Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI Plan and Progress
(08-02-2024, 08:00 PM)AirborneAgent Wrote: Update on the Google Project Management vs Project Management Professional issue.  Coursera chat support escalated the problem to some other department, and they had the problem sorted out about 11 hours later.

So will UMPI accept this as 9 credits still? 6 UL and 3 LLs?
(09-08-2024, 09:13 PM)dm.hans32 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 08:00 PM)AirborneAgent Wrote: Update on the Google Project Management vs Project Management Professional issue.  Coursera chat support escalated the problem to some other department, and they had the problem sorted out about 11 hours later.

So will UMPI accept this as 9 credits still? 6 UL and 3 LLs?

Yes.

BUS 1XX
BUS 3XX
BUS 400 Project Management Applications I
[-] The following 1 user Likes AirborneAgent's post:
  • Pikachu
So far I have completed BUS 200, BUS 240, and BUS 260. I am waiting for the milestones to be graded so I can submit the finals for 200 and 260. It seems like the professors take every bit of 72 hours to grade, so make sure you get your finals completed while waiting and submit them as soon as they release that last milestone. In the meantime there has been plenty of time to knock out Intro to Philosophy at SDC.

Once those are graded I will have completed all the courses for a minor in Business Administration.
  • DavidGood
(09-11-2024, 11:38 AM)AirborneAgent Wrote: So far I have completed BUS 200, BUS 240, and BUS 260.  I am waiting for the milestones to be graded so I can submit the finals for 200 and 260.  It seems like the professors take every bit of 72 hours to grade, so make sure you get your finals completed while waiting and submit them as soon as they release that last milestone.  In the meantime there has been plenty of time to knock out Intro to Philosophy at SDC.

Once those are graded I will have completed all the courses for a minor in Business Administration.

You are doing great. I am sitting with 1 class finished. One more just got final draft submitted.

Any tips on speed other than staying off the internet lol?
(09-11-2024, 01:18 PM)DavidGood Wrote:
(09-11-2024, 11:38 AM)AirborneAgent Wrote: So far I have completed BUS 200, BUS 240, and BUS 260.  I am waiting for the milestones to be graded so I can submit the finals for 200 and 260.  It seems like the professors take every bit of 72 hours to grade, so make sure you get your finals completed while waiting and submit them as soon as they release that last milestone.  In the meantime there has been plenty of time to knock out Intro to Philosophy at SDC.

You are doing great. I am sitting with 1 class finished. One more just got final draft submitted.

Any tips on speed other than staying off the internet lol?

As soon as you submit a draft, ask for another class to be opened so you are always working on a course and not waiting for papers to be graded.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-12-2024, 08:35 AM)LevelUP Wrote: As soon as you submit a draft, ask for another class to be opened so you are always working on a course and not waiting for papers to be graded.

Is there a way to submit drafts outside of the final assessment link?  I have been sitting around for days waiting for milestones to be graded in both of my open courses.  These professors are taking every bit of 72 hours, and one of them more than that, to grade milestones.  Finals have been completed for days ready to submit.

I have been tempted to email and ask to add courses while waiting on milestone grading.  This is why I have had time to complete courses at SDC as well.

The largest barrier to completing courses quickly is the grading of milestones. Perhaps this is an attempt to moderate course completion speed this term, but I am disappointed in having so much down time when I completely cleared my calendar leading into this.

Edit: I just added another SDC course, Criminal Law, because I have nothing else to do.
  • RachelB
(09-12-2024, 09:06 AM)AirborneAgent Wrote:
(09-12-2024, 08:35 AM)LevelUP Wrote: As soon as you submit a draft, ask for another class to be opened so you are always working on a course and not waiting for papers to be graded.

Is there a way to submit drafts outside of the final assessment link?  I have been sitting around for days waiting for milestones to be graded in both of my open courses.  These professors are taking every bit of 72 hours, and one of them more than that, to grade milestones.  Finals have been completed for days ready to submit.  

I have been tempted to email and ask to add courses while waiting on milestone grading.  This is why I have had time to complete courses at SDC as well.

The largest barrier to completing courses quickly is the grading of milestones.  Perhaps this is an attempt to moderate course completion speed this term, but I am disappointed in having so much down time when I completely cleared my calendar leading into this.

Edit:  I just added another SDC course, Criminal Law, because I have nothing else to do.

You must wait until the Final Assessment window opens to submit a FA. Professors have 72 hours to grade the Milestones. If you're past that 72 hour mark, send an email letting them know you submitted the Miestones. You can't add another course until the FA is submitted. You'll need the FA submission screenshot when you email your course addition request. There's a protocol to follow. Professors have lots of students. Many also teach on campus.
(09-12-2024, 09:49 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You must wait until the Final Assessment window opens to submit a FA. Professors have 72 hours to grade the Milestones. If you're past that 72 hour mark, send an email letting them know you submitted the Miestones. You can't add another course until the FA is submitted. You'll need the FA submission screenshot when you email your course addition request. There's a protocol to follow. Professors have lots of students. Many also teach on campus.

I had emailed the one professor in Gmail with no response.  I just looked to email again and now see the instructor has changed, which could have caused my milestone to have been overlooked in the transition.

Does emailing in Gmail or Brightspace usually work better?
(09-12-2024, 10:34 AM)AirborneAgent Wrote:
(09-12-2024, 09:49 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You must wait until the Final Assessment window opens to submit a FA. Professors have 72 hours to grade the Milestones. If you're past that 72 hour mark, send an email letting them know you submitted the Miestones. You can't add another course until the FA is submitted. You'll need the FA submission screenshot when you email your course addition request. There's a protocol to follow. Professors have lots of students. Many also teach on campus.

I had emailed the one professor in Gmail with no response.  I just looked to email again and now see the instructor has changed, which could have caused my milestone to have been overlooked in the transition.

Does emailing in Gmail or Brightspace usually work better?

You need to use your UMPI email to contact professors.
(09-12-2024, 11:51 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You need to use your UMPI email to contact professors.

That’s what I figured. The Maine.edu Gmail is the one I had used already.  I tried the Brightspace mail system also this morning.  Hopefully things get moving tomorrow.  It’s been since the morning of the 8th for one class and the morning of the 9th for the other.  I’m just ready to move on to the next courses and sitting around idly.

I did just finish Criminal Law on SDC in one day with that time though.

Edit: Brightspace mail was the one replied to. Draft final submitted. POS 332: Constitutional Law added.
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 798 5 minutes ago
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,463 3 hours ago
Last Post: psychcs
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 5 306 Yesterday, 10:52 PM
Last Post: DavidGood
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 629 Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 4 446 Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 695 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 222 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 216 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,539 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  How to send Duolingo results to UMPI Solden81 4 290 09-12-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77