Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Plan and Progress
This thread is a follow up on my first post on Degree Forum where I inquired about which path to take at which school.  After that discussion I decided to pursue a bachelor from UMPI.  That thread can be found by clicking here.

Attaching the template filled out with updated information.  As you can see significant progress was made on Sofia and Coursera.  The Sofia and Coursera courses and certificates appear to transfer to UMPI per their very helpful transfer equivalency tool which can be found by clicking here.

I applied to UMPI on 07/05/2024.  Transcripts sent 07/05/2024.  Accepted 07/17/2024, with a Fall 2024 semester start date of 09/03/2024.

Your Location: USA
Your Age: 41
What kind of degree?: Bachelor
Budget: No budget constraints.
Commitments: Full time work and a wife, but I have some extended amounts of free time through the end of the year.
Dedicated time to study: Unlimited for the next several months.
Timeline: ASAP
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Employer's tuition reimbursement program is currently suspended for the year.
Goal?: Obtain a bachelor degree of any type ASAP

RA Credits / Other:  A few classes from various state colleges in Florida:
  1. CTS-2142 Project Management
  2. ENC-1101 English Comp 101
  3. CGS-1100 Microcomputer Applications
  4. CET-1178 Computer Hardware Support
  5. CGS-2557 Internet Technologies
  6. CTS-2120 Security Fundamentals
  7. CTS-2134 Networking Fundamentals
  8. ISS-1013 Into to Social Sciences
  9. POS-2041 American Federal Government
  10. POS-2112 State and Local Government
  11. CCJ-1020 Intro to Criminal Justice
Sophia Learning Credits:
  1. Workplace Writing II
  2. Business Communication
  3. Intro to Ethics
  4. Intro to Sociology
  5. Human Biology
  6. Human Biology Lab
  7. Environmental Science
  8. Visual Communications
  9. Art History II
  10. US History II
  11. Spanish I
  12. Financial Accounting
  13. Introduction to IT
  14. Program Management
  15. Intro to Business 
  16. Business Law
  17. Business Ethics
  18. Microeconomics
  19. Macroeconomics
  20. College Algebra
  21. Calculus I
Any certifications or military experience?
  1. Law Enforcement Officer - Excelsior offers 39 credits for the academies I attended, as do several others.
  2. Airline Transport Pilot (FAA) - Several colleges offer ~35 credits, Liberty offers 40, but I do not think UMPI will as they do not have an aviation program.
  3. CompTIA Security+
  4. CompTIA Network+
  5. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
  6. Google Project Management
  7. Google IT Support Professional
  8. Google Data Analytics
  9. TEEX - The easiest, fastest credits you will find anywhere.  And they're free.

According to the credit transfer tool on the UMPI website referenced above:
  • IBM Cybersecurity Analyst - 10 credits of GEL 1XX.  
  • Google Project Management - 3 credits of BUS 1XX, 3 of BUS 3XX, and 3 for BUS 400 Project Management Applications.
  • Google IT Support - 12 credits of COS 1XX.
  • Google Data Analytics - 6 credits of BUS 1XX, 3 for BUS 245 Programming for Managers, and 3 credits of COS 3XX.
  • CompTIA Network+ - 3 credits COS 1XX.
  • CompTIA Security+ - 3 credits COS 1XX.

I am planning on either a BABA MIS and Project Management, or a BLS with triple minors Management, Business Administration, and Project Management.

I will keep this thread updated with what UMPI accepts as credit, the amount of credit awarded, the courses that credit covers, degree program advised by the counselor with my credits and the goal of quick completion, degree program selected, minor selected, courses taken at UMPI, and the timeframes for course completion.

I look forward to any input, questions, comments, concerns, or encouragement anybody may have.
You should review your previous thread and decide on the degree and get as many credits transferred. Instead of the BLS, I recommended the BAS with minors of your choice in your previous thread. You can decide between the BABA vs the BAS, I would skip the BLS with the triple minor as you already have enough technical credits. Here's the reason to it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid415334
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-17-2024, 05:55 PM)AirborneAgent Wrote: Any certifications or military experience?
  1. Law Enforcement Officer - Excelsior offers 39 credits for the academies I attended, as do several others.
  2. Airline Transport Pilot (FAA) - Several colleges offer ~35 credits, Liberty offers 40, but I do not think UMPI will as they do not have an aviation program.
  3. CompTIA Security+
  4. CompTIA Network+
  5. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
  6. Google Project Management
  7. Google IT Support Professional
  8. Google Data Analytics
  9. TEEX - The easiest, fastest credits you will find anywhere.  And they're free.

According to the credit transfer tool on the UMPI website referenced above:
  • IBM Cybersecurity Analyst - 10 credits of GEL 1XX.  
  • Google Project Management - 3 credits of BUS 1XX, 3 of BUS 3XX, and 3 for BUS 400 Project Management Applications.
  • Google IT Support - 12 credits of COS 1XX.
  • Google Data Analytics - 6 credits of BUS 1XX, 3 for BUS 245 Programming for Managers, and 3 credits of COS 3XX.
  • CompTIA Network+ - 3 credits COS 1XX.
  • CompTIA Security+ - 3 credits COS 1XX.

Get those certificates added to your Credly account ASAP if you have not done so already.  I agree that you should opt for the BABA or the BAS (over the BLS)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Wait, doesn't Pierpont have some aviation-related stuff in their catalog?

If you do choose to go the BAS route, it may be worth asking them if you can get any credit for your Airline Transport Pilot license. ~35 is like over a half an Associate's worth of credits. I'm taking a wild guess here now, but if they do accept it for credit, you might be eligible to get an aviation Area of Emphasis on your Board of Governors AAS transcript.
No, with that many RA/Coursera & Sophia.org credits, I'd send everything else for transfer into Pierpont and quickly apply to UMPI for the BABA PM & IS, don't waste time on any other emphasis... If you want the BAS, tell them after you get your evaluation for the BABA PM & IS. You'll be done with the BABA PM & IS faster than the BAS due to one technicality, so, my recommendation right now is this (a copy/paste of the link I sent you from your previous thread)...

Basically, you want to apply and send it all at once as per the dates for Fall 2 Term, I would make sure all have been completed (app, doc, confirmation) BEFORE the application deadline as you don't want to fall through the cracks as some have, use the other dates as reference, such as completing the registration/tuition BEFORE or ON the confirmation date, you want to be 'two weeks' ahead just in case something happens...

TERM Fall 2
APP DEADLINE 09/20/24
DOCUMENT DEADLINE 09/27/24
CONFIRMATION DEADLINE 10/04/24
REGISTRATION DEADLINE 10/22/24
TUITION DEADLINE 10/24/24
START DATE 10/28/24
CLASS END DATE 12/20/24
TERM LENGTH 8 weeks

Get this, as per the steps and dates mentioned above, your Pierpont BOG AAS will be conferred first week of December. You send that info to UMPI to change the program to BAS and complete the remaining UMPI classes by Dec 20. You get your Pierpont diploma shipped end of Jan and your UMPI diploma a month after if you get everything done in 1 session. That's your one-two punch without any extra work, it's a very easy and smooth transition from BOG AAS to UMPI BAS... Don't think of obstacles as obstacles, I think of obstacles as opportunities to get extra ROI/Value and to personalize the learning for the individual.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The BLS and BAS are no longer faster than the BABAs. That was true on Strut but it's not true on Brightspace. I see many people complete their degree in 1 and 2 terms with all 3 degrees. Discord is full of people completing the BLS, BAS, and BABA in 1-2 terms.
Small update on my UMPI transfers.

Watch the dates and exact names of Coursera certificates. Google Project Management and Google Project Management Professional are the same Goog 0003, with the same courses taken, and they transfer the same... but the dates are different.

Google Project Management is the Coursera course name for Ace credit between 8/1/21 and 9/30/24.
Google Project Management Professional is the Coursera course name for Ace credit between 10/1/24 and 9/30/27.

The course certificate name on Coursea has already changed to Google Management Professional on the certificate, but not the initial course name, so it is not counting as transfer credit because of the name change.
Update on the Google Project Management vs Project Management Professional issue.  Coursera chat support escalated the problem to some other department, and they had the problem sorted out about 11 hours later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AirborneAgent's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 10 814 2 hours ago
Last Post: Bunnies2012
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 30 3,879 Today, 07:12 AM
Last Post: azmusic
  European studying umpi your pace . MuneebAzhar 70 4,350 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: kakasahib
  BLS Minor in Management Plan mohelena02 5 323 08-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 32 9,327 08-23-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 0 314 08-21-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 321 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Language requirements at UMPI yc1981 9 918 08-16-2024, 11:08 PM
  Transfer cybersecurity minor/major into UMPI? Robson 11 658 08-16-2024, 12:03 PM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 678 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM