Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
O.P.Jindal Global University UpGrad MBA
I came across this when checking their website: https://jgu.edu.in/jgbs/online-mba/

It doesn't show on UpGrad's MBA list, but they have a page for it if you search for it via Google: https://www.upgrad.com/by/mba-opj-global-university/

The price seems to be at 1.800$ for a 1 year online MBA with some live sessions on weekends. (I live in Eastern Europe, so the time difference isn't that bad)

As I understand, O.P. Jindal is a real university in India that is one of 4 private institutions deemed to be university (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutes_of_Eminence)

I heard that India doesn't recognize online degrees in general. However, this is an Indian university offering online degrees (via Coursera as well). So, are these degrees accredited and recognized internationally? I feel like Coursera wouldn't partner with sketchy universities, but who knows...

What do you guys think about this? They offer a similar (but longer and more expensive) MBA via Coursera. Does anybody here have experience with this?

If this is a legit degree, I feel like it could be a fantastic deal. It is just weird that UpGrad doesn't show it in their MBA listing and that an Indian institution offers online degrees while not accepting online degrees inside their country.

EDIT: I found a landing page for the program as well: https://programs.jguonline.edu.in/online...kAQAvD_BwE
[-] The following 1 user Likes David1477's post:
  • MrPanda
(05-28-2024, 10:13 AM)David1477 Wrote: I came across this when checking their website: https://jgu.edu.in/jgbs/online-mba/

It doesn't show on UpGrad's MBA list, but they have a page for it if you search for it via Google: https://www.upgrad.com/by/mba-opj-global-university/

The price seems to be at 1.800$ for a 1 year online MBA with some live sessions on weekends. (I live in Eastern Europe, so the time difference isn't that bad)

As I understand, O.P. Jindal is a real university in India that is one of 4 private institutions deemed to be university (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institutes_of_Eminence)

I heard that India doesn't recognize online degrees in general. However, this is an Indian university offering online degrees (via Coursera as well). So, are these degrees accredited and recognized internationally? I feel like Coursera wouldn't partner with sketchy universities, but who knows...

What do you guys think about this? They offer a similar (but longer and more expensive) MBA via Coursera. Does anybody here have experience with this?

If this is a legit degree, I feel like it could be a fantastic deal. It is just weird that UpGrad doesn't show it in their MBA listing and that an Indian institution offers online degrees while not accepting online degrees inside their country.
Just my 2 cents : The institution claims to be a member of AACSB, which is misleading since they are not accredited by the organization.
I can live with mentioning AACSB membership, but "Member of AACSB, gold standard of American accreditation" is too damn close to conflating the two concepts.
Not yet, I wouldn't go for them on this UpGrad platform, as the cost is low, so is the learning quality, there is also the 'pain' in learning from LMS (UpGrad). I would highly suggest going with what you mentioned, Coursera instead. The only thing is, they have the MBA with Data Analytics, and it's roughly $150 more at $1950 USD. Do your due diligence, I've mentioned in a few threads before to investigate all reviews and sides of the story, in this case, I've mentioned UpGrad has many students who can't handle their learning system, the quality of what is taught.... Coursera Link: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/mba-bus...lytics-jgu
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-28-2024, 10:43 AM)durain Wrote: I heard that India doesn't recognize online degrees in general. However, this is an Indian university offering online degrees (via Coursera as well). So, are these degrees accredited and recognized internationally? I feel like Coursera wouldn't partner with sketchy universities, but who knows...

Just my 2 cents : The institution claims to be a member of AACSB, which is misleading since they are not accredited by the organization.

India (the Association of Indian Universities specifically, which evaluates foreign education) does not evaluate degrees from foreign universities that are 100% online. Online degrees from legit Indian schools approved by UGC are not a problem. 
I am not vouching for the O P Jindal university or Upgrad. The school and degree are legit. I leave the value of it for a non-Indian student to themselves.
This is a misconception that India doesn't recognize online MBA degrees. It does. Even online MBAs from foreign universities are acceptable in India and vice-versa.

Now, coming to the OP Jindal MBA program with UpGrad, OP Jindal doesn't have good reviews on Quora. Link

There are good reviews as well, but they seem fake. So kindly distinguish between fake and genuine ones.

If I were in your place, I would choose a 2-year full-time online MBA program over a 1-year program.

Additionally, before enrolling with any university, I would check if they are accredited by prominent national and international education bodies. These bodies can be UGC DEB, WES, AICTE, EOCCS, etc.

India does have some great universities offering online MBAs. In case anyone is interested, below I am listing top accredited universities with online MBA program links.

IIM Ahmedabad - Link 
Xavier Institute of Management (XLRI) - Link
SP Jain - Link
Amity University - Link
DY Patil - Link

If you don't meet their admission criteria but still want to pursue your MBA degree, then check the full list of accredited universities in India offering online MBA programs. Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes deependra_d's post:
  • David1477
(06-10-2024, 01:40 AM)deependra_d Wrote: This is a misconception that India doesn't recognize online MBA degrees. It does. Even online MBAs from foreign universities are acceptable in India and vice-versa.

Now, coming to the OP Jindal MBA program with UpGrad, OP Jindal doesn't have good reviews on Quora. Link

There are good reviews as well, but they seem fake. So kindly distinguish between fake and genuine ones.

If I were in your place, I would choose a 2-year full-time online MBA program over a 1-year program.

Additionally, before enrolling with any university, I would check if they are accredited by prominent national and international education bodies. These bodies can be UGC DEB, WES, AICTE, EOCCS, etc.

India does have some great universities offering online MBAs. In case anyone is interested, below I am listing top accredited universities with online MBA program links.

IIM Ahmedabad - Link 
Xavier Institute of Management (XLRI) - Link
SP Jain - Link
Amity University - Link
DY Patil - Link

If you don't meet their admission criteria but still want to pursue your MBA degree, then check the full list of accredited universities in India offering online MBA programs. Link

Thank you very much. Your reply is incredibly helpful!
(06-10-2024, 01:40 AM)deependra_d Wrote: This is a misconception that India doesn't recognize online MBA degrees. It does. Even online MBAs from foreign universities are acceptable in India and vice-versa.

Why do you say that? Every place online indicates that India doesn't recognize foreign degrees earned online:
It's a two sided story, some institutions are authorized, some are not...basically, it really depends on the state they're in, not only the country.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Online Degrees are definitely acceptable in India. As I work in the Educational Industry, I have seen an increase in the admissions for online courses. You can check this article which I think summarizes the acceptability of online degrees - https://www.careers360.com/courses-certi...d-in-india 

There are several universities in India that offer Online MBA degrees. I'll share a few here that I know of but always do your own research before you make a decision on choosing a university. As a user mentioned here, check for accreditations and student reviews. 

Uttaranchal university online mba

- ODL Jain distance learning mba

- Open and Distance MBA in sambalpur university

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 95 16,447 2 hours ago
Last Post: KMS
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,322 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,744 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,421 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 132 21,952 08-03-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: wow
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 350 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 514 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 537 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 875 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM