Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate.
The reason some threads go somewhat off-topic is because the topic itself doesn't draw many (or any) people to add directly to the very specifics of it, so adjacent discussions happen. In this case, there just aren't many (if any) students of California Coast University watching this board. If there are few or no responses, the thread falls away and nothing ever gets answered. But at least if there is some discussion in a thread, a thread may stay visible just long enough for someone who has actually gone to the school to chime in on their experience, so there is a positive side to it.

I'll agree that the discussion I and Duneranger had went off enough, but that's done now.

That said, the matters brought up by myself and Sanantone are relevant to the topic. It directly applies to the degree from the school the OP is asking about in the state where the school exists, it is useful information, including licensure and the accreditation matter both of which should always be mentioned when discussing a licensable field since the OP is not the only person on earth who will be reading the thread, and because the OP may not have been aware of those matters which could affect their decision:

(09-01-2024, 01:38 PM)sanantone Wrote: Since the OP did ask for other recommendations... If you decide you want to do something with your degree in the future, especially since your current occupation is low paying, you might end up regretting the time and money used to earn a doctorate with limited utility. 

Exactly. That is why bringing up licensure and accreditation is relevant, because one can never be sure about what they will want to do in the future, so they should be made aware of these things.
(09-01-2024, 03:11 PM)eLearner Wrote: The reason some threads go somewhat off-topic is because the topic itself doesn't draw many (or any) people to add directly to the very specifics of it, so adjacent discussions happen. In this case, there just aren't many (if any) students of California Coast University watching this board. If there are few or no responses, the thread falls away and nothing ever gets answered. But at least if there is some discussion in a thread, a thread may stay visible just long enough for someone who has actually gone to the school to chime in on their experience, so there is a positive side to it.

I'll agree that the discussion I and Duneranger had went off enough, but that's done now.

That said, the matters brought up by myself and Sanantone are relevant to the topic. It directly applies to the degree from the school the OP is asking about in the state where the school exists, it is useful information, including licensure and the accreditation matter both of which should always be mentioned when discussing a licensable field since the OP is not the only person on earth who will be reading the thread, and because the OP may not have been aware of those matters which could affect their decision:

(09-01-2024, 01:38 PM)sanantone Wrote: Since the OP did ask for other recommendations... If you decide you want to do something with your degree in the future, especially since your current occupation is low paying, you might end up regretting the time and money used to earn a doctorate with limited utility. 

Exactly. That is why bringing up licensure and accreditation is relevant, because one can never be sure about what they will want to do in the future, so they should be made aware of these things.

I don't see that the OP expressed a potential interest in a regulated field, but another member mentioned that they were interested in the educational psychology program. Because of that, it doesn't hurt to mention the potential limitations because others might see this thread and become interested in California Coast University's educational psychology program. 

Even for the OP, future utility should also be considered because people change their minds. Over the years, we've had new members come here with degrees they got just to check the box or to say they have a degree, but they ended up regretting it because they couldn't use the degree for a particular employer, career, license, transfer credits, or admission to another program. So, I agree with you there.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I mentioned that at one point I was interested in their Educational Psychology program to show the OP that had some knowledge of CalCoast. Never did I mention I was interested in licensure. At this point I know what I am getting myself into.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,234 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 194 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 33 4,221 08-31-2024, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Recent NWCU Law experience? txc1500 1 429 08-27-2024, 06:00 AM
Last Post: MFG
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,377 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 132 21,818 08-03-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: wow
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 343 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 507 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 530 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 867 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM