Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample Transcript from Pierpont Needed
Before taking Sophia, Straighterline.com or Study.com I am asking my local university for a bachelor’s if they will accept the credits. 

Originally they said no, but if it comes from an RA college they said maybe. They want to see an example of what the classes look like on the transcript before they tell me yes or no. 

Does anyone have a picture of thier transcript (info omitted), so I can show it to the university as an example of how Pierpont transcribes ACE? That's where I'm enrolled for classes and to send ACE. 

Are they showing graded or pass fail? Both? 

The college I'm asking is NMU, Northern Michigan for anyone wondering. 

Thanks.
ACE courses will be listed as transfer credit. You will need to provide the ACE courses transcripts when you apply to your college. They are not RA credits. ACE credits are usually shown with a T on transcripts when transfer them in. the Credly transcript lists P for passing. But if you use the Parchment transcripts for Sophia, your numeric scores are listed on the transcript.
(06-21-2024, 02:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote: ACE courses will be listed as transfer credit. You will need to provide the ACE courses transcripts when you apply to your college. They are not RA credits. ACE credits are usually shown with a T on transcripts when transfer them in. the Credly transcript lists P for passing. But if you use the Parchment transcripts for Sophia, your numeric scores are listed on the transcript.
Yes, thank you. I understand the courses aren't RA themselves. But Pierpont is correct? And they would be transcribed to the Pierpont transcript correct? as transfer credit. I'm not attempting to credit launder. I'm just making sure what classes I use, the university will accept later so I don't have to redo the courses for the Bachelores. 

So I'm just looking for anyone to show what one or two classes looks like literally on the transcript. Which is the the NMU advisor asked me to send.
(06-21-2024, 03:11 PM)Heath Wrote:
(06-21-2024, 02:23 PM)ss20ts Wrote: ACE courses will be listed as transfer credit. You will need to provide the ACE courses transcripts when you apply to your college. They are not RA credits. ACE credits are usually shown with a T on transcripts when transfer them in. the Credly transcript lists P for passing. But if you use the Parchment transcripts for Sophia, your numeric scores are listed on the transcript.
Yes, thank you. I understand the courses aren't RA themselves. But Pierpont is correct? And they would be transcribed to the Pierpont transcript correct? as transfer credit. I'm not attempting to credit launder. I'm just making sure what classes I use, the university will accept later so I don't have to redo the courses for the Bachelores. 

So I'm just looking for anyone to show what one or two classes looks like literally on the transcript. Which is the the NMU advisor asked me to send.
This post has a sample in post # 1
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-questions
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(06-21-2024, 03:43 PM)jg_nuy Wrote:

This post has a sample in post # 1
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-questions

Thank you.

They show as Sophia transfer credit. You need to find out if your college accepts ACE credits. If they do, then who do they accept credit from, which courses, and how do these courses transfer into your degree program. Get all of this in writing. Have you looked to see if your college has a Study page? Some do even through they're not partners.
(06-21-2024, 01:31 PM)Heath Wrote: Before taking Sophia, Straighterline.com or Study.com I am asking my local university for a bachelor’s if they will accept the credits. 

Originally they said no, but if it comes from an RA college they said maybe. They want to see an example of what the classes look like on the transcript before they tell me yes or no. 

Does anyone have a picture of thier transcript (info omitted), so I can show it to the university as an example of how Pierpont transcribes ACE? That's where I'm enrolled for classes and to send ACE. 

Are they showing graded or pass fail? Both? 

The college I'm asking is NMU, Northern Michigan for anyone wondering. 

Thanks.

What you're describing is called 'credit laundering', and it doesn't work. School's will want the transcript from the original source, or from Credly for most ACE credits. An exception might be a 'block transfer' of an associate into a bachelor program, but these aren't very common anymore; even WGU doesn't do them for many of the degrees they used to.

You'll want to ask them if they take credits that are evaluated by 'American Council on Education' - https://www.acenet.edu Many state schools tend to only take them for military students, but you need to be clear on what you're asking because often times the person you're asking has no idea what you're talking about. Here is the page for the guide - https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...fault.aspx And even if they do take them, it is likely they only take some; maybe CLEP, or AP, or only from Straighterline (for example).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • jch, ss20ts
A handful of schools do, actually, accept credits that they wouldn't otherwise accept when said credits have been transcripted by another institution. A great historical example of this has been FEMA credits. Excelsior no longer accepts them directly, but has previously accepted them when transcribed by Frederick(?) Community College. TESU, UMPI, and others don't accept FEMA credits at all, no matter who has transcripted them.

IIRC, South College is/was like this; they wouldn't accept ACE directly, but would accept it on a Pierpont (or other school) transcript. I suspect it partially had to do with the school not being outright opposed to ACE but also not be willing to invest their own resources into determining what an alt credit course means, but they're willing to accept what another institution has said.

Schools are weird.

I don't know if NMU will accept ACE credits on another school's transcript. It's technically worth a shot, but don't be surprise if it doesn't work.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • jch, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Pierpont BOG Alternative? EWVCC Captainrekt000 10 607 10-12-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont timelines for 10/4 FeFe_Fiona 10 975 10-10-2024, 11:41 AM
  Pierpont Contacts - Please Do Not Spam Them tensen 21 6,242 10-06-2024, 03:39 AM
Last Post: bryceton
  Last minute - items needed for BOG application any4yeardegree 12 615 10-04-2024, 04:51 PM
  Help with creating Pierpont account ArshveerCheema 1 222 10-03-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: any4yeardegree
  Pierpont Dual Enrollment Price Increase jg_nuy 0 213 10-02-2024, 06:32 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 30 2,868 10-01-2024, 11:09 AM
  Pierpont degree Holds delvin 1 299 09-30-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 40 3,264 09-27-2024, 11:17 AM
  Pierpont & Western Civ 1&2 Carnation 0 193 09-21-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Carnation