Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Calculus!
I think it's more likely to be a sale of some sort since the email continues with: "Tomorrow, we’ll share some news that’ll make Sophia your back to school an even more powerful way to save time and money on your degree — and make this your best back-to-school season yet."

In any case, we'll find out in less than a day.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • jsd
I agree it's most likely some sort of sale or possibly a new or stronger partnership with one or more colleges. This is purely speculation, though.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Or maybe they plan to offer a new service such as tutoring. Hmm.

Speculation so far
1. Back-to-school sale
2. UL credits
3. New service

Place your bets.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
They also posted this on their Facebook page

Shhhh. Don’t look now, but Sophia Learning is about to make a big announcement that could help you have the best back-to-school season ever. We can’t tell you what it is… yet. But we’re pretty sure you’re going to love it.

Check back on August 16 to get the details. https://bit.ly/3SPh37y
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • origamishuttle
At around midnight, Sophia started showing a banner for 25% off your first month. If that's all it is, they really over-hyped the whole thing. $75 for your first month isn't bad, but they've done better in the past.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • carrythenothing, jch, LevelUP
LOL, yeah. It is the first thing I see on their website this morning before signing in.

Back to School Savings: Sign up for a new monthly subscription and get 25% off your first month. Just use code BTS22 by Sept 15th.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-16-2022, 05:09 AM)rachel83az Wrote: At around midnight, Sophia started showing a banner for 25% off your first month. If that's all it is, they really over-hyped the whole thing. $75 for your first month isn't bad, but they've done better in the past.

wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(07-14-2022, 03:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OMG, I am math phobic, I have a hard time with math or something! Calculus is one of my final courses I need to take for the TESU BA Computer Science!  I had a hard time with Statistics from ALEKS as it's Calculus based.  I took Intro to Stats at StraighterLine and also ran into trouble as that was Calculus based too!  Finally passed Stats with Business Statistics also at StraighterLine as it was Algebra based instead... If I don't get past this Sophia.org option, I'll go the Study.com route... Let's hope I pass on the first try! <crossing fingers>

Did you end up passing Calc 1 on Sophia and did it transfer to TESU?
(09-29-2022, 11:50 PM)CanICode Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 03:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OMG, I am math phobic, I have a hard time with math or something! Calculus is one of my final courses I need to take for the TESU BA Computer Science!  I had a hard time with Statistics from ALEKS as it's Calculus based.  I took Intro to Stats at StraighterLine and also ran into trouble as that was Calculus based too!  Finally passed Stats with Business Statistics also at StraighterLine as it was Algebra based instead... If I don't get past this Sophia.org option, I'll go the Study.com route... Let's hope I pass on the first try! <crossing fingers>

Did you end up passing Calc 1 on Sophia and did it transfer to TESU?

It is already confirmed that Sophia Calculus transfers to both TESU and WGU.
Quick question - did anyone manage to successfully transfer the class to UMPI? Or anyone planning to in the near future? Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 158 92,811 Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 13 1,086 Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Last Post: wow
Photo Sophia Final Milestone ID Verification jg_nuy 4 196 09-16-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,490 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 334 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 511 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 453 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 463 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 846 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 912 07-26-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts