Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA/BS-CIS?
Yes, if you're doing the 15 credit flat rate term, the only course you should extend is the capstone, the others can all be completed if you have the time allocated to do them. It's time management & work ethic, and other commitments all balanced out.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-21-2023, 10:35 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, for someone who wants more stuff for the same amount of cash, I would do the BACS/BSBA combo...
Two capstones, mix of 3 E-Packs or 3 easy courses, 5 courses total.  One of the courses should be the PLA-1010

$4,299 Flat-Rate Tuition
$298 Graduation Fee
$4597

The BSBA isn't available anymore in all AOS options (such as CIS) - it would now be a BSCIS - see this most recent thread - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-nonsense

(10-21-2023, 08:04 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 07:47 AM)allvia Wrote: Your money would be better spent on earning a MBA if you're looking to add a business degree to your resume. There are quite a few (affordable) options in MIS/ITM that would align with the BSBA-CIS if that AOS is your secondary objective to the business admin.  You could achieve this for about the same budget, and obtain a much better ROI than a second bachelor.
WGU I take it?

I’ve considered the MBA or MSML in the past.

WGU is the first that comes to mind for the ITM focus. I know a few people (personally) who have done it in one term through WGU, but even with two terms I'd say the ROI would be  better than a 2nd bachelor. I'm sure there are other MBA programs that would fall in the <$10k with IT focus (if that is what you truly want). Building  CIS/IT into a resume once you already have a bachelor is often best through certifications. Since you don't have a business related bachelor I'd recommend the MBA (even a general AOS version) to add 'business' to your resume over a MSML (leadership), but only you know your true professional objective.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-21-2023, 08:12 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Current Rates

Option #1
$4,299 Flat-Rate Tuition
$298 Graduation Fee
$4597

Option #2
$1635 for 1 course at TESU
$3,354 for Residency Waiver
$298 Graduation Fee
$5287

What is your time worth?

If it's worth $15hr, then it would take 80-160hrs of extra effort to do 5 TESU courses versus 1 or $1200/$2400 worth of your time.

I'll take Option #2 for 300 lol 

Yeah this was what I was looking for as far as pricing goes nowadays. Thank you LevelUP, I appreciate it!!

(10-21-2023, 08:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: As already said, you'll get better bang for your buck if you get an MBA. But if you want a "tech" degree and not a "business degree", the BS CIS is an okay price.

(10-21-2023, 07:38 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: I already have business and IT credits through Sophia from before that cover some of the course requirements in the CIS AOS and Business Core, do I just need 24 new credits to cover the rest of the plan to complete the degree? Or do I need to start from scratch with the entire plan?
You'll need 24 new credits in the AOS.  If all you have is Sophia credits (and UMPI credits), you should be good. But you'd need to apply to TESU to see what happens.

(10-21-2023, 07:38 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: Is the cornerstone still required for a second bachelors? 
No, only the capstone. The cornerstone is part of the gen eds.

(10-21-2023, 07:38 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote: Also, I still don't have a firm grasp on my payment options. What is honestly the better option, paying for the residency waiver or doing flat rate? The waiver is expensive, yet the flat rate 15 credit option may be hard to pull off in a semester. What are my options as far as payment?

Your options at this point are:
Capstone: $1635
Residency Waiver fee: $3354
Graduation fee: $298
------
Total: $5287

OR

15 credit flat rate term (capstone, 1 or 2 easy classes, 1 or 2 easy ePacks): $4299
Graduation fee: $298
------
Total: $4597

I think you can pay tuition in 3 payments? https://www.tesu.edu/centrastate/deferre...yment-plan But the residency waiver fee is due all at once, AFAIK.

Thank you Rachel you answered basically all my questions, I appreciate it!!!

(10-22-2023, 08:13 AM)allvia Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 10:35 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, for someone who wants more stuff for the same amount of cash, I would do the BACS/BSBA combo...
Two capstones, mix of 3 E-Packs or 3 easy courses, 5 courses total.  One of the courses should be the PLA-1010

$4,299 Flat-Rate Tuition
$298 Graduation Fee
$4597

The BSBA isn't available anymore in all AOS options (such as CIS) - it would now be a BSCIS - see this most recent thread - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...e-nonsense

(10-21-2023, 08:04 AM)Jwheels27 Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 07:47 AM)allvia Wrote: Your money would be better spent on earning a MBA if you're looking to add a business degree to your resume. There are quite a few (affordable) options in MIS/ITM that would align with the BSBA-CIS if that AOS is your secondary objective to the business admin.  You could achieve this for about the same budget, and obtain a much better ROI than a second bachelor.
WGU I take it?

I’ve considered the MBA or MSML in the past.

WGU is the first that comes to mind for the ITM focus. I know a few people (personally) who have done it in one term through WGU, but even with two terms I'd say the ROI would be  better than a 2nd bachelor. I'm sure there are other MBA programs that would fall in the <$10k with IT focus (if that is what you truly want). Building  CIS/IT into a resume once you already have a bachelor is often best through certifications. Since you don't have a business related bachelor I'd recommend the MBA (even a general AOS version) to add 'business' to your resume over a MSML (leadership), but only you know your true professional objective.

Yeah its definitely some food for thought. Im still considering the MBA or MSML at WGU, I may pursue one in the future. Nothings set in stone yet. Thank you for your advice!
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
Here's what I really want to recommend you instead of a second bachelors, as you're going to be forking out a few grand for it... HAU MBA for $3K if the scholarship option is still available, UMPI MAOL $4300 in 2 sessions, WGU MSML/MBA - either of these are options for you at under $5K each. It'll be a proper 'ladder upwards' from your current degree of Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science...

Edit to add: Another option is, since you're still deciding, is to take the opportunity of free learning on Coursera, Edx, and whatever else there is going on. It doesn't have to be ACE or NCCRS recommended for credit, it could be a program for certificates or experience as you work on the trifecta of certs, degree, experience. You're just trying to customize, max and mix/balance the entire thing to your liking...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I guess OP it just depends on what you want to do. You do t need me to tell you but an MBA , MSML and the likes are “management” degrees. BSCIS is a business / tech degree.

Are you a manager ? If yes Then maybe an masters mgmt/ mba  would be a good fit. Do you want to be a manager ? If yes , maybe a masters mgmt/ mba will help you to get there.

If management isn’t your vision then you probably don’t need an MBA, either the bscis for business/ tech or another bachelors or masters in a specific area. In another words a narrower focus. Another BA,  BS in another area or an MA, MS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 61 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 50 5,246 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 889 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,445 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,183 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 517 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,367 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 780 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,039 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  BSBA Operations Management AOS dillpickles 48 3,115 07-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: dillpickles