Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No ACE credits on ACTFL exam?
Hey there!

I recently completed the ACTFL Listening Proficiency Test (LPT) and reached "Advanced High" in the German language. According to the following link from acenet, this should be worth 3 credits, and according to their own page, 6 lower division credits.

I did receive my certificate for it, and the Credly badge. However, unlike the other Ace accredited courses, there are no credits on the badge.

I did reach out to the customer support, but nothing was done to change that. This was the response I received:

"Please login to your account on Credly and request a transcript to be sent to your college. 
We appreciate your business and the opportunity to be your language testing provider." - LTI Customer Care

Did I do something wrong, and what can I do now?

Thank you for your time and responses!

Sources:

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...0d3a363879

https://www.languagetesting.com/credit-r...ssessments
Most schools require that you send the ACTFL/LTI transcript in addition to the Credly badge for this. They can look it up in the National Guide to see what the credit should be worth.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Sound like you're looking at the ACE recommendation. Colleges aren't required to use those recommendations. Every school will accept the exam differently. You need to send official transcripts to your school for the credit.
@Aikuroa, have you followed up with the institution in regards to this? You should send all the information you have for the institution to evaluate the credit if they actually accept ACE/ACTFL.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you very much for your responses. I just expected the ACE recommendation to be found below the badge on the credly transcript, just like how it was with all the other badges I earned before. They all have that, so I thought something went wrong when this badge didn't have it.
(06-15-2023, 10:50 AM)Aikuroa Wrote: Thank you very much for your responses. I just expected the ACE recommendation to be found below the badge on the credly transcript, just like how it was with all the other badges I earned before. They all have that, so I thought something went wrong when this badge didn't have it.

I think it's because it's more complicated - it needs to be a language supported by ACE, and there are different numbers of credits depending on what level you get.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Try making the badge "public". When I do this the ACE credit shows up.
(06-15-2023, 01:09 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: Try making the badge "public". When I do this the ACE credit shows up.

Even though my ACTFL badge is public, it doesn't show ACE credit either. I am curious to see how UMPI will handle this.
(06-28-2023, 08:57 AM)lumina Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 01:09 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: Try making the badge "public". When I do this the ACE credit shows up.

Even though my ACTFL badge is public, it doesn't show ACE credit either.  I am curious to see how UMPI will handle this.

You have to send UMPI your Credly transcript.
I faced the same issue. I have Superior for OPIc - language is listed on the ACE National Guide (ID: ACTF-0046), and my Credly doesn't mention the ACE endorsement for the ACTFL badge as for Sophia courses, for example. Worrying how UMPI will look at it and handle that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 801 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 666 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 398 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 212 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 893 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,025 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter
  Best Options For Fast Credits harrypotter 11 1,066 05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,237 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,884 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
  If I transfer OTHM Diploma into US University, will they be counted as RA credits? lucillegyl 7 1,512 02-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl