Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signed up for my 1st DSST Exam
After 6 months of procrastination, deliberation, gathering study materials and on/off again studying for the Geology exam I have finally scheduled the first DSST test date to complete my Bachelor degree. August 20th, 2008 at 5:30pm.

Here I am 107 college credits through traditional schooling and I am concerned about passing college exams. I'm writing this because I'm probably seeking encouragement in this endeavor, I don't usually fail, but the possibility is there on this exam process.

For all of you seasoned veterans of the Distance Learning realm, what words of encouragement would you kindly pass on to a guy or gal just starting out that are psyched to get started but are not confident in putting the first step forward or fearful or falling flat on their face taking the first exam.

I'm just as concerned about being successful as I was in my first job interview 20 years ago :eek: hilarious

Anyway, just thought I would ask the community that probably best understands the anxiety.

Thanks

MCUSA
I find that confidence is a big key with testing. There's no substitute for studying and repetition, but when it comes time to take the test, you need to know in your head that you can do it and just keep pushing through. I admit that I often lose confidence in the middle of the test, but at that point you're committed.
TESC BSBA - Computer Information Systems December 2008
Passed CLEPs:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Marketing
Principles of Management
Introductory Business Law
Principles of Financial Accounting

Passed DSSTs:
Principles of Statistics
Principles of Finance
I can't tell you how much I wish I had not procrastinated years ago when I first looked at CLEP. Someone told me I only needed to get 50, but I could not believe it could be that easy, or that I could do that well.

Here I am years later kicking myself. Once I took that first exam I was sure I had failed, but when the results came in I had done well. Now I am a testaholic. During each and every test I am sure I have failed this one, but each and every time I pass.

You can do this too!! If you could gain 107 credits through traditional credits you can pass this exam.

When all is said and done what is the down side? If by some strange circumstance you do not pass what have you lost, a little time and at most $100. When you pass, what have you gained 3-6 credits a great feeling and a step closer to your degree.

[SIZE="5"]Go for it!![/SIZE]
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Hi,
My story sound much like yours. I took and passed my first DSST this past Monday! It just seemed like I couldn't take that first step but I sure was spending hours and $ searching for and gathering resources. It was exhilarating walking out of that test center with a pass. I wasn't sure if I was ready I just wanted to get one under my belt. When you read this forum, it motivates you, doesn't it? I say, Go for it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 3 1,222 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 186 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,917 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 833 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,098 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 1,096 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,378 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,638 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,078 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666