Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are FEMA credits?
I'm relatively new the instantcert board and I have seen people talking about FEMA credits they have attained.

I am on the CLEP route as well as portfolio assessment while taking a few classes at the local college for social interaction.

If FEMA is something else I could do to cut down on my social time I wouldn't mind.

Would love to know!!

Thanks a million!
okay for the short version. fema are courses that can be used for college credit. fema uses a community college to transcribe the courses through but its like $70 something per credit hour. You will be able to transfer the credit to any regionally accredited school when you do this. TESC however accepts up to 25 to 27 (depending on your major) of these credits raw which means that you do not have to pay the community college that fema recommends. now you cannot wash the credit from tesc and try to send it through the other members of the big three as they will not accept it. here is the link to read up: Emergency Management Institute - FEMA Independent Study Program
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
These are the courses that TESC accepts for raw credit in the attachment below. HTH
me:
ASBA-TESC-9/2011
BSBA-TESC-6/2012
Awards: Arnold Fletcher Award
MBA-CSU- 5/2014
DBA- undecided

hubby:
A.A.S-TESC-6/2012
BS in Interdisciplinary Studies-Starting Soon
Thanks the link helped
Welcome to the board. Where are you planning to get your degree? Have you also checked out DSST,Aleks, Straighterline, ECE and TECEP's They can all cut down on the time it takes to earn your credits.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
emichele20 Wrote:okay for the short version. fema are courses that can be used for college credit. fema uses a community college to transcribe the courses through but its like $70 something per credit hour. You will be able to transfer the credit to any regionally accredited school when you do this. TESC however accepts up to 25 to 27 (depending on your major) of these credits raw which means that you do not have to pay the community college that fema recommends. now you cannot wash the credit from tesc and try to send it through the other members of the big three as they will not accept it. here is the link to read up: Emergency Management Institute - FEMA Independent Study Program

Good evening i am trying to become a police officer and need credits. so i want accumulate fema credits but i am unsure of how this process goes. Think you give me a hand
That thread is very old and out of date. TESU no longer accepts FEMA credit. You need to give more info to get better answers.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Charter Oak still takes the free FEMA credits though.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
To expound upon Charter Oak and FEMA:

1. Register here to enroll in FEMA courses for free. Do not pay anything to anyone beyond the fees to Charter Oak.
https://training.fema.gov/is/

2. Start with the FEMA Professional Development Series listed at the end of this page and you will end up with a lovely certificate when you complete the seven classes. I would start with Leadership and Influence, go down the list and then back up for the others.
https://training.fema.gov/is/searchis.aspx?search=PDS

3. Then take any other courses on this list until you get the number you need.
https://em-study.com/emsfema/article.php...icle_id=62

4. When you haven taken all the FEMA courses you need, fill out the transcript request form below.
https://training.fema.gov/emiweb/downloa...10-26-2015

5. Have it sent to Registrar, Charter Oak State College, 55 Paul Manafort Drive, New Britain, CT 06053.

6. Now you can apply to Charter Oak.
How to Apply | Charter Oak State College
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
If you are absolutely certain that you don't want to get an associate degree from Charter Oak, then you will need to pay the $515 Credit Registry fee to COSC. They will put all of the FEMA credits on your transcript and you can send it forward.
https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...gistry.cfm

If you decide to get an associate degree, you would pay the $75 fee to enroll. The only class you have to take at COSC is the Cornerstone. Everything else can be taken online or by testing.

Here is an idea of an AS through Straighterline classes and FEMA.

Charter Oak State College
AS in General Studies

1. English Composition - ENG 101 3
2. English Composition II - ENG 102 3
3. Speech Communication - COM 101 3 (or get a waiver)
4. (COSC Cornerstone) 3
5. Business Ethics and Individual Values - PHL 485 3
6. A Biography of America: 1877- 1990's - HIS 102 (or US History I) 3
7. Western Civilization I - HIS 121 3
8. (Need Literature or Fine Arts 3) Can be taken at Shmoop.com
9. Introduction to Sociology - SOC 101 3
10. ALEKS or SL College Algebra or Shmoop Algebra I and II 3
11. Chemistry with Lab - CHE 101/L or Biology I with Lab - BIO 110/L 4
12. Non-lab Science: Introduction to Nutrition - BIO 105 3

That fulfills the general education requirements with 37 hours. The rest are FEMA.
13. FEMA 23
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 859 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 737 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 411 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 218 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 917 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,089 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,074 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,253 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,907 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 1,553 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl