Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayland Baptist Online BSN Program
PARAMURSE Wrote:They weren't jerks about it, she just said they had a board that decides what they want everyone to take to represent a well educated Bachelor's level degree that speaks highly of their university, that sort of thing, and that she can't just override it.

Each class had it's own reason, and some were admittedly a stretch on my part. I took a year of Bio for science majors, but I needed specifically a micro class. I took social psychology, but that counted as a psychology in relation to society, not as a sociology class that I need. I took 'masterpieces of the western world', and it counted as world lit, but not american lit or british lit. I took a year of paramedic school, but none of that counted for my health class (as mentioned). The Old and New Testament classes have to be specifically taken at a Baptist school. I tried to pass my experiences with everything from delivering babies to holding the hand of the dying elderly, crossed with my 9 hrs of psychology, and get out of Human Growth and Development: to no avail. Her answer was basically, "if you think you know it, CLEP." So here I am.

I know you can take many of the pre-reqs along with the nursing school, but I'd like to keep my nursing load light so I can keep those grades up.

The good news? I just got an email 2 weeks ago that they DROPPED THE TUITION RATE BY 10K for the program. So I plan to suck up the massive pre-req load, as it's one of the only full BSN programs online where I can do the clinicals in San'Tone.

Got it. Well, you shouldn't have any trouble with HG&D. That was the first exam I took "back in the day" and I just used an old discarded text book from the 70's lol. (it was free) I found that test to be very predictable. Welcome to the board btw, and congrats on getting started!!
I just got my acceptance letter today for my local accelerated BSN. I've not decided on enrolling yet, it's very expensive and very much on a crazy schedule that would create an upheaval in our family....but oh is it fast. I'd hold that BSN degree in my hand on August 2012 and be off to Hopkins' MSN/DNP midwifery program by Sept (lol one can hope). But, I'm still not sure I'd rather go to nursing school than med school, lots of decisions.
I'm doing the same thing. Right now I have 23 credits off prerequisites left but I plan on cutting that down to 9 before february.

I am pisssd my dantes statistics isn't transferring.
has anyone completed the online program? I wanted to begin nov 2012 but need to get some student insite on the difficulty.
bsnhopeful Wrote:has anyone completed the online program? I wanted to begin nov 2012 but need to get some student insite on the difficulty.

You really should ask this question at allnurses.com. This is not the place to get comprehensive advice on nursing programs.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 343 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,721 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,705 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,030 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 412 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,970 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 545 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 345 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,342 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 745 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen