Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
post-degree non-traditional credits
Just to be crystal clear, you are applying for a second bachelor's degree in a random major (ASBA, French, physics, whatever...) and pretending you are going to enroll. In reality, you will never complete this program (or you could change your mind or change your major). In your case, it's just a cheaper method of credit banking ($75 vs. $300). If you don't time your transcripts right and need a 3rd eval, you'll need to pay for a TECEP (you can skip actually taking the TECEP).
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:Just to be crystal clear, you are applying for a second bachelor's degree in a random major (ASBA, French, physics, whatever...) and pretending you are going to enroll. In reality, you will never complete this program (or you could change your mind or change your major). In your case, it's just a cheaper method of credit banking ($75 vs. $300). If you don't time your transcripts right and need a 3rd eval, you'll need to pay for a TECEP (you can skip actually taking the TECEP).

but if an applied student is only getting unofficial evals, what would you do to trigger an "official transcript" beyond applying? Does registering for a TECEP do that?
Excelsior Colleges does it for $25 and as many credits at you want at one time. Transcript Update Request Form

I would think COSC and TESU do the same.

dhillbilly Wrote:Excelsior College does this. They charge a fee for the update. Not per test, but per update. No fee for the UExcels. They are added on your transcript "below the degree line".
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Life Long Learning Wrote:Excelsior Colleges does it for $25 and as many credits at you want at one time. Transcript Update Request Form

I would think COSC and TESU do the same.

We might be talking about two different things, but Excelsior seems to charge $270 for credit banking, not $25...

Excelsior College | OneTranscript for credit consolidation
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
We are talking two different things.

jsd Wrote:We might be talking about two different things, but Excelsior seems to charge $270 for credit banking, not $25...

Excelsior College | OneTranscript for credit consolidation
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

cookderosa Wrote:but if an applied student is only getting unofficial evals, what would you do to trigger an "official transcript" beyond applying? Does registering for a TECEP do that?

Don't forget TESU is a very rare zero residency school for folks are going for ASBA, AA, and the AANSM degrees. I also remember someone posting here about being able to graduate without enrolling at all. The only significant barrier to graduating is paying $2300. In this instance, the OP simply needs to bank credits rather than earn a degree. That can be done for 2 evals at $75 and then subsequent for the next year for $114 with a TECEP.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Life Long Learning Wrote:We are talking two different things.

Can you clarify? The poster isn't a current EC student and doesn't appear interested in taking additional UExcels?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

You would need to be a EC student or alumni for the $25 version.

jsd Wrote:Can you clarify? The poster isn't a current EC student and doesn't appear interested in taking additional UExcels?

Gotcha, thanks.

Doesn't seem applicable here, but a good option for others I suppose?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Normally at TESU in order to get an official transcript you must be an enrolled student but alumni are eligible for transcripts. The credit banking at TESU I believe is only for non-TESU students. So if someone graduates from TESU I don't think they are eligible for credit banking at TESU. Both COSC and Excelsior do offer credit banking.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 401 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,464 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 126 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 342 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 861 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,698 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 739 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 411 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,178 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner