Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AS in electronics. Transfer credits options?
Can anyone confirm that TESU will accept Sophia credit? Looking at doing Algebra and a few other basic classes then transferring but, I am seeing mixed feedback that they will not since 2020. Also any suggestions on what is best straighterline, Sophia or others? I am thinking of returning to school after 20 years so need something easy. I have all the technical classes completed so that made TESU a good match.
(11-12-2023, 07:32 AM)shows55 Wrote: Can anyone confirm that TESU will accept Sophia credit? Looking at doing Algebra and a few other basic classes then transferring but, I am seeing mixed feedback that they will not since 2020. Also any suggestions on what is best straighterline, Sophia or others? I am thinking of returning to school after 20 years so need something easy. I have all the technical classes completed so that made TESU a good match.

TESU accepts most Sophia including all the math courses. There is a Sophia equivalency page on the wiki
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
In progress: HAU MBA (2/3rds done so far) Completed: BA Economics | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
@shows55, Welcome to the board, not sure where you're reading that, Sophia.org is the most recommended option at $79 for the first month. In addition to what you've asked, it's better to also bring in more info by filling in the addendum and template. It's great asking questions and getting answers... Having said that, to help you more, you want to let people know exactly what you are trying to do by providing a bigger overview so we get the full picture of your scenario.

Your best bet is to do a combination of ACE such as Sophia.org/Study.com, for example, you're looking to transfer in the full 75% or 45 credits into the degree or institution of choice and they take 45 credits max, you need to see what classes offered by these providers can go into the degree and not waste time on classes that won't. Create a spreadsheet for the degree and then post a link to it here, make it viewable/not editable on your google or one drive. We can help then...

If you decide to ladder up to a Bachelors, you can do so with additional ACE/NCCRS credits until you reach a max of 90, so if you're working on Sophia.org, take more that will go towards a Bachelors, thus, having a spreadsheet for both degrees of choice would be beneficial. In the addendum, template, make sure to fill most if not all the info, I suggest doing the flat rate of 15 credits at TESU vs paying the residency waiver fee. Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 54 11 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 744 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 219 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,611 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 637 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM