Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BABA LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT PROGRAM.
Do you have other credits that you haven't already listed? If all you have are Sophia credits, the wiki can give you a good idea of what will go where so that you don't have to wait: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-31-2023, 10:05 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Gijaodola, I see you followed my recommendation on your previous thread, I suggest following advice on this thread and your previous one, plus it's great you're creating a new post with the addendum/template to give us a better overview picture, https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...I-yourpace

You really need to tell us what the AAS is in, you may already have credits that go into your degree and you've completed duplicates with Sophia.org, I would recommend waiting for a Fall II session or even delay to a later session so you can finish all your Sophia.org classes that will hit the max transfer.

Complete the missing courses mentioned by pjmix2000 and rachel83az, link us to your academic evaluation when you receive it, save the file as a pdf or picture to your one/google drive and make it viewable (not editable).  Once we see what is remaining, we can recommend you the options to take for those courses, it should be the same recommendations on the WIKI.
AAS IS AN ASSOCIATE degree I earned back in my home country. Is a total of 62 credit. I have evalute with an accredited body here in the states. But it hasn’t been evaluated yet by UMPI in other for me to see if any courses i took can be transferred towards my degree program. I was asked to submit a letter of English proficiency from my school which i did and i was able to get admitted for the program. My concerns was since its was an international degree i may not be able to get any courses transferred,so i decided to take classes on Sophia in other to be on safe side while waiting for it to be evaluated by umpi. Now that I’m able to complete some classes on Sophia I believe there’s no penalty for having duplicated classes. I still have to complete the human biology lab, but i have 2 touchstone classes waiting to be graded that’s why I haven’t started with the human biology lab yet. I hope if i am able to take the classes suggested on this thread couple with the ones I already taken that will cover for all my GED COURSES Ned for my program? Please i want to know if i want to submit my google project management certification that i took can it be transferred towards this program? And if yes how should i go about it. Thank you.
AAS IS AN ASSOCIATE - That I already know, again, what is it in? Business, IT, what subject? It's hard to give concrete advice without knowing what you have on the table. Your general education courses should be complete if you do the corresponding Sophia.org classes on the WIKI (and when your Biology & Lab is done). If your Google PM cert has ACE credit recommendations, it's done through Credly, if it's not got the ACE credit, you can't get anything from it...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
UMPI will NOT evaluate a degree from outside the US. A degree earned outside the US has to be evaluated by an agency such as WES. You should contact Shea to find out what specifically you need to apply. 

https://www.umpi.edu/campus-directory/shea-cushman/
If you have already had your degree evaluated, share that information here, minus any personal information (like your name). We can get a pretty good idea regarding what will be accepted and what won't by looking at the evaluation.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hi everyone,

Just an update. I was able to extend my start date to January 2024, after I was admitted for the BABA in management and leadership program. And I was able to take on Sophia.com base on all the classes I have taken I will have 17 courses left to take with umpi for me to graduate. My concerns is since I’m not starting anytime soon and I have 1month left on my Sophia subscription. I was thinking if I should take both English classes with sophia and that will knock down my classes to 15. And can anyone tell me if I can complete 15 courses in 2 terms that will be 16weeks. And finally here are list of all classes I have completed ️ need to know if they all can be transferred towards my program.

Classes Done.                                                  

Ancient Greek philosopher                                 
Art history l.                                                     
Art history ll.                                                       
Business ethic                                                  
Business law 
College algebra 
Conflict Resolution 
Critical thinking 
Developing effective teams 
Environmental science 
Financial accounting foundation of statistics 
Human biology 
Human biology labs. ( waiting for final touchstone to be graded)
Introduction to business 
Introduction to ethic
Introduction to information technology 
Introduction to sociology (embracing diversity and collaboration)
Introduction to statistics 
Introduction to web development 
Macro-economics
Micro -economics 
Principal of finance
Project management 
Spanish 1
The essential managing conflict 
U.S government 
U.S history l
Visual communication.

Remaining Classes.

English composition l
English composition ll
Organizational communication 
Intermediate business computing 
Managerial accounting 
Management information system 
Financial management 
Business analytics 
Strategic professional communications 
Mathematics for business 
Change management 
Leadership
Human Resources Management 
Marketing management 
Organization behavior 
Operations Management 
Business policy and strategy 

The course I want to study is BABA IN MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP PROGRAM. 

Thanks guy’s.
Everything I have read has suggested to take Comp 1 & 2 at UMPI, as the process can take several weeks on Sophia. There are numerous touchstones and each one has to be graded before moving onto the next. It can take quite a bit of time. I’m pursuing the same path as you, and in the free time before my FALL 2 session started, I took two classes on study.com. The leadership equivalent is easy and the change management course on study has 2 projects now, I believe. Additionally both have proctored final tests. That’s all the advice I can give. I’m expecting to take 13 courses with Umpi starting Fall 2
Workplace communication should fulfill the org communication requirement.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
Since you have a lot of time remaining until you tart in Jan 2024, I'd recommend that you continue to knock out as many courses through alternate credit as possible. If you have time left on your Sophia subscription then definitely take Workplace Communication (equivalent to COM 210 Organizational Communication) to get your course requirement number down to 16. You can also do the following courses at Saylor Academy (for $5 per proctored exam attempt) or Study.com:

Management Information Systems
Marketing Management
Organization Behavior
Managerial Accounting
[Operations Management

Leadership (Study.com only)

Therefore, you would end up with the following ten courses remaining to take at UMPI:

English Composition l
English Composition ll

Intermediate Business Computing 
Financial Management 
Business Analytics 
Mathematics for Business 
Change Management 
Strategic Professional Communication
Business Policy and Strategy

If you are a good writer and have good luck with your professor draw, these ten courses could be done in one session, or two sessions easily, if you have bad luck.
(09-17-2023, 07:10 AM)turbotortuga Wrote: Since you have a lot of time remaining until you tart in Jan 2024, I'd recommend that you continue to knock out as many courses through alternate credit as possible. If you have time left on your Sophia subscription then definitely take Workplace Communication (equivalent to COM 210 Organizational Communication) to get your course requirement number down to 16. You can also do the following courses at Saylor Academy (for $5 per proctored exam attempt) or Study.com:

Management Information Systems
Marketing Management
Organization Behavior
Managerial Accounting
[Operations Management

Leadership (Study.com only)

Therefore, you would end up with the following ten courses remaining to take at UMPI:

English Composition l
English Composition ll

Intermediate Business Computing 
Financial Management 
Business Analytics 
Mathematics for Business 
Change Management 
Strategic Professional Communication
Business Policy and Strategy

If you are a good writer and have good luck with your professor draw, these ten courses could be done in one session, or two sessions easily, if you have bad luck.

Thank you for this insight thought ,I really appreciate it and I will follow your advice. But I want to know how is this saylor academy work is it like Sophia but you have to take the final exams protured or it has a different structure of learning. I will appreciate your advice on that . Thank you one again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 810 1 hour ago
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 91,480 4 hours ago
Last Post: psychcs
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 15 640 Yesterday, 09:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 4 448 Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 696 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 223 09-15-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 216 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,543 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  How to send Duolingo results to UMPI Solden81 4 293 09-12-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 19 1,303 09-12-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent