Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Enrolled: GSU MASS and UoPEOPLE M.ED
If anyone has any questions about either of these programs, I'm here to offer any insight. I know that most of this forum is laser-focused on IT and Business Administration, and thought that social science and education insight may be of use.
 I've completed two semesters (out of 4 for me) at Georgia Southern University in their MASS program, thesis track. I've also begun a Master of Education in Advanced Teaching (Secondary Education track) at UoPeople this term. I'll be doing one course a term and it will take 13 terms or a little over 2.5 years.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
Let me know how/if you can stomach UofPeople. The MEd was something I looked at, but the cohort based grading model and mandatory discussion boards with poor English speakers really turned me off.
[-] The following 2 users Like FireMedic_Philosopher's post:
  • newdegree, Vle045
I have considered UoPeople’s MEd. I don’t really need that degree for anything since I do not plan to teach. But since I work in Education, thought it could be useful. i tried their MBA a few years ago and found the material hard to get in to. That was my first attempt at getting back in to school, so that may have been a factor as well.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
Week one I had a discussion post about education in the US, mine was about 600-700 words. The portfolio assignment was a short personal reflection about the same wordcount. The written assignment was 5 pages about John Dewey, his philosophy, and how the IB uses similar educational philosophies. It will be a few weeks before I get more peer grading obviously but right now the discussion post is doing well. I'll have to see how the written assignment fares.
This is the weekly load, plus there are things you're putting in a portfolio (ironically NOT the "portfolio assignments") for the end of the degree to turn in, several things a course to show teaching style, form, and knowledge.

Right now what bugs me is the instructor. I sent a message and while she was responding to all the other classmates via the "Ask the instructor" thread, didn't reply to my message through moodle. I then messaged her on the thread that she had a message in moodle from me, she said she'd look at it, and still didn't hear back. About 50 hours went by. I just resolved it myself after she said "have you tried xxxx" which I had already said I had tried in the message. If the teacher keeps up this, this first course is going to feel very self-taught and not instructor-led.

I too didn't "need" this degree, I teach and plan to keep teaching college-aged students, but figured it would be nice on the resume.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MSCS / MSAI - from an NA Bsc (UoPeople) somethingdudesomething 11 329 5 hours ago
Last Post: somethingdudesomething
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,325 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 2,060 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  University of Mary Dual MBA/MA in Philosophy, 36 cr Total Jonathan Whatley 10 1,707 01-26-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: MFG
  Emporia State MBA IS & MSIT - AACSB Dual Degree bjcheung77 2 1,746 10-15-2023, 12:57 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest RA CS/IT graduate program that accepts my UoPeople CS Bachelors? mastersDegreeDecision 7 2,234 03-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,525 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  Ditch UoPeople for Walden? Vle045 28 4,816 04-22-2021, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045