Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone look over my progress and see if I'm missing anything?
My plan is BLS - Management. This is where I'm at currently:

Coursera

Google IT Support Professional Certificate - transfers as 3 credits?
Google UX Design - almost done but paused to finish gen eds

ASU

Online Technical Support Fundamentals - 1

Sophia

Intro to Statistics - 3
Macroeconomics - 3
Microeconomics - 3
Principles of Finance - 3
College Algebra - 3
Communication at Work - 3
Environmental Science - 3
Art History I - 3
U.S. History I - 3
U.S. History II - 3
Project Management - 3
Intro to Business - 3
Business Law - 3
Intro to Information Technology - 3
Human Biology - 3
Visual Communications - 3
Accounting - 3
IT Career Exploration - 1
The Essentials of Managing Conflict - 1
Developing Effective Teams - 1
Sociology - 3
Intro to Ethics - 3
Conflict Resolution - 3
Spanish - 3
Ancient Greek Philosophers - 3
Foundations of Statistics - 2
Intro to College Mathemetics - 3
English Comp I - 3
English Comp II - 3

Study.com

Bio101L - currently doing

Pierpont

Board of Governors AAS
[-] The following 1 user Likes upgrayedd's post:
  • Mr T
You should probably check out this guy's degree plan. He finished management at UMPI. You can see what classes he took before attending UMPI.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-5-months
IT Support Certificate transferred as 12 credits for me.
(11-10-2022, 08:14 PM)upgrayedd Wrote: My plan is BLS - Management. This is where I'm at currently:

Coursera

Google IT Support Professional Certificate - transfers as 3 credits?
Google UX Design - almost done but paused to finish gen eds

ASU

Online Technical Support Fundamentals - 1

Sophia

Intro to Statistics - 3
Macroeconomics - 3
Microeconomics - 3
Principles of Finance - 3
College Algebra - 3
Communication at Work - 3
Environmental Science - 3
Art History I - 3
U.S. History I - 3
U.S. History II - 3
Project Management - 3
Intro to Business - 3
Business Law - 3
Intro to Information Technology - 3
Human Biology - 3
Visual Communications - 3
Accounting - 3
IT Career Exploration - 1
The Essentials of Managing Conflict - 1
Developing Effective Teams - 1
Sociology - 3
Intro to Ethics - 3
Conflict Resolution - 3
Spanish - 3
Ancient Greek Philosophers - 3
Foundations of Statistics - 2
Intro to College Mathemetics - 3
English Comp I - 3
English Comp II - 3

Study.com

Bio101L - currently doing

Pierpont

Board of Governors AAS

Have you created a spreadsheet? It's much easier to review a degree plan in a spreadsheet where you list what is required and what you've completed and where you completed it.
(11-13-2022, 07:27 PM)Tswede Wrote: IT Support Certificate transferred as 12 credits for me.

Interesting, some others told me 3 at UMPI.
(11-13-2022, 10:46 PM)upgrayedd Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 07:27 PM)Tswede Wrote: IT Support Certificate transferred as 12 credits for me.

The transfer database only shows it transferring in as COS1XX which would be 3 credits. The database isn't set up to show multiple courses. UMPI has also changed how Google certs have transferred in a few times.
(11-13-2022, 11:29 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

The transfer database only shows it transferring in as COS1XX which would be 3 credits. The database isn't set up to show multiple courses. UMPI has also changed how Google certs have transferred in a few times.

A few of my language credits (ACTFL) did not transfer in correctly according to ACE recommendations.  Jessica suggested I ask a certain person in the transfer department to take a look again and re-assess them.  I politely asked her to take a look at them and see if they were correctly allocated.  She did so and those were corrected quickly.   The Google certs all came in as ACE recommended, however, as did the IBM ones.

(11-13-2022, 11:29 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

This is partially true, but it's a bit more complex than that.  The database does show sometimes when there are multiple courses allocated.  For example, ACTF 0041 is listed as GEL 1XX and GEL 3XX in the transfer database.  In reality, it equals 6 hours of GEL 1XX and 6 hours of GEL 3XX on my transfer report.  It lists the two courses that it counts for, but not how many credits of each course in the database.  The database is setup more for traditional transfers of one 3 semester credit course to one 3 semester credit course.  These sources of credit are different enough that it doesn't fully fit.  They call these "Complex Results" in the transfer database (and have a link instead of a course number so you can see the course name/number breakdown but not the number of credits of each), where more than one course is listed.  In my experience, they try to match the ACE recommendations for LL/UL and number of credits.

There are other courses that way and several that only have one course that it counts for, but it can count for many credits of that one course.  Google Data Analytics counted for 12 credits of BUS 245 for me.  AWIT 0002 counted for 6 credits of GEL 3XX.  As examples.
@Tswede, I think where future readers can get confused is when someone writes this cert counted for 12 credits of XXXXX. Structured in that sentence would mean the cert counted as three credits since it counted for XXXXX course. As shared before in this and other threads, for several certs, you can earn three credits for a course. The remaining credits will be applied for business electives, or ACE can suggest 6/12/15 credits for a cert, and UMPI accepts it as one course, which would list 612/15 credits on your transcripts but only count as three credits towards your degree.

A good example of how some of the Coursera credits transfer in can be seen here: UMPI BABA Project Management
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 8 445 4 hours ago
Last Post: DavidGood
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 19 1,393 09-12-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 30 4,186 09-07-2024, 07:12 AM
Last Post: azmusic
  CALLING ALL EXPERTS: Heavy on UMPI Classes - Am I Missing Any Alternate Options? DolceDolce 9 1,781 08-23-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: DolceDolce
  Am I missing any alternative credit options? Vle045 17 2,659 01-27-2022, 10:04 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI BS in liberal arts, management minor progress Federicojavier 3 1,152 08-22-2021, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts