Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took College Composition Today!
After months of procrastination I finally took my first Clep exam which was College Composition! This is the first of three tests towards satisfying my prerequisites for law school admission. I am so excited that I pulled the trigger and actually made it to my exam instead of canceling and rationalizing excuses. What I did to combat my procrastination was go on the college board site and pay for my exam. Since there are no refunds I had to take the test. If anyone has been putting off taking any Clep test I recommend buying the test so you don't have a choice to back out.

What I did to study for this test was to do 2 petersons practice tests, first score I got a 68 second an 82. And as for the essays I just read over some old essays I wrote in English class at my community college. I think my writing is pretty good as I usually have 100%s on college level essays.

The timing was a killer on the first essay. My question had to do with if art loses its artistic value once success has been reached commercially. This was difficult for me as I have no experience dealing with art but pounded out a 4 paragraph essay. Ran out of time so my 4th paragraph was my conclusion

The second essay topic was whether colleges and universities should make general education classes optional to save in tuition costs and allow students a professional training program. Math, sciences, philosophy, etc. Would be optional. I chose to keep them mandatory as I had the most examples i could argue in favor of general ed. One thing is that I got half way through my essay and the screen froze for a few seconds and while trying to type a large chunk of my essay got deleted. I had to call in an associate who looked into it. I fortunately was able to recover what I had lost with the undo button but lost 5 minutes. I finished my essay with 4 minutes to spare and corrected typos. All in all I am glad its over and I am pumped for the next two tests. Next stop college math and either humanities or biology.
Please as a reminder to everyone who has actually taken an exam, you are NOT to share the questions, prompts, or possible multiple-choice answers! OP, you did not pay attention to the confidentiality policy screen (which you had to agree to in order to test)!
how did you do on your English composition with essay. I know it has been a while, however I am also cleping out of all my credits for law school admission so I was very interested in how you are doing with the program. This is my last Clep. I have already taken Humanities and Social Sciences and History.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,659 Yesterday, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,734 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,004 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,328 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 618 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 429 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 750 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 293 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,110 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 22 3,362 05-31-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Thfuriene