Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Science help!
#11
zmama32 Wrote:I need 9 Science credits for my degree at the CUNY School of Professional Studies. I decided to test out of science, since my school doesn't really offer science classes that I feel I would do well in. I am terrible in Chemistry and Physics, and I haven't taken Biology in a while.

I passed the Here's To Your Health exam with a 435, and will receive 3 science credits for it.

I took the Environment and Humanity DSST yesterday, and unfortunately, I only got a 393. I am extremely frustrated, as the exam covered more environmental policy than anything. I never saw the word "biome" throughout the whole exam, and every study guide emphasized studying biomes!

I need to apply for graduation by March 1st, so waiting to retake the exam is not an option. I still need 6 science credits. Which exam or exams do you all suggest? My school accepts DSST, CLEP and UExcel. Like I said, I'm terrible in chemistry and physics and anything with formulas.

I need help! I also need an elective test, and I am great in reading, writing, comprehension, etc. I was thinking Fundamentals of Counseling DSST?

Any advice????

Amara


you're getting 3 science credits for Here's to Your Health? Are you sure?
If that's true, then you might like Nutrition x2 for 6 more. Straighterline and TESC are options.... but I'm hesitant. The SL course wouldn't count as science at most schools (including the big 3)...but if you're sure you're getting science credit for HtYH, you school may award science credit for SL Intro Nutrition. The TESC exam has BIO prefix, so that's a normal nutrition science credit, which wouldn't duplicate HtYH or SL Nutrition.

EDIT: instead of the TESC exam, you might like SL Anatomy and Physiology. They are offering a $20 off code right now for science classes, might work for Nutrition and Anatomy & Physiology.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Science help! - by sanantone - 01-26-2015, 03:11 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Science help! - by sanantone - 01-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Science help! - by KayV - 01-26-2015, 04:04 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Science help! - by sanantone - 01-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Science help! - by Yanji - 01-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Science help! - by Westerner - 01-27-2015, 01:36 AM
Science help! - by cookderosa - 01-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Science help! - by sanantone - 01-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Science help! - by cookderosa - 01-27-2015, 07:42 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Science help! - by UptonSinclair - 01-27-2015, 08:10 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Science help! - by cookderosa - 01-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Science help! - by Yanji - 01-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Science help! - by bricabrac - 01-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Science help! - by sanantone - 01-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Science help! - by Yanji - 01-28-2015, 04:34 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Science help! - by Westerner - 01-29-2015, 02:57 AM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Science help! - by cookderosa - 01-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-29-2015, 11:43 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-29-2015, 11:50 PM
Science help! - by cookderosa - 01-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Science help! - by hightecrebel - 01-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Science help! - by Westerner - 01-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Science help! - by zmama32 - 01-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Science help! - by cookderosa - 01-31-2015, 02:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Free Accredited Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – How Do We Get There? MNomadic 21 12,380 09-26-2026, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 13 11,100 05-28-2026, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Looking for online, self-paced computer science core courses that offer RA credits mylo 5 1,808 04-22-2026, 05:41 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate Political Science Credits TINASAM 8 2,290 01-31-2026, 09:03 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Looking for a school for science classes like Chem Heath 4 2,125 01-25-2026, 08:36 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Online undergraduate 300/400(0) level Political Science Stonybeach 6 2,917 08-20-2025, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Opinions: Bachelor of Arts vs Bachelor of Science (for Business and/or Marketing) fieldnotes 4 6,151 03-03-2025, 09:30 PM
Last Post: fieldnotes
  Michigan Law to Require High School Computer Science Courses Jonathan Whatley 2 2,494 01-27-2025, 06:57 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 5 4,271 10-14-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Affordable Online Data Science and Programming Degrees from IIT Madras (India) OtterDen 3 13,909 06-21-2024, 08:45 PM
Last Post: OtterDen

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)