Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List?
Life's been busy. Haven't been here for a while. I'm trying to finally nail down a degree plan going forward, especially since Study.com has a great sale going on (to catch the last few credits before transferring them to TESU or Liberty)...

But I just pulled up my old bookmark for a page on Sophia that showed how TESU brought in their courses. The page no longer exists and I've seen mention that it's a gray area now.

So what's the current situation between Sophia and TESU? How do I determine exactly what spaces my Sophia credits fill?

Thanks for any help.
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
Check the list on the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List
Also post your degree plan in the appropriate section so people can check it.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(08-08-2024, 12:22 PM)jch Wrote: Check the list on the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List  
Also post your degree plan in the appropriate section so people can check it.

Thanks. I did see that wiki page and was hoping it was mostly accurate. Part of the problem with Excelsior is not knowing exactly how courses transfer, which knocked them out of the running for me. But it's different when I've already taken the classes and am now hoping they will transfer the way they did, if they transfer at all.
Working towards:
  • BS Business @ Excelsior
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 157 91,492 Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 12 941 09-12-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: wow
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,130 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
  Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live homeschoolmom1 20 1,432 09-10-2024, 08:22 PM
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 308 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fastest Saylor courses? evadne 3 350 08-25-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 487 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 423 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  TESU MAN-4350 bigkahoona724 3 382 08-16-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 816 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood