Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International students would like to ask some questions.
Hello everyone,

By reading the wiki and the university catalogue, I noticed that I can transfer up to 90 credits from international institutions and up to 90 credits from non-college providers (ACE, NCCRS).
I have currently graduated from a junior college in China and completed a WES evaluation, so I plan to use my college credits + ACE credits + a 16-credit semester at TESU to complete my Bachelor's degree.

However, I found this in the university catalogue:
"International students with college-level learning assessed from another country must complete at least 30 additional U.S. college credits and meet all the area of study or concentration degree requirements to obtain a Thomas Edison State University bachelor’s degree"
https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/curre...d-credits/

I think what this paragraph is trying to say is that international students can transfer up to 90 credits from international institutions. But I'm still confused about "U.S. college credits" because I only plan to take 16 credits at TESU and I don't know if ACE credits count as "U.S. college credits" or not.

Thank you very much for your help!
@Ron9, Yes... It is a little confusing, there was a recent thread or two in regards to this. You just need to know that the sentence is missing a word or two illustrating you can take 30 US College Credits (and/or alternatives/equivalents)...

Essentially, if you're taking TEL Learning, other RA, and ACE/NCCRS credits, those are all US College Credits and/or recommended for credit alternatives/equivalents. So, technically, for you it'll be 106 credits transferred into TESU and 16 residency credits.

Which degree are you going for? You may want to add to this thread the following info you're missing from the template and addendum here, this will give us an overview: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle, Ron9
(06-03-2023, 12:23 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Ron9, Yes... It is a little confusing, there was a recent thread or two in regards to this.  You just need to know that the sentence is missing a word or two illustrating you can take 30 US College Credits (and/or alternatives/equivalents)...  

Essentially, if you're taking TEL Learning, other RA, and ACE/NCCRS credits, those are all US College Credits and/or recommended for credit alternatives/equivalents.  So, technically, for you it'll be 106 credits transferred into TESU and 16 residency credits.

Which degree are you going for?  You may want to add to this thread the following info you're missing from the template and addendum here, this will give us an overview: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Thanks for reply!

I've got a basic understanding of most of the dos and don'ts from looking at sample plans on the wiki and other people's posts. So I wanted to make my own plan for myself. If I run into any problems later, I will come back for advice.
(11-02-2023, 07:06 AM)Martalley Wrote: Your plan to utilize a combination of college credits and ACE credits is a smart strategy. However, as per the university catalogue, it seems you might need an additional 30 U.S. college credits to meet the requirements for a Thomas Edison State University bachelor’s degree.

No, for the purposes of getting a degree at TESU, foreign credits will do fine. There is a limit of 90 ACE/NCCRS credits. The rest can come from TESU, a foreign university, or an American RA college or university.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The combination of college credits along with ACE is the only strategy... it's going to be a waste of cash to get anything RA unless it's cheaper than the alternative credit options or foreign credit... You just need to make sure to max the 90 ACE/NCCRS credits and then take the rest through RA/foreign equivalent, and the final option is either residency waiver fee or flat rate for 15 credits.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 856 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 1,076 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Certificates for Enrolled Students Yenisei 3 449 12-26-2023, 01:42 AM
Last Post: natshar
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,898 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,652 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  few questions about TESU sekiflying 3 445 08-20-2023, 11:13 AM
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 436 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  Two questions regarding to 1. TESU second degree and 2. bachelor to master program lylx1981 5 1,621 05-17-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Henry_Patterson
  TESU - Community College & RA Questions mt_1994 22 1,895 03-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Questions about linear algebra zoey_ 3 782 02-01-2023, 07:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az