Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly)
(10-21-2022, 09:10 PM)RbxFunRocks Wrote: Out of curiosity, I did a Google search about who has the most PhDs. The highest answer I found from a news article was 33:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4262]
https://www.thehansindia.com/telangana/w...ord-573415

I've never heard of Satyanarayana. The article says that he has a Guinness World Record, so I tried looking for it. Nothing. Couldn't even find anything archived. Next, I found his website. There, he claims to have 108 doctorates (a huge jump from 33):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4263]
https://www.sagisatya.com/doctorates
Archived version - https://web.archive.org/web/202210220106...doctorates

He actually lists each school, degree, and year awarded in the link above. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, at first glance, I thought about the possibility that he's just bragging about earning a bunch of online degrees (in similar subjects) from a mix of accredited and unaccredited schools. Some schools I recognized. Others, I had to search up. One of the universities he says he went to (Yoga-Samskrutham University) is an unaccredited religious school, for instance.

At this point, I didn't believe Satyanarayana was being truthful. It's pretty obvious he lied about his Guinness World Record after all. I also just don't see how all of this could've been pulled off logistically. I figured that at the very least, the lie would be somewhat thought-out. There's no way he'd claim to have degrees that these schools don't actually offer. Right?

No silly, not at all.

One school that caught my attention was the University of Central Florida. This is mainly because I have a ton of irl friends who go there and I have a good understanding of what degrees they offer. Something was off about this guy saying he had a PhD in Yoga from UCF. One Google search later, low and behold, they don't have a Yoga program. How surprising... (not). Closest I could find was the resume of some UCF alumnus who has a PhD (from a different school) and likes yoga.

Looking at the actual dates, there's no way he got all those PhDs from Ivies in such a short span of time. Princeton doesn't even have any online degrees so he would've had to go in-person. I doubt Yale would even make it possible for him to get so many PhDs in a short span of time in the same subject. He got PhDs in Yoga at both Columbia and Yale within 1 year? I smell bologna. 

Then, there's the obvious: how is he paying for everything? Some of these programs could not have been taken online, implying a ton of irl travel. The tuition at some of these schools is pretty expensive (especially when attending so many good schools at the same time). What kind of job would give him enough time and money to pay for all this? Even if we ignore the fact some of these degrees don't exist, it just doesn't add up.

Funniest part of all this: the photos of his "world record". They can be found in the below. I've also attached some of them to this thread.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4259][Image: attachment.php?aid=4260]
https://www.sagisatya.com/in-the-news

Good thing he isn't claiming to have a PhD in Graphic Design (yet).
As someone literally from South Africa. I have never. and I mean NEVER. Heard of African Moon University.

The only legit Distance/Online University in South Africa offering PhD's would be UNISA. (As far as I know of.)
In progress:
XAMK: Video Game Creation certificate (8/13 courses completed)
Metropolia: Multiple Courses (In Progress: IT Services Sales and Marketing)

Completed:
Sophia: 62 credits
i-to-i: 180-hour TEFL certificate (DEAC- accredited)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guy Has Either 33 or 108 Doctorate Degrees (Allegedly) - by Personherebb9 - 10-26-2022, 07:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inexpensive Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees bjcheung77 7 1,430 09-11-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: wow
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 129 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  How do you achieve multiple degrees? Ariadne 5 595 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Twitter freaks out over person with many degrees RbxFunRocks 12 1,106 06-25-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 523 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  UVEG - Inexpensive Official Degrees in Mexico bjcheung77 14 3,490 05-20-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 1,685 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Associate degrees??? midnite123 10 1,214 04-03-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 1,292 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh