition provides you with Key Terms, Power Point, and quizzes. This will definitely help my studying!
BSBA General Management @ TESC 03/2014
AAS Environmental Safety & Security Technologies @ TESC 03/2014
AS Public Fire Service Option @ CC 12/2012

CLEP
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
College Algebra
US History I
Natural Sciences
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
College Composition

DSST
Principles of Supervision
Organizational Behavior
Human Resource Management
Business Ethics and Society
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Computing
Management Information Systems
Principles of Financial Accounting
Money and Banking
Principles of Finance
Business Law II

FEMA
21 Completed

TECEP
Strategic Management
Advertising
Sales Management

SL
Business Communications
Business Law
Accounting II

Aleks
Intro to Stats (24 hours!)

In Progress
M.B.A Management Cal Coast University
Sorry if I revive yet another old thread. I just did this TECEP and passed it.

I had previously taken the Onlinedegree Marketing course. There was next to zero overlap with this course. At the most, maybe 1 question about SWOT. I saw a bit of overlap about price elasticity from Sophia's Microeconomics course.

The Study course is very useful, but it only covers around 50% of the topics I saw in the exam. Lots of questions about the Macron marketing mix. Saw some questions about Cost per click. Maybe 1 question about the CTR formula.

There were questions about ROAS and VTCs. I don't recall seeing either of these two topics covered in the Study course. Yellow page advertising and the Nielsen radio report.

I couldn’t study from the suggested books because they were so expensive. But I have started reading a Marketing book that might prove useful for the Marketing Communications exam. I wish to tackle that one next by taking advantage there is knowledge overlap between both exams.
Thanks for a detailed review of the Advertising TECEP, looking forward to your Marketing Communications review and further ones if any... Just a reminder for those who don't know already, there are some TECEP Quizlets made by many members or non-members, as long as you sign up for the free service, you'll have these in addition to other sources. It's great for memory retention as I have issues with that...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I tried the quizlet for the History TECEP and curiously, none of the questions on the quizlet appeared in my exam.

I believe I didn’t do the advertising quizlet (I could give it a look and see if the question topics are similar). I did the Marketing Communications one but felt disillusioned there wasn't much topic overlap in the exam.

Edit: I also remember there was a question about the steps of receiving a message. The Sophia Workplace Communication course had content overlap with a few questions of this exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 658 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 501 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 594 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,116 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 764 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,245 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 959 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 677 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Australia, Canada, New Zealand - Updates bjcheung77 0 502 12-05-2021, 01:56 AM
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 1,927 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08