Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Study
This is probably the fifth time that I am trying to go back to school to get my degree because reading these forums have convinced me that it might actually be possible. I am aiming to get my bachelors in either communications or psych. I have applied to TESU and WGU.

I am going to do my best to test out of as many courses as I can, but I was curious if you guys had any sort of study tips for me. I'm not great at testing so I'm not sure if this whole 'degree hacking' is even possible for me to do. The guy on youtube says he has some sort of magic study method to pass the exams, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out and share their study tools or point me in the right direction!! I am definitely not trying to pay that guy $1,000 on top of school.

Thanks in advance everyone!!
How do you currently study?
-
Joe
@Deetzin, Welcome to the board, great introduction post... Hmm, you're most likely referring to this individual on YouTube, we have a thread about him! You shouldn't pay him or his counterparts anything! Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-worth-1k

Basically, to get started, I would decide on a degree and institution of choice, there are so many recommendations and you'll be swayed in all directions with advice, you're the person ultimately deciding on which one is your choice. Tell us, would a BAS, BALS, BLS, BLSA work for you?

TESU, WGU are good options, I'd suggest Excelsior, UMPI and others such as TAMUC, depending on your ultimate goal. WGU is usually my recommendation for Masters unless it's a "one & done" institution where you get the Bachelors & Masters from... Again, it all depends on the student...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-11-2024, 10:27 PM)Deetzin Wrote: This is probably the fifth time that I am trying to go back to school to get my degree because reading these forums have convinced me that it might actually be possible. I am aiming to get my bachelors in either communications or psych. I have applied to TESU and WGU.

I am going to do my best to test out of as many courses as I can, but I was curious if you guys had any sort of study tips for me. I'm not great at testing so I'm not sure if this whole 'degree hacking' is even possible for me to do. The guy on youtube says he has some sort of magic study method to pass the exams, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to help me out and share their study tools or point me in the right direction!! I am definitely not trying to pay that guy $1,000 on top of school.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

I would avoid WGU if you have had previous problems with college since that college has our highest dropout rate.  With WGU, they don't take transfer credits for 5+ years, have all-or-nothing exams, and have no free electives for your previous courses.

If you do the recommended colleges of TESU or UMPI, you avoid all-or-nothing exams. Any Sophia exams you do are open-book and only require a 50% pass, which is pretty easy to achieve.

For tips on how to achieve straight A's in college, check out my thread
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...in-College

If you suffer from ADHD or procrastination, there are separate study tips for that.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 433 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 752 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 377 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,350 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,336 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Crash Course's Study Hall quigongene 4 952 01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study Together Validity + Benefits Stacie 0 426 07-26-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Stacie
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,079 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  Financial aid for on-line study in England? Pelican 7 942 06-15-2022, 07:49 PM
Last Post: sanantone