Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marketing and Criminology on Sophia live
Principles of Marketing (1 Touchstone) and Criminology (2 Touchstones) are now live on Sophia Learning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes homeschoolmom1's post:
  • jch
(07-31-2024, 03:37 PM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: Principles of Marketing (1 Touchstone) and Criminology (2 Touchstones) are now live on Sophia Learning.

They've been available for a few days. Can't wait to see how these transfer to UMPI!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • DavidGood
Those courses have touchstones but no final exams.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • DavidGood
Marketing has 1 touchstone - marketing plan for 1500 words. Criminology has 2 fairly short touchstones - 500 words and 750 words minimum.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
I am very curious of how Marketing at Sophia will come in at TESU. Keeping fingers crossed for UL.
(08-02-2024, 09:20 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: I am very curious of how Marketing at Sophia will come in at TESU. Keeping fingers crossed for UL.
I took it, to see. It didn’t come in under Introduction to Marketing, at TESU. I’ll call them, to see if that can be changed, and will reply with any updates. 

On another note, I couldn’t find any reference to Sophia’s Critical Thinking course, as far as it transferring to TESU. I completed it, and it transferred as intended to PHI-130, Intro to Critical Thinking. For anyone who can update the wiki. 

My first post here, so this was meant as a thank you for all of the helpful threads on the forum. Figured I’d be the guinea pig for these two courses.
It did or didn't come in under Intro to Marketing? How did it come in at TESU?
(08-09-2024, 08:07 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: It did or didn't come in under Intro to Marketing? How did it come in at TESU?

It did not. I’m honestly not sure, as the credit evaluation isn’t making sense to me at the moment; another reason I have to call them.
(08-09-2024, 08:38 AM)SammyHam Wrote:
(08-09-2024, 08:07 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: It did or didn't come in under Intro to Marketing? How did it come in at TESU?

It did not. I’m honestly not sure, as the credit evaluation isn’t making sense to me at the moment; another reason I have to call them.

From TESU registrar’s office, regarding Sophia’s Principles of Marketing:

No credit was awarded for the principles of marketing because it needs to be reviewed by our educational review committee. Sophia is a TESU approved educational provider however, the course needs to be reviewed for equivalency by our TESU educational provider review committee. Should the course be approved for credit, we will add the credit to your record in accordance with TESU transfer credit policies. We will notify you of the outcome when it is completed.
(08-09-2024, 12:10 PM)SammyHam Wrote:
(08-09-2024, 08:38 AM)SammyHam Wrote:

From TESU registrar’s office, regarding Sophia’s Principles of Marketing:

No credit was awarded for the principles of marketing because it needs to be reviewed by our educational review committee. Sophia is a TESU approved educational provider however, the course needs to be reviewed for equivalency by our TESU educational provider review committee. Should the course be approved for credit, we will add the credit to your record in accordance with TESU transfer credit policies. We will notify you of the outcome when it is completed.
Just a heads up to all; the Sophia marketing class was approved by TESU for the upper level credit: Introduction to Marketing. So this, and Critical Thinking, are two more Sophia courses that can be transferred to TESU. Thanks again to everyone for this forum, and the resources.
[-] The following 4 users Like SammyHam's post:
  • jg_nuy, Kab, Pikachu, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 157 91,492 Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Last Post: gamebradie
  Organizational Behavior in Sophia Kab 12 939 09-12-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: wow
  New Sophia Course: Student Succes Kab 3 307 08-28-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  I never did this badly on a Sophia Touchstone before Avidreader 2 487 08-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Proctored Exams Sophia/SL? SebasUSA2024 6 423 08-19-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: SebasUSA2024
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 439 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Spanish I on Sophia DavidGood 11 816 07-30-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 889 07-26-2024, 08:34 PM
  New Sophia course: Criminology Kab 6 605 07-25-2024, 09:33 AM
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 3 918 07-24-2024, 09:54 PM