Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chepeast options for international transcripts?
Hello, back again. After months, Peru overturned the whole rejection of USA degrees outside of the top 800 world universities, so I went ahead and finished all my Sophia courses for GED and BABA with a marketing minor. I was going to do some more courses at Study.com, but the tuition got higher and put me in a tougher spot as now I had about 2500 dollars saved planning to get those 500, but now I would need 900 (likely 1000 due to paying international fees; Sophia did cost me 85 dollars instead of 70). Given all of that, I'm looking for the cheapest way to get my credits from high school and the university I attended in Peru—about 80 credits, approximately. I assume I have to send transcripts. Is it a course-by-course evaluation, no? If so, from what I have seen, most charge per page, which would seem to add a lot really fast given how many courses I already took.

One person on Reddit recommended Scholaro or Ucredo because they told me they would allow you to scan the documents and send them the pdfs directly for evaluation. Are those the cheapest?
so I by accident think I posted this in the wrong place rather than the umpi hence the repost, any way Hello, back again. After months, Peru overturned the whole rejection of USA degrees outside of the top 800 world universities, so I went ahead and finished all my Sophia courses for GED and BABA with a marketing minor. I was going to do some more courses at Study.com, but the tuition got higher and put me in a tougher spot as now I had about 2500 dollars saved planning to get those 500, but now I would need 900 (likely 1000 due to paying international fees; Sophia did cost me 85 dollars instead of 70). Given all of that, I'm looking for the cheapest way to get my credits from high school and the university I attended in Peru—about 80 credits, approximately. I assume I have to send transcripts. Is it a course-by-course evaluation, no? If so, from what I have seen, most charge per page, which would seem to add a lot really fast given how many courses I already took.

One person on Reddit recommended Scholaro or Ucredo because they told me they would allow you to scan the documents and send them the pdfs directly for evaluation. Are those the cheapest?
You need to have your foreign college credits evaluated by an organization such as WES if you want to transfer them to UMPI. UMPI does not evaluate foreign credits. Are the credits useful for the GEC or the BABA with Marketing Concentration? If they're credits that are just general electives, then it may not be worth the expense of getting them evaluated. It may be cheaper to take more courses on Sophia and use those for general electives.
(07-24-2024, 05:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You need to have your foreign college credits evaluated by an organization such as WES if you want to transfer them to UMPI. UMPI does not evaluate foreign credits. Are the credits useful for the GEC or the BABA with Marketing Concentration? If they're credits that are just general electives, then it may not be worth the expense of getting them evaluated. It may be cheaper to take more courses on Sophia and use those for general electives.

thanks for the reply yes i do know i need eveluation i was looking for the chepeast alternative international evaluation, the reason why i want all those credits is for a possible second bachellors later on as mentioned I already did all my courses that i can in sophia including forgot to add that includes GED, the BABA courses and free electives
First thing is to get those Spanish language credits translated to English. I am in a similar boat. I have tons of credits from a myriad of Spanish language universities, and those 200 USD evals will soon pile up real fast. Is Scholaro ACEI accredited?

I have gotten a few of my transcripts translated to English with straker and Spantran, both charge around 70 USD per document but they both gave equally good quality translations. I liked Straker a little bit more because the translator can ask you questions to clarify what a specific course is in case the wording has 2 possible different English translations depending on context.

If Scholaro accepted scanned and digital transcripts from multiple schools for the same fee, that would really be useful for me.
(07-24-2024, 06:14 PM)Solden81 Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 05:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You need to have your foreign college credits evaluated by an organization such as WES if you want to transfer them to UMPI. UMPI does not evaluate foreign credits. Are the credits useful for the GEC or the BABA with Marketing Concentration? If they're credits that are just general electives, then it may not be worth the expense of getting them evaluated. It may be cheaper to take more courses on Sophia and use those for general electives.

thanks for the reply yes i do know i need eveluation i was looking for the chepeast alternative international evaluation, the reason why i want all those credits is for a possible second bachellors later on as mentioned I already did all my courses that i can in sophia including forgot to add that includes GED, the BABA courses and free electives

GEC not GED. GED is something else in the US. 

I'm saying you may not need the evaluation for UMPI. If you can max out your credits from Sophia and possibly Study, then why spend the money if they're not going to help you? Wait until you have the money for the evaluation for the second bachelor's degree. Why go for a second bachelor's degree? You may be better off going for a master's degree.
Basically, you want to elaborate a bit more, even after reviewing your initial thread, I am still a bit confused on how you want to go from one educational goal to the next, you want to map your way from Bachelors to Masters and not 'jump' through unneeded hoops unless it's needed obviously... My recommendation is to go with any evaluation agency that your final institution will take. I would recommend the NACES options first before going with AICE options, the costs are almost identical with nominal differences... For examples of evaluation agencies, in addition to the ones on the institution website, you can check the ENEB link to see what options are available...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-24-2024, 07:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 06:14 PM)Solden81 Wrote:

GEC not GED. GED is something else in the US. 

I'm saying you may not need the evaluation for UMPI. If you can max out your credits from Sophia and possibly Study, then why spend the money if they're not going to help you? Wait until you have the money for the evaluation for the second bachelor's degree. Why go for a second bachelor's degree? You may be better off going for a master's degree.
then can you help me clear stuff up well the second bachellor is related to what im transfering out related to science i have calc, phyics, buisness classes now due to a lot of issues that are to long to mention and i decided to switch to a baba at umpi, but i still want to finish it seems TESU is the best option for that one since they also accept Sophia and study so I was told that if Umpi accepted my Peruvian credits it would make it easier to TESU to accept them as well I was told this by two americans, now is this correct? if not I have no reason to really waste money now as you said.

and final question if I dont send college transcripts and only highschool wouldnt that present a problem? since i read that one of the admission requierments 

Minimum cumulative college of GPA 1.75 from most recently attended institution and Students who do not have any college credits must submit the following.

But I do have college credits and higher than 1.75 gpa how do i show this with out the transcripts just tell them I studied here in peru? 

that would be all thank you

(07-24-2024, 07:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, you want to elaborate a bit more, even after reviewing your initial thread, I am still a bit confused on how you want to go from one educational goal to the next, you want to map your way from Bachelors to Masters and not 'jump' through unneeded hoops unless it's needed obviously...  My recommendation is to go with any evaluation agency that your final institution will take.  I would recommend the NACES options first before going with AICE options, the costs are almost identical with nominal differences... For examples of evaluation agencies, in addition to the ones on the institution website, you can check the ENEB link to see what options are available...

hello and just to clarify my initial goal back then was ending up in masters due in the uk or spain because those were accepted here, while american degrees were not,  that is not the case anymore so grad school is not my soon to be goal as it was before. now my goal as mentioned in the comments is finish my BABA in umpi and later finish a science degree in TESU I hope this and my comment above elaborte.
Doesn't matter if UMPI accepts your foreign credits. That has absolutely nothing to do with TESU and will not make any difference in whether or not they are accepted.

You do not need any college credit to be accepted into UMPI. I don't know where you're reading this about the GPA.
(07-24-2024, 08:35 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Doesn't matter if UMPI accepts your foreign credits. That has absolutely nothing to do with TESU and will not make any difference in whether or not they are accepted.

You do not need any college credit to be accepted into UMPI. I don't know where you're reading this about the GPA.
1) Thank you for clearing that up 

2) I got from here 
https://www.umpi.edu/yourpace/admissions-requirements/
Were people who have no credit must provide a resume ( I was told this was about work experience) but I haven't worked aside from free lance tutoring I haven't got a job since I was a student so hence why I asked can i not give the credits but tell them that I was student .

But again thank you for clearing that first thing you saved me quite a lot of money
Edit: forgot to ask what would be the best/cheapest option for transcripts highschool ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does UMPI YourPace accept Credly Transcripts? SophiaPrincess 5 676 05-09-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 458 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding international admissions. kjhkjh2001 11 896 03-19-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: ishady
  International High School Equivalency for UMPI Application kylan11 5 543 03-08-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BLS: Management Remaining Credit Options... TaraD2020 3 571 02-10-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: TaraD2020
  International students decide to apply to umpi xxZzyuu 6 1,000 01-03-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Second bachelors pacing and options Junco 4 684 12-16-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Mayday! One more course for History minor: what are my options? Junco 5 619 12-03-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? Tobutz 4 890 10-23-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MichaelDoesMarketing
  CALLING ALL EXPERTS: Heavy on UMPI Classes - Am I Missing Any Alternate Options? DolceDolce 9 1,730 08-23-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: DolceDolce