Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last class needed
Hey guys,
       I recently received my academic evaluation for my BSBA in general management. The only course i need to complete is a UL finance or accounting class. I am not the 
greatest with math so suggestions are welcome. I am here to ask is there any alternatives to this besides study.com or devar? Possibly something that doesn't have a proctored exam. Thanks in a advance!
Unfortunately, all alternate credit methods for these kinds of courses are either LL (Sophia) or require a proctored exam.

If you're willing to pay a little more, you could take a UNA course: https://www.una.edu/business/accounting-career-program/ These are self-paced courses and I don't think they have PROCTORED exams (but I could be wrong about that). The syllabus only states that there are exams and they are open-book. This post doesn't mention proctored exams, though they could be: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...egies-Here Some further digging shows that they're probably multiple choice and don't require you to type out an answer. You can also apparently contact UNA faculty if you have difficulty with a course: https://www.efficientlearning.com/cpa/re...r-program/

This post says that at least some Coopersmith Accounting courses don't actually require accounting: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid344825 You could try messaging the poster to see which one(s) they recommend.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-02-2022, 01:26 PM)matt8113 Wrote: Hey guys,
       I recently received my academic evaluation for my BSBA in general management. The only course i need to complete is a UL finance or accounting class. I am not the 
greatest with math so suggestions are welcome. I am here to ask is there any alternatives to this besides study.com or devar? Possibly something that doesn't have a proctored exam. Thanks in a advance!

Hey Matt!

Ask your academic advisor if Managerial Accounting from InstantCert would work. It should go into your evaluation as ACC-312 Financial Accounting II. Although the final is proctored, it is a relatively easy and fairly straightforward class. The good news is that the course requires 700 out of 1000 points overall to pass. So, if you do well in the course but horrible in the final, you can still pass. The other good news is that if you don't score high enough to pass, I think it is only around $20 to retake it. You really can't go wrong with InstantCert.

https://www.instantcert.com/credit_cours...Accounting

OldManOfTheSea
For the price, I'd go the same route as recommended by OldManOfTheSea. However, we don't know what classes you have taken for your AOS. If you want something easy to pass and have membership on Study.com, you can take one of theirs or Davar, but since you mentioned alternatives, StraighterLine has Cost Accounting that is UL, you can practically pass the course before you hit the final exam...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Why are you worried about proctored exams? They don't matter much at SDC for UL courses.

If you score 70% on the papers, which is easy, then you only need 40% on the final to pass.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
SDC is more doable, but for live proctors it can be more of a pain with scheduling. I have a lot of work to take care of each week, and not a lot of available time/space to sit with a proctor due to work and family. Technology can also be an issue. I have several tablets, but no laptop. Though there should not be a difference, I am not allowed to use a tablet with any of the virtual proctors I’ve looked at.

Just saying. It’s not always a fear of the final grade that makes people look for proctorless courses.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - 
BAAS General Studies
BAAS Organizational Leadership 

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Urgent Help Needed: Am I Missing Out on a Double Degree or Associate Degree at TESU? User7364 15 1,271 07-04-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Network Technology Class ACI 3 440 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: ACI
  Which class to take? ACI 6 473 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,528 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Duplicating a Sophia Class dillpickles 8 739 07-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: dillpickles
  BACIS/BSSC TESU Class Advice dernsaw 5 884 12-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com CompSci class order for TESU? CanICode 7 2,062 10-31-2022, 04:54 AM
Last Post: inf
  TESU enrollment and class changes ACI 7 1,433 06-11-2022, 11:20 PM
  Non Western UL History Course Needed vetvso 10 1,582 02-21-2022, 11:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Need refresher course after 1 year of taken a class/TECEP in TESU? StudentOLife 2 893 07-27-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife