Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP Environmental Ethics
I need to take this TECEP Environmental Ethics to fill a requirement. Can anyone offer any tips, study guides I can use? Is it enough to study the Saylor course? Is it necessary to read the textbooks? Is this a very difficult exam?
I know this is an old post - but I just took it (I think the Saylor course is/was also approved for TESU credit and many have said it's easier, but I wasn't 100% sure if that approval had expired so I just went with the option I knew would count). I relied primarily on the Saylor course (but skipped all the videos), then looked to wikipedia and other online resources to do a little more reading on everyone/everything listed in the TECEP study guide. I did buy one of the suggested textbooks and read the excerpts authored by anyone mentioned in the study guide.. I'm not sure I needed to in order to pass the exam, but I was genuinely jnterested in the material and felt it was important to read it as a primary source, not just someone else's analysis. The test was a pretty straightforward multiple choice exam with four essay questions, and I felt relatively well prepared. There were a couple of multiple choice questions that asked for info I just don't remember encountering in the Saylor course, but only one or two (and the topics were familiar, just not the specific details referred to by the questions). I will say it took longer than I thought it would to review the Saylor material, even with skipping all the video lectures... there's just a lot of text to wade through. And I was taking notes, since that helps with my recall on these types of tests.The only real challenge I faced was the 2 hour time limit felt a bit tight. I felt like I breezed through the multiple choice portion, but that still left four essays to cover in the time remaining. I felt pretty confident in my responses for the first three, but for the 4th I only left myself about 5 minutes to dash off a response - that was bad time management on my part, but, I felt I was writing by the seat of my pants for the whole thing! Still TBD how I actually did, but I'm fairly confident it will be a passing grade, probably in B territory (although anything passing is fine by me, since it only counts for credit and not a grade).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 497 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 744 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 591 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
  TECEP midnite123 7 763 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Unity Environmental University explores campus sale amid online pivot bjcheung77 1 558 08-04-2023, 08:33 PM
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,243 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 958 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 767 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Environmental Engineering/Safety? Bioengineering? BS GoodYellowDogs 8 1,329 06-12-2021, 11:59 PM
Last Post: GoodYellowDogs