Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU)
Ok, I'm registered for BUS526, Marketing Management in Spring-II and BUS511, Business Landscape for the summer term. Looking forward to starting and seeing how it goes.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • lidel, Vle045
(03-18-2022, 10:09 AM)Flelm Wrote: Ok, I'm registered for BUS526, Marketing Management in Spring-II and BUS511, Business Landscape for the summer term. Looking forward to starting and seeing how it goes.

I've got the same, looking forward to it. I was surprised to see that the Dean is one of the instructors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lidel's post:
  • Vle045
Time for my daily stupid question: How/when do you receive grades? Do you need to ask for a transcript at the end of every class/term?

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
(06-15-2022, 10:36 AM)Flelm Wrote: Time for my daily stupid question: How/when do you receive grades? Do you need to ask for a transcript at the end of every class/term?

Just email your professor to know your grade. No, you do not receive a transcript. Sometimes blackboard will provide a grade other than that email your professor if you are worried about final grades.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(06-15-2022, 10:36 AM)Flelm Wrote: Time for my daily stupid question: How/when do you receive grades? Do you need to ask for a transcript at the end of every class/term?

I have a family member in this program.  They don't get the grades 'receipt' for their work reimbursement until the end of the semester, versus after each course.  There are two (7 week) terms within a semester, they take one course per term - so for example, at the end of the "Spring" semester they get the two grades posted to their transcripts which they use for reimbursement.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-15-2022, 03:09 PM)allvia Wrote:

I have a family member in this program.  They don't get the grades 'receipt' for their work reimbursement until the end of the semester, versus after each course.  There are two (7 week) terms within a semester, they take one course per term - so for example, at the end of the "Spring" semester they get the two grades posted to their transcripts which they use for reimbursement.

Right, I know I got an A in my Spring-II course, but I don't have it in writing anywhere. Do they have to manually ask for the grades, or are they sent to them automatically?

(06-15-2022, 03:54 PM)Flelm Wrote:

Right, I know I got an A in my Spring-II course, but I don't have it in writing anywhere. Do they have to manually ask for the grades, or are they sent to them automatically?

They just told me that they go into SharePoint through the email, and complete an 'unofficial transcript request' which they email to the registrar at the end of each semester (you can get one 'unofficial transcript' free per semester). So it is a manual process, but if you mention it is for tuition reimbursement they get it to you promptly.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(06-15-2022, 03:54 PM)Flelm Wrote:

I literally got either a verbal or a email from prof for every course with my grade at the end of each class. None showed up fully in Blackboard.. I just rolled with it.. In fact my graduation was confirmed before I got one class grade. 

I was chatting with Dean Martin and mentioned that while it didn't bother me much, I also felt that for many being able to see grades and progress towards completion is motivating for most, she agreed. The trick seems to be the IT side that is not quite there yet (with a side serving of profs doing grades in internal not visible to students system and not always in Blackboard with consistency.

This is one aspect of a small school, doesn't make it "OK" but it is understandable. Keep in mind they also are only just shy of 2 years of doing this program mostly online, also working to harmonize Athens and Nashua campus MBA course offerings so timings work better for students in both places.

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • jch
(06-15-2022, 08:04 PM)cerich67 Wrote: In fact my graduation was confirmed before I got one class grade. 

You graduated! That's awesome! Congratulations on your big accomplishment!!
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • cerich67
(06-15-2022, 08:36 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:04 PM)cerich67 Wrote: In fact my graduation was confirmed before I got one class grade. 

You graduated! That's awesome! Congratulations on your big accomplishment!!

Thanks, degree conferral is on the 30th. Should have the diploma within 2 wks after.

I am happy to be done but did really enjoy the program and learn, which was my goal.

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 2 users Like cerich67's post:
  • lidel, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 95 16,447 2 hours ago
Last Post: KMS
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,322 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,744 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,421 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 21 2,682 08-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 350 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 514 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 537 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 875 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM