Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Competency based certifications for Electronics and Nuclear credits?
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/oplr/plr
I know that TESU awards credit for certifications in various fields. I am interested in the electronics and nuclear fields. I want to find certifications where it is competency based, where I just have to take the exam without taking a full course, or if I could complete a competency based or self paced course that I can earn the certification with. I want to take those that are guaranteed to be accepted by TESU. Do you know of such competency based certifications?
My understanding is that you can't really get Nuclear credits unless you were in the navy. There is also no certificate in Nuclear Technology, only Bachelor's degrees.

For Electronics, I think you pretty much have to take their courses. Or find a local CC that offers them more affordably.

You can try to PLR/PLA either electronics or nuclear credits, if you have some background in such, but that is not an exam. It'd be a portfolio that you assemble after taking Prior Learning Portfolio (PLA-1010).
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Would Tesu's radiology technician TECEP have any overlap with this field?
It's paired with this non-credit course, so maybe: https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/radiat...cer-course
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-14-2023, 05:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You can try to PLR/PLA either electronics or nuclear credits, if you have some background in such, but that is not an exam. It'd be a portfolio that you assemble after taking Prior Learning Portfolio (PLA-1010).

That's what I meant, is that I wanted to PLA the credits. I want to study these courses on my own and earn credit for them. However, I would have to show proof of my knowledge in order to get credit for it somehow. That's why I was thinking that I should look for some sort of certification in these fields that are done by exam, so that I could present this to them as proof.
Do you know about any such examinations in the fields of electronics or nuclear?
Ultimately, what are you trying to get credits for? Is it towards a cert, degree, or just to be added onto the transcript? Hmm, I think there may be some RA or NA institutions with online certs you can investigate, you can then PLA these certs for credit at TESU. It'll be better if from RA so you can do a direct transfer if these are not vocational in nature and more academic/theory based instead, so you skip the PLA altogether...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 747 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 226 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 392 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 350 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 516 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 535 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
  Emailing TESU about planning external credits into academic evaluation aperantosbias 9 649 12-29-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Quackerz
  Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term mariobros1985 7 836 11-22-2023, 09:38 PM
  TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options? shows55 2 461 11-12-2023, 11:40 AM
  RA Credits from a Community College? mulhearnmusic 2 341 09-16-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mulhearnmusic