Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which class to take?
Hi, for my degree I need one more UL Computer Information Systems class through TESU. The three options (I've done all the others) are CMP-3540 Network Technology, CYB-4210 Cybersecurity Risk Anlys/Mngt, and MKT-4410 Marketing Digital and Social Media. Does anyone have any reasons why I would take one over the others? Thanks!
(03-27-2024, 09:45 AM)ACI Wrote: Hi, for my degree I need one more UL Computer Information Systems class through TESU. The three options (I've done all the others) are CMP-3540 Network Technology, CYB-4210 Cybersecurity Risk Anlys/Mngt, and MKT-4410 Marketing Digital and Social Media. Does anyone have any reasons why I would take one over the others? Thanks!

The ASU course is the preferred option now. TESU no longer accepts Study.com's Digital marketing course as UL. The Network TECEP has a 50% fail rate, so it's a bit of a gamble to take that exam. 

Software engineering is the best course at TESU for CIS. For other courses, it's a matter of how much risk your grade is weighted toward exam scores. MKT-4410 Marketing Digital and Social Media has no exams. Also, some courses aren't available every month.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@ACI, it really depends on your current situation, as it's somewhat unclear if you have enough residency credits or paying the residency waiver fee. If you're just 1 class away from getting residency credits completed, then do the TESU class for Software Engineering. If you've already got enough residency credits (15) to waive the residency waiver fee, then do the ASU classes that come in as UL CIS for your degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2024, 10:18 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @ACI, it really depends on your current situation, as it's somewhat unclear if you have enough residency credits or paying the residency waiver fee. If you're just 1 class away from getting residency credits completed, then do the TESU class for Software Engineering.  If you've already got enough residency credits (15) to waive the residency waiver fee, then do the ASU classes that come in as UL CIS for your degree.

I need to take this final UL class through TESU for residency credit. I am doing a dual degree, so I am already taking the software engineering course for my Computer Science degree. I already have three UL classes overlapping my two degrees: System Analysis, Database Management, and Management Info Systems.
Hmm, what about taking something outside of the three you're looking at, how about this AI class? https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=COS-451
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The Network Technology class has previously been reported to be significantly easier than the exam. Much easier to pass and barely an UL class. Compared to the TECEP, at least.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you do take the Network Technology TECEP - remember that the exam is a wildcard, so you could feel confident in your network knowledge just to be thrown off by some of the questions. That being said, if you are knowledgeable on various networking topics, including server management, LDAP, active directory, etc. you might be fine. You might have luck in passing the exam, I barely passed it (but as I stated in my review - I didn't spend as much time as I wanted preparing for the exam). 

If you end up picking Network Technology:
  • If you have the time to take the Network Technology class and don't like to stress - take the class.
  • If time is a factor and you want to get it done quickly, can handle some stress (and can afford the risk of failing the TECEP) - you can try the TECEP. I feel like odds of the TECEP is a 60% fail, 40% pass.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (118/121)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540)
Coursera: 39 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics, IBM Full Stack Software Developer)
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus)
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government)
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits
Sophia.org: 49 Credits
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits
B&M College: 105.34 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Network Technology Class ACI 3 440 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: ACI
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,528 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Duplicating a Sophia Class dillpickles 8 739 07-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: dillpickles
  BACIS/BSSC TESU Class Advice dernsaw 5 884 12-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com CompSci class order for TESU? CanICode 7 2,062 10-31-2022, 04:54 AM
Last Post: inf
  TESU enrollment and class changes ACI 7 1,433 06-11-2022, 11:20 PM
  Last class needed matt8113 5 1,105 05-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Need refresher course after 1 year of taken a class/TECEP in TESU? StudentOLife 2 893 07-27-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Equivalent class to TESU MAN-331 Human Recourses Management? Jesus is Lord 11 1,466 04-21-2021, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Jesus is Lord
  BSBA CIS Final Class Options rlstrick06 6 1,327 02-04-2021, 10:01 PM