Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The top college in terms of clep and dantes
RBOWMAN Wrote:I'd be real interested to hear everyone's opinion on cooperation they have rec'd from their college regarding clep and dantes programs. I have always heard that Thomas Edison, Excelsior, and Ohio U. were the best in cooperating and facilitating degree earning in a timely fashion. Thoughts..pros ,cons.. suggestions on pitfalls to avoid?

Excelsior has been outstanding regarding CLEP, DSST and planning. Also, they accepted all my old credits from 20+ years ago. Go Excelsior!
Since Iam still waiting on my Civil War test results I felt this would be an appropriate way to say..my college credits were over 30 years old, 48 credits to be exact, and TESC took them all without hesitaCool ncy. Darn nice of those folks, wouldn't ya say.
RBOWMAN Wrote:Since Iam still waiting on my Civil War test results I felt this would be an appropriate way to say..my college credits were over 30 years old, 48 credits to be exact, and TESC took them all without hesitaCool ncy. Darn nice of those folks, wouldn't ya say.

[SIZE="3"]And you thought your 30 year credits went south, seceded, turned old and gray, and lost all hope of winning; no wait your credits were actually true blue!![/SIZE]

Rolleyes
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]And you thought your 30 year credits went south, seceded, turned old and gray, and lost all hope of winning; no wait your credits were actually true blue!![/SIZE]

Rolleyes

Excelsior took not only my credits from (ahem) 15 years ago AND they took 11 hours of Microsoft exams! Even my Linux+ counted for something like 2 UL credits, I was shocked! The only hours I have from actual class time are the 30 hours I took waaaaay back in school. Everything else has been by examination!

And speaking of true blue - I just got my Civil War results - 59!! Whoo Hoo! I studied just enough! Nothing worse then knocking it out of the park with something in the 60's or higher when (at least at EC) usually mid 50's get you an A; just means you over-studied.
Big Grin
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"]
Best of luck,
Joanne [/size]
[SIZE="1"]
31 hours traditional schooling
11 Microsoft exams, 1 Linux+, 2 ICCP's, 6 CLEP's, 12 DSSTs, and 6 ECE's
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"]Degree Completed!
BS in Liberal Studies[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
And speaking of true blue - I just got my Civil War results - 59!! Whoo Hoo! I studied just enough! Nothing worse then knocking it out of the park with something in the 60's or higher when (at least at EC) usually mid 50's get you an A; just means you over-studied.
Big Grin[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Way to go - Yank!!!![/SIZE]
Okay Iam a Yankee. I suspect you could tell by my accent. Congrats, on passing your Civil War and on Excelsior taking all your credits. There is something very great about knowing we are all in this boat together and no one has wanted to throw anyone overboard yet. Right??? Huh??
RBOWMAN Wrote:Okay Iam a Yankee. I suspect you could tell by my accent.

For 25 bonus points...

I am an American but I am neither a Yankee nor a Confederate! What am I? Discuss!
snazzlefrag Wrote:For 25 bonus points...

I am an American but I am neither a Yankee nor a Confederate! What am I? Discuss!

[SIZE="3"]I'll take a guess - you're a TEXAN!!! ??[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:I'll take a guess - you're a TEXAN!!! ??

You have answered incorrectly! Lose ten points!

hilarious
snazzlefrag Wrote:You have answered incorrectly! Lose ten points!

hilarious

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]OK, ten points you can have but not ten upper or lower level credits!

I'll guess again - Either: Hawaiian, Alaskan, US Territory, or come from a territory that was not in the Union at the start of the war...??????[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,948 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 825 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 205 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 175,162 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,897 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,457 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,511 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 515 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 897 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 333 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox