Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sending a failed exam grade to a college
Yes, I have been stressing to new testing candidates to NEVER touch the 'Cancel Score' button! Candidates seem to get confused whether 'Report Score' is the correct choice if they have not selected a college/university to receive the official score report. Maybe think of it as reporting the score to the CLEP test server.

No matter how you feel you did on the test questions, always select 'report score' because you have already paid the test fee (no refunds!), if you want to retake this particular test subject again you will still have to wait the 6 months, and you could very well have passed. Remember that there are always extra questions in every CLEP exam which are not scored (and you don't know which ones they are).
BGSU_Alum_86 Wrote:Yes, I have been stressing to new testing candidates to NEVER touch the 'Cancel Score' button! Candidates seem to get confused whether 'Report Score' is the correct choice if they have not selected a college/university to receive the official score report. Maybe think of it as reporting the score to the CLEP test server.

No matter how you feel you did on the test questions, always select 'report score' because you have already paid the test fee (no refunds!), if you want to retake this particular test subject again you will still have to wait the 6 months, and you could very well have passed. Remember that there are always extra questions in every CLEP exam which are not scored (and you don't know which ones they are).

LOL this made me laugh. I thought it was only me, but when they ask you a million times if YOU'RE SURE you want to submit your score, it always made me nervous!!! Yes-yes-yes and always yes.
I actually had a young tester who got confused. He originally selected to report, but then when the screen asked if he was sure (along with the explanations of each choice) he thought he should select cancel because he wasn't even attending college. Did he come out and ask someone to verify his line of thinking? No! Too late, as once you make the second choice (different or confirm your original choice), that is it. His score was cancelled and the craziness ensued with him, his parents and me! They were turned over to CLEP Services who were able to help resolve the issue (though the tester had to wait until his score report arrived in the mail).

If there is ever a question, ask before clicking on anything.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,918 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,769 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,037 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,604 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,348 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 624 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 448 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 761 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 297 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 4 1,117 06-13-2024, 09:12 AM