Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA International Business
Hi all, I've looked around the forum with the search feature and tried using google to search the forum too but I'm not having much luck. 

Has anyone decided to go the Int'l Business route instead of GM?

Does it make much of a difference?

My husband is at the point now where he needs to decide his last few UL classes. Either degree will work for him but IB is a better fit for him professionally... but overall it's just important that he has a "business" degree. He's the exact same distance from both and they're very similar in content.

I haven't seen many threads with information about this route. If it's roughly the same amount of work then he'd rather do that. If there's a significant difference (time or cost) then the GM is fine. 

Thanks for any insight you can offer! I'll also be cross-checking SDC/TECEP/academic eval to see what I can come up with.
Goal: Anything. Just need the paper. 
In Progress: last few 300-400 level, Am Gov
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

There aren't enough courses to do Int'l Business. You could certainly do all of them and put them in the right slots though.

MAN
International Management (Davar) or Globalization & Int'l Mgmt (Study) - MAN-372

FIN
Multinational Fin (Davar) or Int'l Fin (Study) - FIN-334

MAR
Global Marketing (Study) MAR-451

Those are the only ones I know of.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESU courses are:
International Economics (ECO-490)
FIN-334 International Finance

So then you are better off doing the $4,928 flat rate to avoid residency fees for 16 credits if you can handle the workload.

Get to 100 credits, then take 3 TESU international finance classes with capstone/info lit together is the cheapest/quickest way.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-28-2020, 05:11 PM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU courses are:
International Economics (ECO-490)
FIN-334 International Finance

So then you are better off doing the $4,928 flat rate to avoid residency fees for 16 credits if you can handle the workload.

Get to 100 credits, then take 3 TESU international finance classes with capstone/info lit together is the cheapest/quickest way.

Idk if that would be enough international business courses. If those are the only international business courses TESU offers it won't work.

The international finance duplicates study.coms. Dfrecore only listed 3, so with the one TESU course. That would equal 4 courses.

Actually there could be one more. If you do the Business in Society TECEP then maybe BUS-120 from study.com would possibly work. But even if it did it still would only be 5 courses and put you one course short because you need 6 for the AOS.

Unless there is any more international business courses that we didn't think of.
(05-28-2020, 12:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There aren't enough courses to do Int'l Business.  You could certainly do all of them and put them in the right slots though.

MAN
International Management (Davar) or Globalization & Int'l Mgmt (Study) - MAN-372

FIN

MAR

What I'm getting confused about is that in the academic eval, it says a course called "Intro to Int'l Business" is required, but then it doesn't recommend a course, just "please contact an advisor." Nearly everything else I've been able to find somewhere (mostly SDC) but this intro course isn't even in TESU's course catalog. I emailed about it and the lady was nice but had no idea and sent me to someone else. I'm waiting on a response from person #2 now. 

It's looking like this probably isn't a feasible route but a few people have asked over the years so I'm gonna see what solid info I can get from TESU directly. 

Thanks for your reply, and as always, thanks for all your hard work on here!
Complete: [Sophia]: CSMLearn, TEEX DI, Art History 2, English Comp 2, Sociology, Ethics, Project Management, Human Bio, US Hist2, Intro to Business, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, Greek Phil, Stats, Conflict Res (1CR), Visual Comm, Dev Effective Teams,  [SL]: Bus Law [ALEKS]: Intermediate Algebra [Institutes]: Ethics [CLEP]: Western Civ I [Murrray State University]: 5CR: MAT130 MAT230 4CR: GSC199 ENG105 CHE101 ITD107 PHY130/131 3CR: COM161 MAT117 ART121 HIS221 PSY180 CHN101 RGS200 CSC199 CET284 ECO230 JPN350 RES132 THD104 1CR: IDC199 MSU099

(05-28-2020, 08:02 PM)lillingworth Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: There aren't enough courses to do Int'l Business.  You could certainly do all of them and put them in the right slots though.

MAN

FIN

MAR

What I'm getting confused about is that in the academic eval, it says a course called "Intro to Int'l Business" is required, but then it doesn't recommend a course, just "please contact an advisor." Nearly everything else I've been able to find somewhere (mostly SDC) but this intro course isn't even in TESU's course catalog. I emailed about it and the lady was nice but had no idea and sent me to someone else. I'm waiting on a response from person #2 now. 

It's looking like this probably isn't a feasible route but a few people have asked over the years so I'm gonna see what solid info I can get from TESU directly. 

Intro to Int'l Business should be study.com Business 120: International Business

AOS list so far:
Global Marketing MAR-451 (study)
International Finance FIN-334 (study)
Globalization & International Management Man372(study)
International Economics (ECO-490)  TESU course
Intro International Business MAN-271 (study LL)

I would ask if any TESU course would fit that don't overlap your study/davar courses.   You got enough UL, just need maybe 1 more LL course?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-28-2020, 10:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

MAN

FIN

MAR

Intro to Int'l Business should be study.com Business 120: International Business

AOS list so far:

I would ask if any TESU course would fit that don't overlap your study/davar courses.   You got enough UL, just need maybe 1 more LL course?

Intro to Int'l Business is required in the core, so that's gone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-28-2020, 10:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 10:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

MAN

FIN

MAR

AOS list so far:

Intro to Int'l Business is required in the core, so that's gone.

In an above post, I suggested taking the business in society TECEP for the core requirement. Then possibly intro to international business could be in the aos. The problem is we don't know if Tesu would allow an intro class in the aos.
I'll be honest I'm a little confused by all of this lol. I actually don't know the difference between Core and AOS on the academic eval. He and I are both enrolled and can update our evals as we go. I'm still waiting for a reply by email. It's difficult to call them because it would be the middle of the night for me.

I will throw this out there: He's already registered for the Business in Society TECEP so that's out of the way.

(05-28-2020, 10:51 PM)natshar Wrote: In an above post, I suggested taking the business in society TECEP for the core requirement. Then possibly intro to international business could be in the aos. The problem is we don't know if Tesu would allow an intro class in the aos.

Agree you would need the TECEP Biz in Society

The last piece to the puzzle will probably end up being:
Business 320: Advanced International Business (study.com)
Business 205: International Retailing Strategy & Operations (study.com)

These courses are not ACE or TESU approved yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 83 Yesterday, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,252 04-26-2024, 09:25 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,618 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 518 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 890 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,895 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
  International students would like to ask some questions. Ron9 4 784 11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,376 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,448 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,186 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20