Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible?
If you have Java/Python experience already, there's no good reason why you can't finish a Java/Python class quickly. It'll probably be all review for you, so you wouldn't exactly be learning much anyway.

Calculus is... mmm... if you're not from the US, there's a good chance that you took it in HS. If so, you wouldn't exactly be learning anything new at Sophia. Plus, a lot of Comp Sci people never need to use Calculus again after leaving school. Discrete Math is almost certainly more useful for most. Or Linear Algebra. But Linear Algebra isn't required for a TESU degree.

Depending on what kind of monetary budget you have, the English Comp TECEPs could work out to be just as cheap (but easier than) the Sophia classes.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • BrianFallon, origamishuttle
I'm hoping no one actually tries to do 23 courses in one month. Wasn't someone doing an absurd amount the beginning of the end for schools accepting Shmoop?
[-] The following 1 user Likes tensen's post:
  • ss20ts
Shmoop was a strange ACE provider with course prep material that had its own flair, I really didn't like it but took their initial 3 History course offerings anyway. I don't think it was the speed that people could finish, it was the course material and way it was presented in addition to the proctoring that did them in...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-31-2023, 03:59 PM)tensen Wrote: I'm hoping no one actually tries to do 23 courses in one month.  Wasn't someone doing an absurd amount the beginning of the end for schools accepting Shmoop?

There are some people who do over 10 courses in one week on Sophia. On the TESU transcript, nobody knows how long it took you to do each course, and it doesn't even mention Sophia. (Just says ACE transfer)

If you can do Sophia/Study.com fast, then grab the double degree CS/CIS.

Compared to on-campus credits, alt credits are much faster.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Gracieflores27

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 158 92,632 11 hours ago
Last Post: MissRN
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 13 1,065 Today, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wow
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 186 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 204 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,485 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 333 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 508 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 445 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,195 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 461 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee