Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
Thanks, Kyle - I also forgot BUS 489 on my list. So, it's 14 minus whatever I can do this week on Study.com or through other methods. I will do all five of the Study.com ones if I can, but I doubt I can. I'm guesstimating I can do those two.

Calculus, even Sophia calculus, may not be better for me than MAT 140. My running joke is that the most advanced math class I have taken was called "Division: Multiplication's Tricky Pal." In reality, it was Mathematics of Finance, and before that, high school algebra.

@bjcheung, the speed definitely varies per person and situation, and it would be a mistake for anybody to list timing as a general rule that applies to everybody! Thanks for the reminder.
(06-25-2024, 02:48 PM)Kjnova Wrote: Thanks, Kyle - I also forgot BUS 489 on my list. So, it's 14 minus whatever I can do this week on Study.com or through other methods. I will do all five of the Study.com ones if I can, but I doubt I can. I'm guesstimating I can do those two.

Calculus, even Sophia calculus, may not be better for me than MAT 140. My running joke is that the most advanced math class I have taken was called "Division: Multiplication's Tricky Pal." In reality, it was Mathematics of Finance, and before that, high school algebra.

@bjcheung, the speed definitely varies per person and situation, and it would be a mistake for anybody to list timing as a general rule that applies to everybody! Thanks for the reminder.

Not a problem at all and totally understand about the Calculus. My wife happened to be a math major and really helped me out with the concepts, I am fortunate in that regard. I just wanted to make sure you knew it was an option! I'm going to send you a PM so we don't gunk this thread up
[-] The following 1 user Likes kyledudedog's post:
  • Kjnova
Name: BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
Subject: Business
Semester/Term: Summer 2024
Instructor: Bell
Long or Short?: Short
Number of Outcomes: 3? 
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: Word document, excel spreadsheet, and powerpoint presentation
Type of Final Assessment: combination of these three things with some additional embellishments
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Overall and easy course, but a little tedious. The information is solid, but the approaches themselves can be outdated. Word isnt used like the milestones/final requires in the real world.

Name: BUS 244 - Management Information System
Instructor: Siddiqui
Long or Short?: Short/Medium
Number of Outcomes: 3
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: 1000-2000 word essays on topics relating to management systems in the tech space
Type of Final Assessment: Longer essay answering some specific questions on an article and then some more general questions relating to how you would address the issues noted in the article
Notes & Overall Thoughts: While not a hard class, the information can be as in-depth as you want it to be. Overall fun. Siddiqui was very nice, with some canned responses and then additional personalized feedback. I had to email him once and then the advisor about a weird delay on my draft and final, but after the emails, he responded with the grade. About a week later, he came back with some very good feedback that he took a little while to write. I think he may have been busy before, but still.

Name: BUS 359 - IT Project Management
Instructor: Furst
Long or Short?: short/Medium
Number of Outcomes: 6  
Number of Milestone Activities: 5
Type of Milestone Activities: Short reflection word documents and sometimes longer essay style writing
Type of Final Assessment: combination of prior milestones and then a project plan with multiple parts
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Once again, an interesting class. It takes what you are learning and does a rather good job at having you apply it to a IT Project. The professor, director of IT at ums/umpi, feels not only involved, but knowledgeable about things you are learning and provides internal templates that they use in the facility for you to use.
[-] The following 2 users Like tdat314's post:
  • gamebradie, Pikachu
does anyone have feedback reviews, thoughts, for the UMPI educational EDU courses? EDU 305, EDU 210, EDU 357 , EDU 362, EDU 364, EDU 378
BUS 330 (Marketing Mgmt)-Currently taking it and I would say it's on the long side for FA2024

BUS 330 Marketing Management (Brighspace) fall 2024
Name: BUS 330 Marketing Management
Subject: Business/Marketing
Semester/Term: Fall Term 1 2024
Instructor: McDivitt
Long or Short?: Long
Number of Outcomes: 7 (if including intro and final then 9)
Adaptive Outcomes?: No
Number of Milestone Activities: 7 Documents
Type of Milestone Activities: 2 pages single spaced Memoradums (APA) about marketing plan. Half of the milestones will be part of the final with no or little modification
Type of Final Assessment: 12-15 pages (whatever spaced) marketing plan about a project, i.e the same as the milestones
Notes & Overall Thoughts: The topic is a common sense business one with enough sources from the class', no need for outside sources. The class is an easy one to get an A. Not a fast class thought. I've had a about 8-6hrs a day and I am almost midway in 3 days in....
Name: BUS 231 Quality Management
Subject: Business
Semester/Term: Fall Term 2 2023
Instructor: Good
Long or Short?: Short
Number of Milestone Activities: 4
Type of Milestone Activities: 500-750 word paper on scenarios related to content 
Type of Final Assessment: Paper 1-1500 word paper where you analyzed a fictional company.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: The milestones are quick, but the final took me a few days. Great professor and I liked the class.

Name: BUS 200 Intermediate Business Computing
Semester/Term: Fall Term 2 2023
Instructor: Humphrey
Number of Milestone Activities: 3
Type of Milestone Activities: Word brochure, Excel, and PowerPoint
Type of Final Assessment: Make a Word brochure, excel analysis and powerpoint presentation on a topic.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy class where you learn to use word, excel and powerpoint.

Name: BUS 244 Management Information Systems
Semester/Term: Spring Term 1 2024
Instructor: Siddiqui
Type of Milestone Activities: medium length papers
Type of Final Assessment: A paper where you answer 10-12 questions related to scenarios.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy if you have a basic understanding on how to use information technology in relation to business.

Name: MAT 140 Mathematics for Business
Subject: Math
Instructor: Trudel
Number of Milestone Activities: 5
Type of Milestone Activities: 4-9 math questions
Type of Final Assessment: Powerpoint with voiceover answering payroll questions
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Easy class though some of the questions can be confusing. Professor was responsive.

Name: BUS 220 Manegerial Accounting
Instructor: Emery
Long or Short?: Medium
Type of Milestone Activities: Short papers and answering accounting question, creating and calculating budgets.
Type of Final Assessment: Aswer 14-15 accounting questions using excel and word.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: This was an interesting class as I dindn't have alot of accounting knowledge going in, it was straight forward. Make a list of all the formulas in the modules and things will be clearer. Stacey Amery was a great professor who graded everything within 24 hours (even the draft final and final)

Name: BUS 323 Fundamentals of Supply Chain and Logistics
Instructor: Good
Number of Milestone Activities: 7
Type of Milestone Activities: 3-5 questions 
Type of Final Assessment: 4-5 page APA paper on a supply plan.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Professor was responsive and graded on time, class was straightforward.

Name: BUS 240 Change Management
Semester/Term: Spring Term 2 2024
Instructor: Richards
Type of Milestone Activities: 1-2 page APA papers   
Type of Final Assessment: 4-5 page APA paper on a change management plan.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: It was a good class and everything builds up for the final.

Name: BUS 440 Business Analytics
Instructor: Winslow
Type of Milestone Activities: 1-2 page APA papers   
Type of Final Assessment: 2000-3000 word APA paper on a change management plan.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: I was expecting some excel or data analysis but it was all writing and analysis was more qualitative than quantitative. It was a quick class.

Name: BUS 363 Sourcing Analysis
Instructor: Michaud
Number of Milestone Activities: 4-6
Type of Milestone Activities: 2 voice over powerpoint, 2 infographics, 2 short answer papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: 5-7 pages APA paper.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Quick grading and straight forward.

Name: BUS 218 Materials and Inventory Management 
Instructor: Nonken
Long or Short?: medium
Type of Milestone Activities: 1 paper, 1 infographic, 2 voice over powerpoint.   
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Professor is responsive and provides a lot of notes on feedback.

Name: BUS 412 Supplier Relationship Management 
Instructor: Curran
Type of Milestone Activities: 4-8 page APA papers.   
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Graded quickly and was an interesting class.

Name: BUS 325 Financial Management 
Semester/Term: Summer Term 1 2024
Number of Milestone Activities: 7
Type of Milestone Activities: 3 voiceover powerpoint, 1 infographic, 1 excel, 2 papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: Voice over powerpoint answering case study.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: tough class for me but professor Graded quickly, do the draft and you'll be fine.

Name: BUS 469 Strategic Professional Communication
Semester/Term: Summer Term 1 2024
Instructor: Lynds
Type of Milestone Activities: short answer question.   
Type of Final Assessment: 5-7 pages APA paper, powerpoint, video recording of you giving speech.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: Great class, once you do the paper the rest is straight forward, Professor was very helpful and attentive.

Name: BUS 452 Channel Management
Semester/Term: Summer Term 2 2024
Instructor: Curran
Type of Milestone Activities: papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: voiceover powerpoint based on the papers to put everything together.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: great class, Professor was quickon grading.

Name: BUS 415 Operations Management
Semester/Term: Summer Term 2 2024
Type of Milestone Activities: 2-3 page papers.   
Type of Final Assessment: 7-8 pages APA paper.
Notes & Overall Thoughts: hard class but everything builds up
[-] The following 1 user Likes psychcs's post:
  • gamebradie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 16 966 9 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 23 1,564 7 hours ago
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  UMPI Accounting Assistance NewbieLearner 9 301 Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 8 515 Yesterday, 08:39 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  MAOL - Save For Last Class Question CCCollege 1 163 09-22-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Coursera Google PM Cert to UMPI dm.hans32 0 139 09-20-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 5 519 09-19-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 571 09-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 895 09-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 742 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger