Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less Than 15 Credits Left for TESU Flat Rate Term
Hi everyone,

I know that the title might sound confusing, but this is what I wanted to ask. I'm checking my degree plan on TESU's website and I might have less than 15 credits left in my degree for completion after the Metropolia UAS evaluation that TESU is doing right now. In case that I do have less than 15 credits left, is it still possible to do the 15 credit flat rate term to avoid TESU's residency waiver fee? Is it also possible to ask TESU if one or two of the slots in the free electives can be freed for one or two of their courses? I plan to use federal financial aid as well and I noticed that they mentioned that the courses that I take must align with my degree plan in order to be awarded financial aid and I'm concerned that I may receive less than what I want because of the lack of courses that may be left.

If anyone has any insight to my questions, please let me know so that I may know more about this. Thank you.
(Yes) You can always add another degree or certificate to your evaluation - just try to align the 'extra' courses to what you add. The degree that covers the most 'electives' would be adding a BALS to your current degree plan. Basically, to add a degree (or cert) that will take the course credits you're planning to take in the term. You can request to have the new degree ADDED to your official TESU evaluation by emailing advising.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • mariobros1985
And, TESU should bump the credits that you don't need from your degree plan once you take those courses. But allvia is correct, add a degree or certificate (try to find a cert you're close to getting), and then take your 15cr term, and apply for graduation for the degree that you actually want. They should apply the credits using their own first.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • mariobros1985
To answer your questions:

In case that I do have less than 15 credits left, is it still possible to do the 15 credit flat rate term to avoid TESU's residency waiver fee?
Yes, you just need to take 15 credits with TESU for residency purposes, any of their courses would do.

Is it also possible to ask TESU if one or two of the slots in the free electives can be freed for one or two of their courses?
It's best to do the cap/cornerstone and 3 e-packs/easy courses, you need to decide which classes would work for you.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I've decided that if I do end up transferring in too much of the degree, I will likely add the BALS area of study since I'm pretty close to completing it, but might consider a certificate or Associate's degree depending on whether I want to do more UL courses or not (I'll think about it).
(11-22-2023, 03:29 AM)mariobros1985 Wrote: Thanks for the responses, everyone!

I've decided that if I do end up transferring in too much of the degree, I will likely add the BALS area of study since I'm pretty close to completing it, but might consider a certificate or Associate's degree depending on whether I want to do more UL courses or not (I'll think about it).

Just to be clear, you don't need to complete the additional degree or certificate - you just need to add it to your evaluation you give you 'space' to drop the credits that you don't technically need (other than flat rate term credits).  Also, if you already have a course through alternative credits (no grade) and you want to take the same course to get a graded replacement you can do that. If TESU points out you already have the 'course' on your transcript you can just tell them that you want to replace it with a TESU graded course, This could be for any number of reasons, the easiest 'reason' being you want more graded credits on your transcript for graduate school applications (even if you never plan on applying or attending any graduate school, it is just a valid reason).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I don't think that you have to even declare that extra degree or cert. I'm pretty sure that if they question a course registration, saying it's for residency purposes would be perfectly valid.

That said, it's a good idea to add one for another reason. After you graduate, your enrollment is normally terminated. If you have an unearned degree or cert still on your student account, then your enrolled status will continue until it expires because you haven't registered for courses in a year. That can be handy if you think you might want to sneak a few more alt credit courses onto your transcript, or just to enjoy student discounts or perks like Office365 for that extra time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
@OP, it boils down to what you need and want... Personal preference, it can go so many ways... Decide which option you would want to go for and complete it that way.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 61 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 746 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 224 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,613 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 637 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,334 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 424 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM