Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors?
If anyone else had their RA credits for competitive debate or speech courses accepted by TESU, I'd love to know details of the original course code and description, as well as the TESU course code and description they mapped it to. Just looking at my newly-evaluated transfer credits and I'm very sad to see four semesters of "SP-26, Forensics" at RA college - 8 credits of A grades - was evaluated as "CDR-1999" with zero credits. 

I earned these a LONG time ago (and wasted tons of time winning awards when I should have been earning a degree). So, I wonder if the course ID and/or description as merely, "Forensics" (not LEO-related) are just no longer in whatever databases they use. I also see TESU does not have their own competitive debate/speech offering. However, they did accept a number of my other ancient classes, as well as oddball classes that are not quite like anything they have on offer. 

I applied mainly just to get the two free TECEPs they are currently offering newly-accepted student, and to see their credit evaluation so I can begin choosing and planning a degree. I have more alternative-source credits I know I need to complete before really digging in at TESU. 

So, I wasn't really planning on talking to an Academic Advisor just yet. However, I'm guessing that's the best way to press them on the non-accepted credits..? If that's the best next step, can anyone recommend their favorite from this list?

Rhonda Beckett
Sherwood Brown
Chrystal Guadarrama
Joshua Hoftiezer
Donald Stoltz

Thanks!
Donald Stoltz is highly recommended by everyone who interacts with him. I don't know the others.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • PLEX
It's a tie, I usually go with the following and in this order: Patricia Certo, Don Stoltz, are my main "go to" and Chrystal Guadarrama is my "backup" when they're not available. They will follow up with you accordingly. Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid411146

Academic Advising Staff (not everyone is on this webpage) Link: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/meet-the-staff
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-19-2024, 01:35 PM)PLEX Wrote: I applied mainly just to get the two free TECEPs they are currently offering newly-accepted student.

Where do you see this offer? Url?

You can appeal the evaluation. They will likely want to see the syllabus of the classes you took.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Thanks, all! They accepted six of the eight credits as communications electives. I could not use the online scheduler, as it did not recognize my new student ID, yet. So, I called to schedule and the student success rep who answered told me an academic advisor would not be able to help, and that I should email "the dean." That was heavin@tesu.edu for me. I sent them the current California Community Colleges listing info with class code Comm26 (and it notes "previously SP26") and full description, and the CSU transfer system codes that correspond. The class now has variable credits, with one hour classroom plus mandatory competition. Depending on how much tournament travel you do, you get between one and three credits per semester. So, I would have earned 12 credits with today's weighting. However, in researching, I think I'm seeing that CSU will only accept a grand total of three credits for forensics, now, and my previous CSU only accepted four. So, I'm happy with the result.

I'm am going to make a new post with the entire free-TECEP email they sent me. I had to ask for it, after seeing others, here, mention that they received it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PLEX's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 750 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 227 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 324 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 350 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,763 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 854 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,067 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 517 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 804 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 535 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM